Concealed Carry Badge = DHS Agent

CommsNBombs

http://clarksvillenow.com/local/cpd-detective-catches-man-impersonating-an-officer-in-golden-corral-edit/

Reppin' the hometown this fine individual thought he was going to get a free drink by flashing his badge.

As karma would have it one our resident CPD detectives was there and overheard him, and bagged him for impersonating an officer.

I know we usually rag on guys/gals with their HCP "badges" but this was STUPID...granted he IS from Kentucky lol.

The news article was written as if the badge was a common item...play stupid games win stupid prizes

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

I thought impersonating a federal agent was a felony......

I guess a free drink didn't met the requirements for felony prosecution haha

Probably impersonated a TN DHS agent, silly acronyms should have to be original.

Edited by Omega
  • Like 1

I thought impersonating a federal agent was a felony......

I guess a free drink didn't met the requirements for felony prosecution haha

It is under Federal law, but it’s a misdemeanor under state law; I doubt the state will turn this over to the Feds. I also doubt much will happen to him since accepting free drinks is probably against a CPD Department policy. Might cost him his job though.
A badge denotes authority and some sort of jurisdiction. Way too many HCP holders think the permit makes them into some sort of LEO and public guardian. As HCP holders they are still private citizens and have no authority except to defend themselves and their family members. With all of the "Sheep Dog" talk going around, it is important to remember that neither a gun nor a big diesel pickup changes the size of your natural equipment. You are just a private citizen. Edited by wjh2657
  • Like 1
Looks the same as BassPro's badge.

From the BP website:: "The Personal Security Products® Concealed Carry Badge and Wallet helps to quickly identify CCW permit holders at a scene in the first few critical moments after a confrontation. The law enforcement quality badge comes with a durable high luster finish and a strong clip attachment on the back. The badge attaches to inside of wallet that has a window for your CCW permit or ID. This wallet and concealed carry badge identifies user safely during intense moments where mistaken identity can be fatal"

Maybe it saved his life in this instance?

Tard

I was added to one of those Sheep Dog Facebook groups by someone else.  I stayed because it's entertaining.  They have meet ups and training days, which are probably reminiscent in the current "Tacticold" thread.  The truth is that they are a bunch of under trained, over weight wanna be operators.  That said I think that what they are doing has some merit.  I would say that 3/4 of them would be dangerous to be around were they in possession of a firearm.  That same 3/4 is probably going to run their mouth in a way that is going to attract unwanted or at least unhelpful attention.  I could get behind a revolution but not one led by idiots.