The DICTATOR is thinking about abusing his executive powers to require background checks on all sales..

He has threatened this a few times in the recent past but he knows it won't fly and the Congress will kill it. He is just trying to sell to his constituents that he is trying to do something and blowing hot air for the most part..........jmho

• Like 2

After reading a lot of the news sites different articles over the last 2 days something about this attack has had a different effect on the general population.Reading a lot of the comments afterwards it appears that the American population is not buying the politicians anti gun rhetoric this time.I like a lot of the commentators feel that to enact any type of gun control would in fact make the people more vulnerable-not more safe.I guess what I am trying to say is that its about time some of these citizens are finally waking up to what the rest of us already were thinking.

• Like 8
I just can’t imagine how intelligent people believe that background checks will have any impact.

I think eventually they stop private sales without background checks; and the killings will continue. Farrok; like most of the other shooters would not have been stopped by a background check.

So what will stop these people? Well it won’t be gun control, and they aren’t afraid to die for their beliefs, so obviously the threat of death or jail doesn’t impact them. Stopping their shooting spree immediately is the only thing that will lessen the body count. That will require some type of force.

An active shooter needs to be made unwilling or unable to fire his weapon. What part of that do these people not understand? How can they believe they can stop anyone from getting guns? If we had a way to do that wouldn’t we have done it with drugs? Drugs kill a lot more Americans than shooters.
  • Like 2

Have no idea how they can limit ammo sales unless they require a background check on buying ammo and put you in the computer for all gun stores and Walmart to see. Say a 2 box limit? Well just buy 2 boxes at Royal Range, drive 5 miles to Walmart buy 2 more boxes, drive 2 miles to the Sportsman gun store on Charlotte Pk. and buy 2 boxes, drive 1 mile to Dicks, 2 more and so on and so on.

I'm not seeing a background check on ammo happening on a national level.

Background checks on ammo would require a change in the law, since they repealed logging requirements on ammo sales back in the '80's.

Trying to define how many sales a year before you're 'in the business' of selling guns is likely what they'll try and do...  that will result in a lot of court cases that Obama won't win unless he sets the number way too high to have any impact what so ever.  The law (while unconstitutional) is very clear, personal transfers aren't supposed to require background checks.

• Like 1

Well, it is my understanding that all of the guns they used in this last shooting were purchased legally with back ground checks so what more can be done in that area. They said two of the guns were not purchased by either shooter so maybe they need to locate that person and find out who he is..............jmho

• Like 1

Not saying I think it will happen, but it would be similar to how the sale of Sudafed is controlled. Entering your DL #/name into national database

That's exactly what I was thinking. They already have a basic system in place with Sudafed, just swap out bullets and it would work, at least in their minds.

This guy was using remote controlled cars as part of his IED plan. What keeps them from buying a flying drone and using air delivery? Some not too expensive ones are available now that would carry enough explosives to make a pretty good mess. 

I had a friend on Facebook last night try to tell me that we need stricter background checks. He clarified by saying that anyone who wishes to purchase a firearm must first meet with a psychiatrist.

I couldn't do anything but laugh.

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1

From an expense standpoint, between database creation, implementation, maintenance, and surveillance, I think it'd be a tough sale to taxpayers, because it's pretty clear not much value would be gained. How many rounds did the latest "biggest mass murder since Sandy Hook" perps even fire? (2) 50 round boxes each?

About 75 shots at the scene, and another 75 during the police/SUV battle.

- OS

Just heard one of the talking heads on NPR say that the terrorist couple had x-amount of rounds of handgun ammunition and x-amount of rounds of "assault rifle ammunition".
During the same segment a guest on the show said that all rifles should be band that make you look "Rambo-esque". What a tool.
On another note, today on NPR I have heard it insinuated several times, them not even realizing where all their mindless blathering was leading them, that in reality, the only way to disuade the attackers and to lessen the body count is for someone else on the scene to be armed. Not going to be a far leap from there to them connecting the dots that that can only be accomplished by way of an armed populace, because cops can't be everywhere. Of course, they won't all realize that and they will never say that. But, I think the results of this attack, in terms of 2A rights, are producing a greater appreciation for the armed civilian. Here's hoping

Is NPR still getting federal tax dollars? That should stop but it wont happen with that POS in the White House. 

• Like 1