Crap. Now I need to get fit.

NO! I have to call the county 4 or 5 times a year because people keep stealing the damn things! :D

Congrats on your draw, I hope you have a successful hunt!

I used to live on Tom Petty Road. The county finally changed the name of the road but only after replacing the sign about 20 times.  The current street sign has been there 20 plus years.

I'm actually taking my .308 savage Hog Hunter.
The unit is fairly well wooded & I wouldn't expect a shot beyond 300yds.
I considered my .280 Ackley, but it's too long & heavy to be anything but a pain inna bum climbing up the mountains. 10½lb with a 28" barrel is great for plains & canyon shooting, but in the hills I'll happily sacrifice velocity for ease of carriage!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Congratulations, robtattoo!  I hope you get a nice one.

A gentleman we hay for took an elk just north of there this year, but lost it to a bear. 

Sucks to lose the elk but I'd bet that makes for a heck of a story for him to tell.  Of course, the story would be even better if it could end with, "And that's how I got this bearskin rug."

Congratulations, robtattoo! I hope you get a nice one.

Sucks to lose the elk but I'd bet that makes for a heck of a story for him to tell. Of course, the story would be even better if it could end with, "And that's how I got this bearskin rug."

They were scared to end the story that way, the bear had a gps tracking collar on. According to the game warden they reported the incident to, they should've shot it anyway.