TN 25th most heavily armed state?

Sam1

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most-heavily-armed-states-in-america/26/?ftag=ACQ812ebde

Think their count is just a bit off.  States:

Tennessee comes in at number 25, with 11.3 guns for every 1,000 residents. That's 73,320 registered firearms among 6,495,978 people.

I'd say there's what 2500 members here?  We probably have 1/3 of that count alone lol

• Like 3

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most-heavily-armed-states-in-america/26/?ftag=ACQ812ebde

Think their count is just a bit off.  States:

Tennessee comes in at number 25, with 11.3 guns for every 1,000 residents. That's 73,320 registered firearms among 6,495,978 people.

I'd say there's what 2500 members here?  We probably have 1/3 of that count alone lol

Where do they come up with this registered firearm crap?

• Like 4

I went back to the beginning of the slide show and titled methodology as to how they came up with the numbers.  If I read it correctly these numbers are based on NFA firearms only.

As America reels from yet another mass shooting, inevitable questions resurface about guns laws and the nation's pervasive firearm culture. Here is a look at per capita weapons data, based on the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and 2013 data from the U.S. Census.

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use.
While this list is lengthy, it does not include categories like pistols, which make up a large percentage of the guns in the U.S. As such, the total numbers of guns in each state would actually be much higher than the figures here. This gallery is a but a snapshot of some of the broader trends.

We're just shy of 25,000 members.  I expect we've got that number beat a couple of times over.

Nonetheless, I hope to do my part to move us up in the rankings this year :)

In that case, I would expect that all 73,000 firearms counted for the poll belong to people on this site.  Not including the other 30,000,000 in the state.

• Admin Team

In that case, I would expect that all 73,000 firearms counted for the poll belong to people on this site.  Not including the other 30,000,000 in the state.

I don't know, Sam.  Remember the Christmas Party last year when we all took that river cruise and it sunk?  We sure lost a lot of guns that day...

• Like 5

So if they are just counting NFA weapons in states like Tennessee that are registered with the feds, they must be counting ALL firearms in states like New Jersey where all firearms are registered with the state so to speak. You know, that FOID card they have to have. I call BS on their survey.

So if they are just counting NFA weapons in states like Tennessee that are registered with the feds, they must be counting ALL firearms in states like New Jersey where all firearms are registered with the state so to speak. You know, that FOID card they have to have. I call BS on their survey.

My guess their counting LE weapons, there's a lot of DD in all states