BLM Protester Run Over by Car!

Fitty%

BLM protester, Church beggar or jogger, they all need to stay out of the road where they are not supposed to be.  This guy was just asking for it, dark clothing, in the middle of the road accross from a bunch of people that are actively trying to get the attention of drivers. Anytime there are bicycles,  pedestrians or pulled over vehicles, the natural tendency is to give them a wide berth. what else did they think was going to happen?  

The shooting, well yea, with all the reteric on both sides it's no wonder it happened.

I watched this yesterday and have read numerous comments in reference to it elsewhere. I agree the BLM protesters who shot at the car should have been prosecuted I also believe the protester who was standing in the road should be charged. This video should have had a lot more media play and reporting then it's had. Good comments and assessments.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, TNWNGR said:

I watched this yesterday and have read numerous comments in reference to it elsewhere. I agree the BLM protesters who shot at the car should have been prosecuted I also believe the protester who was standing in the road should be charged. This video should have had a lot more media play and reporting then it's had. Good comments and assessments.

Thanks...and your right about the coverage!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, nightrunner said:

I should probably keep my comments on this to myself.

All I will say is this country is getting closer to the tipping point every single day. It won't be pretty for anyone when we fall over the edge.

Apparently when you exercise certain rights, you are exempt from laws and common sense.

It seems we focus on rights and lose sight of freedom

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, nightrunner said:

I should probably keep my comments on this to myself.

All I will say is this country is getting closer to the tipping point every single day. It won't be pretty for anyone when we fall over the edge.

I'm not. One down....

I try to maintain a cool head in seeing some of these protest, counter protest, or whatever. But I must say this video physically sickens me.

First the person getting hit. I've seen and heard that first hand. It's not pretty.

Secondly, the crowd reaction was abominable. Expected in the high temper situations we see nowadays, but still nonetheless way out of control.

Thirdly, the shooting at the lady who came back to help(?). That was uncalled for and totally evil. An action born of pure hatred and a quest for revenge.

I won't pretend to say I understand all that has gone on within the African-American community, for I don't. All I do know is that the political machinations of the last 10-20 years have created a divide within this country and all its people that we may not recover from. I pray that is not the case.

But back on point, this is the first I've heard of this incident, and I sort of live on the internet and news sites lately. Maybe the wrong ones, but all new to me.

I am undeniably heartened by your analysis and observations on the incident. Yes I know this makes me sound like...well a racist. And how I hate that word. 

It has divided more people lately than the presidential race.

I grew up in a rural area that was a hard core, traditional, old school democratic, and in a family that was the same. I won't lie to you or anyone else that I didn't get raised in an environment that used some pretty strong language against "people of color", (and that's another phrase I'm not happy with.) or have some attitudes that I've had to work hard to overcome. I believe I have.

But I grew out of that, and have been totally dismayed by all the hatred that has been reborn recently.

I don't have an answer, and probably shouldn't even comment on all this. But I'm so very happy to see people try and overcome the impulse reactions to violence against one another. Yes I know the video didn't show that.

But reactions here do. And I have a little hope.

• Like 2

Two things:

1.  What in Hades does standing in the middle of the road, blocking the flow of legal traffic and impeding people who are just trying to get to their destination have to do with a perceived notion that cops are more likely to shoot a person of a particular demographic?  If that is their claim, shouldn't they be protesting at police stations, instead?

2.  How stupid does someone have to be to stand in the middle of the road or to be part of a group of which some members are standing in the middle of the road and then act all shocked and surprised when the idiot standing in the road gets run down?  I mean, that is kind of like protesting NASA by standing under a rocket as it is being launched and then having one's fellow protestors act all surprised and shocked when the idiot's stupid ascetabulum gets burned to a crisp.  Of course, they'd probably release statements blaming the space agency and not the protester's own, moronic behavior because taking responsibility for their own actions and realizing that those actions have consequences doesn't fit into their playbook.  There are such things as 'natural consequences' and there is such a thing as 'he was asking for it.'  I have no pit or empathy for the idiot who got plowed by the car.  None, whatsoever.  I do have empathy for the driver as this will probably cause emotional and mental distress for her for some times to come - not to mention that the jackhole protester and/or his family will probably sue her for having the audacity to drive on a legal, public thoroughfare. 

Edited by JAB
5 minutes ago, McGarrett said:

I was fortunate to have parents who taught me not to stand in the middle of the road.

Although when I was a kid if there was a kid who was being particularly annoying someone might sarcastically say, "Why don't you go play in traffic?"  Of course, the kid generally had enough sense to realize that this was sarcasm as well as enough intelligence not to actually do so.

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Gotthegoods said:

Apparently when you exercise certain rights, you are exempt from laws and common sense.

It seems we focus on rights and lose sight of freedom

The real problem is that some folks believe that their 'rights' have no limits.  Is there a Constitutional right to free speech?  Of course - but I don't think that the natural progression of that right grows into a right to stand in the middle of the road and block traffic.  Further, an individual's rights are limited where they begin to infringe on the rights of others.  I believe that people have a right not to have their lives or property endangered by, for instance, some idiots who haven't got the sense to get the heck out of the road and who are, therefore, endangering lives and property by intentionally and unnecessarily creating traffic hazards.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 4
22 hours ago, hipower said:

I am undeniably heartened by your analysis and observations on the incident. Yes I know this makes me sound like...well a racist. And how I hate that word. 

I don't get what makes you sound like a racist?

3 minutes ago, Fitty%TACTICAL said:

You got to take on a lot more stupid, and a heavy progressive agenda. Then, everybody without an Obama bumper sticker is racist. It's the Democrats' favorite word, pretty much thrown at all non-Democrats. 

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Fitty%TACTICAL said:

Sometimes I feel that I have to tippy-toe around with my words. These days the slightest little thing will set some people off. And I have been told that I am by several people, not here, because I may have sounded unsympathetic to the BLM movement.

But mostly from the people on Facebook. I just love to torment them with my unabashed foul comments.

Actually was told I was racist because I didn't vote for Barack there, and then found it was one of my less conservative neighbors who had said it. lol

I love my neighborhood. lol

• Like 3
3 hours ago, hipower said:

Sometimes I feel that I have to tippy-toe around with my words. These days the slightest little thing will set some people off. And I have been told that I am by several people, not here, because I may have sounded unsympathetic to the BLM movement.

But mostly from the people on Facebook. I just love to torment them with my unabashed foul comments.

Actually was told I was racist because I didn't vote for Barack there, and then found it was one of my less conservative neighbors who had said it. lol

I love my neighborhood. lol

Gotcha

• Like 1

I hope video taken by BLM is used to put the shooters in prison.

Did the test dummy get destroyed? Because I know a real person would not stand in traffic like that and then be surprised they got ran over? Had to be a test dummy.

• Like 1