Free to Good home: Blue Tick Dog

ReeferMac

You say dog; I say give it to me. LOL

You say baby; I say no thanks (unless that's a baby puppy).

Dogs have a very soft spot in my heart and it's due to Bailey. The first dog I ever adopted. Ever since then I've sworn to never buy when I can adopt. I also refuse to let a girl like this go. I've got our basement set with a 10' x 10' area that has a bed and food bowls. She'll have full run of the yard and we'll foster her until we find her a home through the local rescue. In the mean time I am going to focus on getting her weight up.
  • Like 6

Thanks to both of you for taking care of the beautiful dog.....  

I grew up on a farm in the middle of no where.. we had a lot of dogs dropped off in the middle of the night.  My parents didn't have that much extra money but we kept and took care of them.  

I still have a hard time understanding why people dropped them off.  Some were pure breeds some were just mutts.

There were some great dogs dropped off.  

One was a blue tick, It was beautiful dog,  I remember my dad telling me not to expect to keep that one. He was right the dogs owner show up a few hours later looking for him.

e9171ecb462d29fcf477fe6cda0b5c4e.jpg

This guy was a rescue 7 years ago. Total cost for me to adopt was $28.00. I just couldn't live with that and gave the shelter $300.

He came from a rescue center in upstate NY that picked up dogs from kill shelters in Georgia.

He isn't a great guard dog, but is the best friend I could have. He's so gentle that once he caught a whitetail fawn (think bambi spots and all) when the fawn cried he put it down and licked it to calm it. Mama deer wasn't too happy with him but everyone was safe and moved on after a moment.

All I think of is all the great times we have had together might never have been if it weren't for great kind people like Reefermac, and Mrsmonkeyman. By the way Mrs Reefer and Monkey man are lucky people too!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

It's like when Southern folk smile and tell a Yankee "Bless your heart".. :D  I figured being kind was in everyone's best interest.

- K

That's kinda like saying "with all due respect"  It's nothing but a free pass to say what you really want to say.

• Like 2

Thank you both for doing this. It makes me sick to my stomach how some people treat animals. I'm going to go play w/ my pups now and try not to think about all the evil $#%*s in the world. I'm so glad this beautiful dog is being cared for. Bless you both for the good you do.

• Like 2

That's kinda like saying "with all due respect"  It's nothing but a free pass to say what you really want to say.

Oh, I was duly warned about some of the double-speak I might run into down here, but I appreciate it. I figured he wasn't the brightest bulb in the batch, so just smiled a lot while nodding until he left. ;)

Last night here, we'll be able to leave our shoe's out again!

Big white poofball's our dog, a 3-year old Golden Retriever/Standard Poodle mix. More Poodle than Golden. Great family pet, hypo-allergenic! Just shave 'em down in the warm weather (long hair was an asset for him last 2 winters!)

CAM00099.jpg

- K

I posted her on my Instagram. Yes I am one of those nerds. I just received a private message from a woman all the way in NY that I have been friends with offering me financial assistance with her vetting and care. Kindness is EVERY WHERE, you just have to be open to seeing it. This world has become a little rough.

Daisy is proof there is still good in the world!

I second Mrs Monkey a good friend's wife put up some puppies on craigslist and when they were rehomed the guy who got them texted her pictures of them dismembered.

Id take her if you were more west.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a candidate for a catapult for humans that has a nice brick wall in front of it geez....

HRH Daisy Mae Bluebelle Bonnet has landed in the fair woods of Jackson County. We got to meet up with R.M. and his family today to get her. I felt like a huge jerk taking a dog from the cutest little girl, but the dog was really cute too and I knew it was the right thing. Had she started to cry, they would've been stuck with her. LOL So here is HRH Daisy Mae Bluebelle Bonnet when we first got home. I opened the back of the truck to let her sniff a bit.

[url=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/Daisy/195_zpsaqzsuevx.jpg.html]195_zpsaqzsuevx.jpg[/URL]

She rode really well in the truck. She whimpered when we left RM and family and she bayed while I pumped gas down the road but once we got on 40 she was quiet as a church mouse and that's pretty awesome. So this next picture is HRH Daisy Mae Bluebelle Bonnet scoping out her goods from TSC. Knowing she wasn't an "indoors dog" I got her a cheap bed. If she pees on it or tears it up oh well. We also have her crate with pine shavings for her too. She got 2 rope bones, 3 pig ears, 2 L Shapes some part of a cow bones, a water bucket and food dish and a huge bottle of shampoo because, RM was very right. She's kinda stinky.

[url=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/Daisy/202_zpsgvkbe2pu.jpg.html]202_zpsgvkbe2pu.jpg[/URL]

This is HRH Daisy Mae Bluebelle Bonnet eating. She got dry food and 2 fresh eggs from the coop.

[url=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/Daisy/205_zpsjo021l09.jpg.html]205_zpsjo021l09.jpg[/URL]

She cannot seem to keep her ears out of the food. We'll work on that and a few other things as we go along.

The good news is, I have chosen a rescue to assist Monkey and I. As you all know we have a large pack at 7. I want to try to make it 8. But it might not work out. The rescue is going to let me use their discounted prices at the vet. Which is AWESOME. She has an appointment for Tuesday, she will get a full check up, all vaccines, heartworm and parasite tests, ears flushed and grooming if I can't get the stink out myself. My only concern at this point is that she has never had heartworm preventative. So I am a bit worried about that and if it will come back positive or not. No matter what, she will get ANYTHING and EVERYTHING she needs. Monkey and I are going to do introductions to the pack over the long weekend and hope that it can click. If not, we will just foster until a home becomes available.

