Another Burglary at nRange

I'm sure they are all good boys and trying to turn their life around. If they only had a job, they wouldn't have to steal. I agree with runco, I'm sure they have a FFL and will do a background check before they sell any of these guns.   :ugh:

Edited by crossfire
  • Like 1
This is what happens when they close the gun-show loophole. Now, they have to resort to robbery when they used to be able to buy fully automatic clips on the Internet. But, don't worry, if they decide to sell the guns to their friends, they will do a background check first....Please don't tell Obama about this, I'd hate to have his feelings hurt since he is in touch with his tears....give me a break! Edited by gr8smiles
  • Like 8

Less than a mile from my house. I am a member there. The Park Glen Subdivision, where I live, has only one way in and out for traffic. MJ Police had it blocked off and checking cars and trunks entering and exiting.

And I guess we're all supposed to be okay with random, warrantless vehicle searches...
  • Like 7

Law abiding citizens have nothing to hide. So what's the problem?

They're just looking for the guys that robbed a store. We should all want to catch the bad guys, right?

Stole some guns or shoplifted a loaf of bread, theft is theft. Checkpoints at every stoplight! Huzzah for freedom!
  • Like 2

They're just looking for the guys that robbed a store. We should all want to catch the bad guys, right?

Stole some guns or shoplifted a loaf of bread, theft is theft. Checkpoints at every stoplight! Huzzah for freedom!

Exactly.  Safety is worth living in a police state.  

• Like 1

I think these burglary's were going on before the Speech by the Cry baby the other day. In some cases I think that if I was a gun store owner I would make it much harder to get into my business than just driving through the front door. By now they should all know they are prime targets for these type of crimes. I am impressed that the thieves chose a Volvo because Volvo does brag about all the airbags and safety features they have to keep the driver safe in head on collisions.................... :squint:................jmho  

And I guess we're all supposed to be okay with random, warrantless vehicle searches...

I thought about that.  I was in a pickup so they didn't stop me.  MJ police are generally known as polite but they can be borderline, um, interesting.  Topic for another thread.  ;)

• Like 1

One of the things that bothers me about this is the lack of effort/oversight concerning the precautions that Nrange didn't take to prevent this from happening.  I know most of you have not seen the store but most of the front of the shop is large plate glass windows.  The windows don't have any bars on them or anything else to prevent entry in the event that the window is broken.  There are also not any pylons of anything else to prevent a vehicle from being rammed into the window.  I'm not sure what protocol is when it comes it gun shops securing weapons during non business hours but the ones at Nrange obviously were not secure enough.  I do know of some shops that put everything in a safe at night.  I know that could be a lot of work but if I were in their shoes I think that I would just consider that a part of the price of doing business.

• Like 1

One of the things that bothers me about this is the lack of effort/oversight concerning the precautions that Nrange didn't take to prevent this from happening. I know most of you have not seen the store but most of the front of the shop is large plate glass windows. The windows don't have any bars on them or anything else to prevent entry in the event that the window is broken. There are also not any pylons of anything else to prevent a vehicle from being rammed into the window. I'm not sure what protocol is when it comes it gun shops securing weapons during non business hours but the ones at Nrange obviously were not secure enough. I do know of some shops that put everything in a safe at night. I know that could be a lot of work but if I were in their shoes I think that I would just consider that a part of the price of doing business.

I agree. If you recall, this has happened at both of their locations in recent months. I'm surprised gun shops aren't required to have better security.

One of the things that bothers me about this is the lack of effort/oversight concerning the precautions that Nrange didn't take to prevent this from happening.  I know most of you have not seen the store but most of the front of the shop is large plate glass windows.  The windows don't have any bars on them or anything else to prevent entry in the event that the window is broken.  There are also not any pylons of anything else to prevent a vehicle from being rammed into the window.  I'm not sure what protocol is when it comes it gun shops securing weapons during non business hours but the ones at Nrange obviously were not secure enough.  I do know of some shops that put everything in a safe at night.  I know that could be a lot of work but if I were in their shoes I think that I would just consider that a part of the price of doing business.

GnL Hendersonville has bars on the windows and doors. It still happened to them. http://wkrn.com/2015/11/16/firearms-stolen-from-hendersonville-gun-store/ . Bars on the doors/windows will keep a human out, but usually not a car/truck. Pylons would help. I haven't been up to GnL lately so I don't know if Dennis had some installed afterwards or not.

GnL Hendersonville has bars on the windows and doors. It still happened to them. http://wkrn.com/2015/11/16/firearms-stolen-from-hendersonville-gun-store/ . Bars on the doors/windows will keep a human out, but usually not a car/truck. Pylons would help. I haven't been up to GnL lately so I don't know if Dennis had some installed afterwards or not.

Yeah, bars on the windows aren't going to stop today's thugs. Hell, I guess there's probably never enough security these days. Before we know it, these scumbags will start stealing dump trucks and driving them through the building.

Yeah, bars on the windows aren't going to stop today's thugs. Hell, I guess there's probably never enough security these days. Before we know it, these scumbags will start stealing dump trucks and driving them through the building.

Armed night watch or half dozen Rottweiler's may do the trick.  Heck a few 220 volt wires around the gun cases may deter them a bit.

• Like 1

Heard they caught on of the thugs last night, no doubt he will rat on the others, thugs and scumbags have no loyalty, which is a good thing.

Build a bunker on the back wall and have a night guard armed with a full auto AR, as soon as they enter clean house, send them out in bags.

I know no one will do that but it would be the almost sure way to deter smash and grabs.

Common sense security won't come from govt. regulation... it will be driven by the insurance company. If your premium goes down because you build a row of bollards, or other features to prevent the crash and grab stores will make the decision based on economics.

Now why the store didn't make changes to prevent this, I don't know. I would look at my store with the eye of a criminal and ask how would I break in. Then do what I could to reduce the risk. The trick is to make the risk to high for the reward.