How Many Magazines?

If you are just starting out, then I think a basic magazine amount is 3 for each pistol and 7 for each rifle.  Once you get to that point, then start buying extra rifle mags until you get to the right amount for you.  Then start buying pistol mags until you get to the amount that is right for you.  Don't forget to buy the ammunition for each one as well.

• 3 weeks later...

A few years ago I saw a super sweet deal on a 100ct box of magpul follower battleship gray 30 rounders at BravoCompany USA...I threw down and have never regretted it.  Having similar positions in my select pistol use, I feel comfortable.

Pmags are sold out or allocated at wholesalers.  I dont think the panic buying has hit the public yet, but it has hit the dealer side...

Really?  Did this just happen?  Just two weeks ago I was getting emails from Primary Arms selling Pmags at $12. 

I think you we all need enough mags to survive Hillary's presidency. Mags wear out, get broken, and lost. Buy a pile of them because they probably won't be getting any cheaper.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sage advice from shotgunshooter!

A Hillary potential is real. I, like many here, suffered through the Clinton era ban and it sucked. I saw normal capacity Glock mags sell for $50.00 each, "Happy Sticks" for $100.00 each +. Etc, etc...

Mags are pretty darned cheap and still readily available... and they are the disposable part of the system. There is no reason to think the assault on our Second Amendment will ever ease my friends....Hillary or not. :2cents:

• Like 1

Sage advice from shotgunshooter!

A Hillary potential is real. I, like many here, suffered through the Clinton era ban and it sucked. I saw normal capacity Glock mags sell for $50.00 each, "Happy Sticks" for $100.00 each +. Etc, etc...

Mags are pretty darned cheap and still readily available... and they are the disposable part of the system. There is no reason to think the assault on our Second Amendment will ever ease my friends....Hillary or not. :2cents:

short of repealing the voting rights act or the 13-15th amendments ( not advocating just stating a fact) I think Hillary has a hell of a good chance.All lefties will vote for her. The problem with decent conservatives is that  we are more likely to stay home ( not me) than vote for the lesser of two evils. You know the saying that republicans like to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

As a transplant from the nanny-state of NY, I enjoy teasing my friends and old neighbor's about magazine capacity... Those chuckleheads passed a law that says only 7-rnds per mag. Odd's are, you'll see some sort of similar action from the federal level, restricting capacity as a means to chipping away at your 2nd Amendment little by little, rather than a straight-up ban.

Currently there's a bill floating around the downstate area suggesting you should only be allowed to buy twice the factory-spec capacity of ammunition every 90-days. For my M&P Compact that's 24 rnds every 90-days. I pop off at least 80-100 every time I go to the range, which is like once a week!!!!

BEFORE Fartknocker gets out and Hillary gets in, you can just about guarantee SOMETHING is going to happen. All the whack-a-doo's in the news lately only serve to reinforce their claims, in some odd twist of Orwellian logic. :wall:

- K

As a transplant from the nanny-state of NY, I enjoy teasing my friends and old neighbor's about magazine capacity... Those chuckleheads passed a law that says only 7-rnds per mag. Odd's are, you'll see some sort of similar action from the federal level, restricting capacity as a means to chipping away at your 2nd Amendment little by little, rather than a straight-up ban.

Currently there's a bill floating around the downstate area suggesting you should only be allowed to buy twice the factory-spec capacity of ammunition every 90-days. For my M&P Compact that's 24 rnds every 90-days. I pop off at least 80-100 every time I go to the range, which is like once a week!!!!

BEFORE Fartknocker gets out and Hillary gets in, you can just about guarantee SOMETHING is going to happen. All the whack-a-doo's in the news lately only serve to reinforce their claims, in some odd twist of Orwellian logic. :wall:

- K

Sounds like you did not bring your yankee ways with you. Wish more were like that. Our gun rights would be safer.

with that 7 mag rule......If someone has a permit in NY I know they can have a 10 round mag, but only put 7 in it. Does the one in the pipe count? Also could you carry extra loose rounds with you?

Sounds like you did not bring your yankee ways with you. Wish more were like that. Our gun rights would be safer.

Amen!

Another NY-Transplant recently said it best in another thread. I could have lived anywhere in this country. I CHOSE to move my family to Tennessee (for many reasons). Ya'll might talk w/ marbles in your mouth sometimes, ;) , but I don't hold that against ya!

I never studied the particular's of the NY law, it was passed in a political-rush after the School shooting in CT incident, and clearly wasn't well thought out (cuz they didn't limit the number of mag's you can have/carry, just the capacity of each one). If you had a 10rd you were supposed to get an insert for it, or turn it in and buy new 7-rd compliant one's. I don't know anyone who did that.

For the record, the bulk of that state is strongly opposed, it was the downstate politicians (NYC area) that pushed it through. Imagine if most of TN's politics was decided by the people that live in/around Memphis? The wife and I started our pistol permit process before leaving, never finished it - takes over a year in most cases! And they're so asinine about the ammo, too: You cannot even purchase ammunition unless a pistol of that caliber is listed on your permit (e.g. I couldn't buy a box of .45's and meet you at the range, b/c I have a 9mm). MOST LGS's would look the other way for regulars, but still, just stupid laws that really don't have the desired affect (stopping mass-shootings by criminals!). Frankly it was one of the final-straw's w/ me deciding it was time to pack up our shit and GTFOOD!

• Like 3
I don't have a specific formula or numeric equation(10timesx plus 3x for every time the potus uses the AWB threat plus one for the road). I buy AR mags about twice a year when I find a good deal, usually 6-10 at a time. I have a couple of pistols that I have alot of mags for, like my main home defense. My carry guns have two or three. JUST BUY MORE.
What about magazine repair parts?

Springs, followers, baseplates?

When I put extensions on my Glocks I swap out springs and baseplates and keep em in a spares bucket.

Same for AR15 followers and springs, usually the USGI mags fail when you toss em on the ground or step on em - but the springs/followers are usually in good shape.

Hell same goes for RSAs, bolt gas rings, extractor springs, extra pins and springs for triggers and buffers. Disconnectors, hammers, sears - all that crap can easily fail if you find yourself fighting in an unconventional manner

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk