25% confiscated

A.J. Holst

As much as I disliked a term that Ronald Reagan used during his presidency, I understood it later. " Trickle down economics ". It really put a knot in my pantyhose  at the time but once I got over my democratic ways I understood.

Edited by Ray Z
  • Like 3

You should be self employed. It's even worse.

Been there, paid that...

And since the FairTax is not progessive for upper income and regressive for lower income (according to Forbes and others) let's simply stick with the system we have which requires an army of tax lawyers to make sure you are not breaking the law.

70,000 pages

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/look-at-how-many-pages-are-in-the-federal-tax-code/article/2563032

And a counterpoint from a tax attorney who says the current tax code is ONLY 2600 pages

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/04/how_long_is_the_tax_code_it_is_far_shorter_than_70_000_pages.html Edited by Gotthegoods
  • Like 1

It could be and likely as not soon will be worse...much worse...should you question this look at Canada. Now look at the number of State Income Taxes in our country...I have enough friends who own small businesses they are getting out of as rapidly as possible to see how bad it is on them.

• Like 1

Retirees you are welcome what I pay in SSI, but you earned it.  You people on the teet of the government, that can work, but won't work, get a job. 

I had very high blood pressure moment the other day at Walmart, two ladies who in front of me had 2 buggies each as full as you can get them, pulled the patriotic plastic to pay, the cashier says you owe $100 something in the balance (total bill was like $300 something).  She opens a wallet, and hundreds and hundreds of dollars, and paid the rest.   Geeze................. 

I wanted to say you are welcome! 

Edited by runco
  • Like 1

Retirees you arer welcome what I pay in SSI, but you earned it.  You people on the teet of the government, that can work, but won't work, get a job. 

I had very high blood pressure moment the other day at Walmart, two ladies who in front of me had 2 buggies each as full as you can get them, pulled the patriotic plastic to pay, the cashier says you owe $100 something in the balance (total bill was like $300 something).  She opens a wallet, and hundreds and hundreds of dollars, and paid the rest.   Geeze................. 

I've seen the same damn thing happen.

• Like 1

Retirees you arer welcome what I pay in SSI, but you earned it. You people on the teet of the government, that can work, but won't work, get a job.

I had very high blood pressure moment the other day at Walmart, two ladies who in front of me had 2 buggies each as full as you can get them, pulled the patriotic plastic to pay, the cashier says you owe $100 something in the balance (total bill was like $300 something). She opens a wallet, and hundreds and hundreds of dollars, and paid the rest. Geeze.................

i do n did any time I'm in line behind them....

Have 14 kids and get a government job...or no job at all. Then you can make a comfortable living and not pay your ridiculously high taxes.
It works for almost all the inner city ghetto trash.

You're equating someone who has a government job to a welfare recipient?

• Authorized Vendor

Have 14 kids and get a government job...or no job at all. Then you can make a comfortable living and not pay your ridiculously high taxes.
It works for almost all the inner city ghetto trash.

Don't forget as an added bonus at tax time they get money back...lots of money...your money cause it wasn't the money they paid in.124.gif

I have always said give me 3 weeks and I can get rid of the taxation without representation. All I need is for all the employers to do is have the cash on hand come payday and say here is your $500 oh wait we need $140 for federal tax and $85 for fica etc. and when people actually see the money almost get to their hand and have it taken back there would be a revolution. The reason for 3 weeks is some people get paid every 2 weeks or twice a month. As you probably know the Federal income tax was never intended to tax the worker, it was to tax a business on the profit they made. We as workers don't make a profit at work, we trade our precious time for dollars and as such it isn't a profit. I begrudge every single dollar they have stolen from me, but the reason is they hand it over to a bunch of lazy bums here and abroad that danged sure don't deserve it. I have no problem giving it to older people or anyone that can't physically or mentally work. Rant over for now.

I have always said give me 3 weeks and I can get rid of the taxation without representation. All I need is for all the employers to do is have the cash on hand come payday and say here is your $500 oh wait we need $140 for federal tax and $85 for fica etc. and when people actually see the money almost get to their hand and have it taken back there would be a revolution. The reason for 3 weeks is some people get paid every 2 weeks or twice a month. As you probably know the Federal income tax was never intended to tax the worker, it was to tax a business on the profit they made. We as workers don't make a profit at work, we trade our precious time for dollars and as such it isn't a profit. I begrudge every single dollar they have stolen from me, but the reason is they hand it over to a bunch of lazy bums here and abroad that danged sure don't deserve it. I have no problem giving it to older people or anyone that can't physically or mentally work. Rant over for now.

Better way.  Stop taking taxes out of people's paychecks completely.  Anyone who has to pay quarterly tax payment will tell you how hard that is.  Well you are at it make sure people have to write a separate check for SSI and Medicare.  Let the average middle class America get all their money then they have to write out a check to pay uncle sam.  Want to see a tax revolt do that it won't take long before people are at the statehouse, congress, & the Whitehouse with pitchforks and ready to tar a feature a few politicians.

Thanks

Robert

Better way. Stop taking taxes out of people's paychecks completely. Anyone who has to pay quarterly tax payment will tell you how hard that is. Well you are at it make sure people have to write a separate check for SSI and Medicare. Let the average middle class America get all their money then they have to write out a check to pay uncle sam. Want to see a tax revolt do that it won't take long before people are at the statehouse, congress, & the Whitehouse with pitchforks and ready to tar a feature a few politicians.

Thanks
Robert

Exactly!

No more automatic deductions. Make people pay it all at once and it would not last long at all. But convenience leads to complacency.

Sounds like someone who really appreciates civil service. And don't forget, military service is a "government job".

Well you can include me in that boat as well.  Being retired military, I get paid by tax money, some of what I paid in while active, and some of what I am still paying into it.  And yes, I do appreciate civil service; military, police, firefighters etc.  At least they are providing a service for their paychecks, and many doing jobs many are unwilling to do.  I may not be in that 1% that has all the money, but am in a 1% club none-the-less.