What to do with old iPhones?

TerryW

Wipe them clean and then fill them with technical info.  Manuals, load data, schematics ANYTHING you know you cannot remember but would be invaluable WTSHTF.  Then buy a cheap solar charger...actually, buy two or three cheap solar chargers.  

• Like 6

Wipe them clean and then fill them with technical info.  Manuals, load data, schematics ANYTHING you know you cannot remember but would be invaluable WTSHTF.  Then buy a cheap solar charger...actually, buy two or three cheap solar chargers.  

I need to do this with my old iphone.  Been thinking about it, just haven't done it.

There are numerous places online to find PDF file military manuals.  Also consider the CD's sold at most gun shows.  I haven't looked but Imagine someone somewhere offers PDF files for automotive repair manuals.  The repair manuals for any mechanical thing you have would be the very valuable.  Also consider plant identification with color photos.  

• Like 1

Yup. Shoot em.
20150711_103715_zpsyyrnmcja.jpg

20150711_103603_zpsxu4ngy66.jpg

FB_IMG_1442256436150_zpsned1bnr1.jpg

FB_IMG_1442256446961_zpsxv4f3yrt.jpg

FB_IMG_1442256457334_zpsycjxkiq1.jpg

20150509_113820_zpsvozfrfw8.jpg

My neighbor, the IT professional, diagnosing a problem with a laptop.
20150509_113427_zpsdnzarfnh.jpg

Wifey punishing a toaster.
20150509_111727_zps0fdmvf4j.jpg

What's left of said toaster after I fed it 13rds of 00buck in about 10 seconds.
20150509_112453_zpsw4peq2oj.jpg

Being the main shooter and fun documenter, I rarely get pics of me shootin stuff... this is the best I've gotten so far.
20150711_104427_zpspj1yktks.jpg

Anyways, all of that is to say... shooting stuff is SO much fun! I have neighbors and friends from church give me their old computers, phones, printers, etc. Way better than paper targets!

• Like 1

My step son works for t mobile and he said most carriers will buy them from you. You might be able to squeeze a new magazine and a 50 round box of your favorite range ammo out of them.

I've always sold my old phones on eBay. Usually get enough out of the old one to pay for the new one when we renew the contract. 

If you're going to toss them, toss them in my direction.

That's not nearly as much fun as shooting them, but yes, throwing guitars can be satisfying, too. Flung a V one time... that was cool. It really WAS a flying V for about 4 seconds. Then it wasn't.
I wiped my old ones, then let my kids use them as IPOds. Perfect for loading tons of music onto as they can still be used with wifi. On a cheap 8 gig iphone 4 I got almost 900 songs loaded onto it. I also use an old one to travel with as a cheap camera and add a few map and translation apps on it.