Now here's something interesting!

gregintenn

I wonder how much trouble it would be in reloading that cartridge ? I guess we'd have to wait for dies to be made . Looks like the case would need to be trimmed over time too. Kinda far from the .45ACP and 9mm that I reload now .

Edited by tercel89

Now that is something interesting, a re-evaluation of the 7.62 X 25 Tokarev steroided & ballistically enhanced.. I'm not surprised.Nifty round, would enjoy shooting it ! Sure would be neat if it was available @ reasonable cost .Thanks for the Heads Up !

7 minutes ago, bucnball said:

Now that is something interesting, a re-evaluation of the 7.62 X 25 Tokarev steroided & ballistically enhanced.. I'm not surprised.

That's what I was thinking.  I recall Dolomite doing some very interesting things with the 7.62 x 25 mm round.

Like I already said...this isn't the wheel.

3 hours ago, Garufa said:

That's what I was thinking.  I recall Dolomite doing some very interesting things with the 7.62 x 25 mm round.

Like I already said...this isn't the wheel.

I'm not as interested in the cartridge as I am the handgun. I wish the 7.62x25 would become more popular. I really like that cartridge, even though all I have to shoot it in is a CZ52, which is anything but impressive.

Edited by gregintenn

I would hope it IS mostly steel.  The info shows it to have more energy than the 10mm.  I would hope it's a tough, hefty gun that can absorb some of that before sending it into the shooter's wrist, and also be durable enough to take the frame batttering it's sure to receive. 

I think it's a beautiful gun.  :-)

1 hour ago, musicman said:

I would hope it IS mostly steel.  The info shows it to have more energy than the 10mm.  I would hope it's a tough, hefty gun that can absorb some of that before sending it into the shooter's wrist, and also be durable enough to take the frame batttering it's sure to receive. 

I think it's a beautiful gun.  :-)

Pure speculation, but I'm betting all that mass under the dust cover is some sort of hydro-pneumatic recoil buffering system.

1 hour ago, dcloudy777 said:

Pure speculation, but I'm betting all that mass under the dust cover is some sort of hydro-pneumatic recoil buffering system.

Can't really tell from this schematic if there is anything other than a single coil recoil spring.  The part that is obvious is the increase in distance between the recoil axis and the center of mass axis.  I guess if there are any physics geeks or anyone versed in Engineering Statics they are more than welcome to weigh in on this.  Looks to me like all they've done is reduce the amount the barrel flips up from recoil and then again I may not have a clue what I'm talking about!

This diagram taken from their website appears to represent a standard 1911 design Fig. 3-a thru 3-c vs. the  FK BRNO design below.

75-FK-Recoil-System.jpg