Tennessee's powerball winners

xsubsailor

One of the downsides in winning big in the TN Lottery is your loss of annominity which in turn makes you easily identified by the unscruplous or criminal elements. Willingly going after television face time on the front side of a proper notification is not the most prudent of things to be doing. But to each their own because you can't expect them to act any way other then what their own nature or recomendations of others.

I think it's very stupid. The Attorney should know better. Oh well, not me so do what you want.

I agree but it's not really an option in Tennessee or the 2 other states that had winners.  Maybe not go on national TV but your Identity will be compromised.  I do think if it were me I had won that kind of money I could make myself fairly hard to find if I wanted to.

Can the winner of a large Lottery prize remain anonymous?   It is the policy of the Tennessee Lottery to treat such information as a public record. The Lottery will therefore disclose the name, home state and home town of winners if a request is received for such information.

I agree but it's not really an option in Tennessee or the 2 other states that had winners. Maybe not go on national TV but your Identity will be compromised. I do think if it were me I had won that kind of money I could make myself fairly hard to find if I wanted to.
Can the winner of a large Lottery prize remain anonymous? It is the policy of the Tennessee Lottery to treat such information as a public record. The Lottery will therefore disclose the name, home state and home town of winners if a request is received for such information.

You can start a Blind Trust and have the lawyer/CPA as the trustee collect the prize on its behalf - theyll get some info to disclose with the name of the Trust and the lawyer holding the big check.

Their lawyer failed them or theyre liars. I cannot fathom the circumstances in which an estates lawyer tells someone to go on NATIONAL TV to announce it...that is all ego right there.

Dumb bastards will lose their money very very soon with that ideal - especially in a small town in TN; I am sure the scum of the earth is already inbound

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

You can start a Blind Trust and have the lawyer/CPA as the trustee collect the prize on its behalf - theyll get some info to disclose with the name of the Trust and the lawyer holding the big check.

Their lawyer failed them or theyre liars. I cannot fathom the circumstances in which an estates lawyer tells someone to go on NATIONAL TV to announce it...that is all ego right there.

Dumb bastards will lose their money very very soon with that ideal - especially in a small town in TN; I am sure the scum of the earth is already inbound

This is what I thought.

I agree but it's not really an option in Tennessee or the 2 other states that had winners.  Maybe not go on national TV but your Identity will be compromised.  I do think if it were me I had won that kind of money I could make myself fairly hard to find if I wanted to.

Can the winner of a large Lottery prize remain anonymous?   It is the policy of the Tennessee Lottery to treat such information as a public record. The Lottery will therefore disclose the name, home state and home town of winners if a request is received for such information.

Let's say you can't set up a blind trust and have an attorney collect your check I still would not go on National TV and broadcast who I was.

There are a few states that do not allow lottery winnings be paid to a blind trust, I'm almost positive Tennessee is NOT one of them.  If I won a large sum like this, that ticket would go into a safe deposit box and due diligence would begin before anyone and I mean anyone would know about it.  I would probably use at least 9 - 10 of the 12 months allowed to claim the prize to arrange a disappearance.

Let's say you can't set up a blind trust and have an attorney collect your check I still would not go on National TV and broadcast who I was.

No, I can't say I'd do that either and its a certainty your going to either have to relocate to a more secure home or a more secure community and home. There's a bit of a curse to coming into a large lottery winning or being born into a family of large substantive means which fails to raise you to put others first.

No.  No we didn't.

Precisely, I could care less who won the money, I've never even bought a TN lottery ticket. If you win then good for you, just don't rub it in my face and expect me to feel sorry for you when someone either fleeces you out of the money or you spend it all away. 

I think it speaks to their ego and arrogance in a way.

I could give a rats ass who won and I wouldnt be jumping up and down announcing it like an ass.

Trust it up. And set up a seperate LLC in which to quietly send paypal gifts and checks to people I like while remaining anonymois

You get six months to claim the prize.  I'd wait at least three months for all the hoopla to die down and go into every room or meeting flanked by my new top notch tax and legal team.  Before that, I'd do everything I could to eliminate my presence anywhere online, though that would only go so far. 

The money would have a secure account at a top notch bank waiting for it to go into.  And if I couldn't claim the prize through a trust, I'd be less talkative than Bill Belichick when asked any questions by the media.

I sure as hell wouldn't be on TV announcing myself to the world before I figured out what my plan with it all was.

You get six months to claim the prize. I'd wait at least three months for all the hoopla to die down and go into every room or meeting flanked by my new top notch tax and legal team. Before that, I'd do everything I could to eliminate my presence anywhere online, though that would only go so far.

The money would have a secure account at a top notch bank waiting for it to go into. And if I couldn't claim the prize through a trust, I'd be less talkative than Bill Belichick when asked any questions by the media.

I sure as hell wouldn't be on TV announcing myself to the world before I figured out what my plan with it all was.

THIS! Plus, even if you have to announce yourself, they can't force you to dress a certain way. There was a guy who won around $60 million one time and he had them pay it to a breast cancer charity. He was already rich and his wife died of cancer. When he came in for the mandatory photo op he was dressed in a black tee, black leather coat, black hat and sunglasses. I thought it was brilliant. He didn't smile or anything.
I wager their "fortune" wont last the decade.

First itll be family and friends taking them to the cleaners.
Then neighbors
Charities and GoFundMes
People writing in letters begging for money for Fido or Lucy
Scammers and con artists
The IRS

Not to mention if they sucuumb to pure stupidity and go buy some mansion and fancy cars and get murderlated by taxes and insurance.

Great to be an American, huh?

No way they'll be able to stay in that typical suburban house...they'll need acreage if they want to step out into the yard and they'll need fence/gates/security to keep the crazies off of their front porch. The fact that they don't realize this is a testament to their naivety and lack of competent counsel.

Edit:  Actually, without knowing the whole story, it could be unfair to call their counsel incompetent...he may have been pleading with them not to go public but they insisted on their 15 minutes of fame and were going to do it with or without him,  

Edited by i1afli

You know what sounds really intriguing to me?  That last few months of work some of you talk about.  I don't think I could bring myself to do it.  I'd be calling in from a beach somewhere within 48 hours with a line like "Hey remember me?  I used to work for you back when I was poor."  Then I'd buy the company and fire everyone that had ever made my life difficult there.  Then again it would be kind of fun to just do whatever I wanted at work for 3 or 4 month and not really care what happened.  Nah, I'd take the money and run and hire a bunch of armed guards to follow me around, Bloomberg style. 

There is a "click bait" ad going around Facebook saying that the winners are giving away money if they "like and share". It amazes me how stupid people are. I don't know why I let it bother me. I was even reading some of the comments on different news stories about the winners and people are begging for money and putting up their sob stories.

Rediculous.
1fea06f4d3346661ae0d736f7faf8750.jpg