Academy stepped up this time

LI0NSFAN

I went in to look around with no intention on buying a gun. I saw a sign that said Clearance and had a list of long guns and hand guns. I spotted a freaking good deal. Service XD with gear in 357 sig for $277.98. I asked to see one and the employee handed me an xd and I did a quick feel and look and said I will take it. He sent me up front to pay the TICS. I came back and stood in line for about an hour. I was starting to get really mad at this point. It was finally my turn. I filled out all the paperwork and they went to get the gun to put in the serial number, and poof the gun was gone. The guy that originally helped me apparently just up and left because his shift was over. The poor employee that was helping me was frantically looking for it with no luck. To make the story shorter they never found the gun. The manager apologized like 30 times and ended up selling me a XD mod 2 in .40 for the price of the other gun. I walked out happy-ish with a mod 2 for 303otd and just went to the Springfield website and got my 2 free mags mag holster and soft case for free. Now all I need to do is get a 357 sig barrel and I will be happy. I will end up with the gun, 4 mags, 2 mag holsters, gun holster, speedloader, a hard and soft case and a storm lake 9mm barrel all for under $450

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk Edited by LI0NSFAN
  • Like 6

I got a feeling somebody will be getting an earful tomorrow when they get to work.

Yep, same guy I had an issue with before. The entire staff said he is a horrible employee. He has just walked out at the end of his shift without letting anyone know several times this holiday season. I think he might finally be fired.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I wonder what happened to the gun. If it sold during our 1 hour in line, then the counter help should have said something. I think there is more to the story of the missing gun.

The manager said they did not walk up a Springfield. The looked through the paperwork for the hour I was waiting and one was not sold. When I got back from paying for the TICS I did not see it on the counter, but I just figured that it was sat somewhere else because the back counter was full. There was probably 10 guns sold during the time I was there. I left this out to shorten the OP.

The manager said they did not walk up a Springfield. The looked through the paperwork for the hour I was waiting and one was not sold. When I got back from paying for the TICS I did not see it on the counter, but I just figured that it was sat somewhere else because the back counter was full. There was probably 10 guns sold during the time I was there. I left this out to shorten the OP.

You handled it better than me.  When I make a decision, its tough to compromise.  I think I would have shown my rear end, or at least the leading edge of my crack!

You handled it better than me. When I make a decision, its tough to compromise. I think I would have shown my rear end, or at least the leading edge of my crack!

I would probably been more upset if it wasn't a purchase that I was making solely for the price point. I can't think of another time I saw a gun for half the retail price. I mean $277, not many guns sell for that, let alone a Springfield. I got a great gun for a great deal, I left only upset about the amount of time spent there. It was almost 2 hours of standing around.

I would probably been more upset if it wasn't a purchase that I was making solely for the price point. I can't think of another time I saw a gun for half the retail price. I mean $277, not many guns sell for that, let alone a Springfield. I got a great gun for a great deal, I left only upset about the amount of time spent there. It was almost 2 hours of standing around.

At that price, I could afford to stand around for awhile.  Congrats on the SA pistol.

• Like 2

At that price, I could afford to stand around for awhile. Congrats on the SA pistol.

Price, quality and service...

For the lowest price by a country mile (especially with all the add-ons you have) and a great quality product, I'd be willing to accept a lower service level.
  • Like 1

I went in to look around with no intention on buying a gun. I saw a sign that said Clearance and had a list of long guns and hand guns. I spotted a freaking good deal. Service XD with gear in 357 sig for $277.98. I asked to see one and the employee handed me an xd and I did a quick feel and look and said I will take it. He sent me up front to pay the TICS. I came back and stood in line for about an hour. I was starting to get really mad at this point. It was finally my turn. I filled out all the paperwork and they went to get the gun to put in the serial number, and poof the gun was gone. The guy that originally helped me apparently just up and left because his shift was over. The poor employee that was helping me was frantically looking for it with no luck. To make the story shorter they never found the gun. The manager apologized like 30 times and ended up selling me a XD mod 2 in .40 for the price of the other gun. I walked out happy-ish with a mod 2 for 303otd and just went to the Springfield website and got my 2 free mags mag holster and soft case for free. Now all I need to do is get a 357 sig barrel and I will be happy. I will end up with the gun, 4 mags, 2 mag holsters, gun holster, speedloader, a hard and soft case and a storm lake 9mm barrel all for under $450

It's the CommsNBombs .40 conspiracy all over again.  Would of been funnier if you were originally getting a 10mm  :rofl:

I am not a big fan of 40 either. They offered me one in 9mm but I took the 40 so I could just get a 357 barrel. I called lone wolf and they said the conversion barrels will be available early 2016 for the mod 2.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk Edited by LI0NSFAN
  • Like 1

The staff there sucks. I was standing at the counter trying to get an employee to ring me up a Maverick 88. As I'm waiting, I watch him pull a Glock out from the cabinet (for another customer), aim it squarely at his own chest while he racked the slide then pulled the trigger. I asked him about why he was using such a peculiar and unsafe manner to clear a gun and he responded "the manager doesn't want us to aim at the floor in case its loaded and ricochets."  :squint:  I pointed out to him that getting shot in the chest was a far nastier outcome (and he shouldn't be pulling the trigger anyway just to show the weapon was clear).

Took over an hour to get them to run the background check and make it the register. When I finally made it to the register, they refused to sell me a box of shells at the same time as the gun citing "safety concerns." :down:

WOW!  I bought a Mod.2 in the 3 inch model last February for around $550 locally.  To boot some joker put CA compliant mags in the pack and Springfield swore that was correct, so I had to buy two more mags.  You got a steal!  I want the 4 inch service model in 45 acp also, but I'm tapped out for now.

I bought a really nice fish finder for my boat a year or so ago at Academy and after mounting all the hardware, cables, power cord and mounting the transducer etc.....I tried it out but the card reader was bad and it wouldn't let me install the maps etc. I tried a couple of different sd cards but the reader wouldn't recognize anything. I headed back to academy with the head portion only in the box. The people up front called a manager and after listening to my problem, which included how I really didn't want to have to remove all that other stuff just to replace the head portion, he simply agreed with me and said "follow me.". We walked to the fish finder section he got a new one out and exchanged my head unit for the new one, putting my non working one in the box. He said he was sorry for the trouble I had. I said "you just made a life long customer sir" thanked him, and shook his hand. The replacement worked like a charm and I'm still using it.

Edited by Randall53