Some of you have reached out and offered financial assistance to me via PM. I want to thank you for that. If Monkey and I keep her, we will pay for everything ourselves. However, if we cannot keep her due to the pack, at that point I will announce the name of the rescue that is covering the costs and if you want you can then donate to the rescue. They are a 501c3 so it is a tax deductible item. I'll be sure to keep you updated on progress and what not. For now she's resting and quiet which is a good thing.

Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
  • Like 7
  • Moderators

HRH Daisy Mae Bluebelle Bonnet has landed in the fair woods of Jackson County. We got to meet up with R.M. and his family today to get her. I felt like a huge jerk taking a dog from the cutest little girl, but the dog was really cute too and I knew it was the right thing. Had she started to cry, they would've been stuck with her. LOL So here is HRH Daisy Mae Bluebelle Bonnet when we first got home. I opened the back of the truck to let her sniff a bit.
195_zpsaqzsuevx.jpg
She rode really well in the truck. She whimpered when we left RM and family and she bayed while I pumped gas down the road but once we got on 40 she was quiet as a church mouse and that's pretty awesome. So this next picture is HRH Daisy Mae Bluebelle Bonnet scoping out her goods from TSC. Knowing she wasn't an "indoors dog" I got her a cheap bed. If she pees on it or tears it up oh well. We also have her crate with pine shavings for her too. She got 2 rope bones, 3 pig ears, 2 L Shapes some part of a cow bones, a water bucket and food dish and a huge bottle of shampoo because, RM was very right. She's kinda stinky.
202_zpsgvkbe2pu.jpg
This is HRH Daisy Mae Bluebelle Bonnet eating. She got dry food and 2 fresh eggs from the coop.
205_zpsjo021l09.jpg
She cannot seem to keep her ears out of the food. We'll work on that and a few other things as we go along.

The good news is, I have chosen a rescue to assist Monkey and I. As you all know we have a large pack at 7. I want to try to make it 8. But it might not work out. The rescue is going to let me use their discounted prices at the vet. Which is AWESOME. She has an appointment for Tuesday, she will get a full check up, all vaccines, heartworm and parasite tests, ears flushed and grooming if I can't get the stink out myself. My only concern at this point is that she has never had heartworm preventative. So I am a bit worried about that and if it will come back positive or not. No matter what, she will get ANYTHING and EVERYTHING she needs. Monkey and I are going to do introductions to the pack over the long weekend and hope that it can click. If not, we will just foster until a home becomes available.

Some of you have reached out and offered financial assistance to me via PM. I want to thank you for that. If Monkey and I keep her, we will pay for everything ourselves. However, if we cannot keep her due to the pack, at that point I will announce the name of the rescue that is covering the costs and if you want you can then donate to the rescue. They are a 501c3 so it is a tax deductible item. I'll be sure to keep you updated on progress and what not. For now she's resting and quiet which is a good thing.

Fantastic. Daisy Mae is in great hands. great job making a difference.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just so you know Coon Hounds of all breeds always get their ears in their food if they are full blooded. Red Bones, Blue Ticks, Basset Hounds, Blood Hounds and some Beagles all are noted for their ears............ :up:

Thank you very much for what you and Reefer have done for her. My son would have loved her if not for the distance. I spoke with him yesterday and he said between him and his oldest son they have 8 Blue Ticks and two Red Bones. Oldest grand son does hunt coons so he uses many of them but my son just likes having them around. They all stay at his place in the country.  :up:

• Like 1

Thought I would add a few more pictures of a truly abused mutt according to my friends.............They say I am abusing her with Love!!

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Kasey%20and%20Girl%20Dog/Picture%20098_zpsbuegji19.jpg.html]Picture%20098_zpsbuegji19.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Kasey%20and%20Girl%20Dog/Picture%20129_zpsdjakskyc.jpg.html]Picture%20129_zpsdjakskyc.jpg[/URL]

That bed she is laying on is a twin size Memory Foam Mattress with that quilt is her favorite and she has had those toys since she was a puppy and still plays with them in the middle of the night and wakes me up squeaky them................. :rofl:

• Like 1
Awesome! :up:

We ended up getting small diameter bowls for my redbone hound because he would drag his ears too :rofl: The tips of his ears were always wet, so the smaller bowl keep his ears out, lol.

Also when our redbone develops a stinch the we can't get rid of it's usually his ears. We have an earwash and antibiotic from the vet that clears it right up if needed. Hounds are prone to ear dirt, infection, etc because they drag them on or near the ground while sniffing. So, the earflush might help.
  • Like 1

Awesome! :up:

We ended up getting small diameter bowls for my redbone hound because he would drag his ears too :rofl: The tips of his ears were always wet, so the smaller bowl keep his ears out, lol.

Also when our redbone develops a stinch the we can't get rid of it's usually his ears. We have an earwash and antibiotic from the vet that clears it right up if needed. Hounds are prone to ear dirt, infection, etc because they drag them on or near the ground while sniffing. So, the earflush might help.

I have meds for ear infections and flushing stuff here, but before I do anything I want a vet's opinion first.
  • Like 1