IF you could get a Gen 4 Glock at a DEAL...

Steelharp

• Administrator

30SF.   The 26/27 just don't do anything right, in my opinion.  The slide is too fat to be a pocket gun, but the grip is too short to be a primary gun.

The 30SF is longer in the grip to make it feel a bit more like a 19/23 and ... well... it's a 45ACP.  That's God's Chosen Caliber.

• Like 2

Both are very comfortable to shoot and the 30sf is the more practical choice but the G-26 gets my vote. Why is quite simple, it's very comfortable to shoot and 9mmP is more economical. It can also use G-19/17/18 magazines and with a replacement magazine base is more comfortable in my hands. In saying all of this I point out the G-19 is my favorite of the Glock lineup and the G-26 with it's 9mmP cartridge is more comfortable to shoot then its G-27 cousin.  

I got both and they are easy to shoot and carry. But I carry the G23. It comes down to the ammo. What do you have gun wise now, 45 acp or 9 mm. I would go with what you have to keep the ammo simple.

I have a 17, 19, 21 and 36. So the ammo is a toss up. (I HATE .40.)

• Like 1

I have a 17, 19, 21 and 36. So the ammo is a toss up. (I HATE .40.)

Get a G24. That will change your mind about the 40.

As far as your orginal question, I'd probably get the 30SF, because a) I don't have one and b) I'm pretty well covered with 9mm pistols.

Sure you can't get both and sell me the G30SF at that cheap price?

The 30S. Because I had one for 8 or 9 years, loved it and sold it like a dummy to buy another glock. I wish I had it back, but can't afford one now.

Besides. We all know real mean carry .45's.....Right?  LOL.  :popcorn:

Edited by Randall53

I had to make the EXACT same decision. I chose the 26 because it would be smaller, lighter, cheaper to shoot and less recoil for faster follow up shots. That being said, still WANT a 30...  If you would like, I'll buy the 30 for the screaming good deal and then you won't have to decide :rofl:

Edited by Rhodewarrior

The 30S. Because I had one for 8 or 9 years, loved it and sold it like a dummy to buy another glock. I wish I had it back, but can't afford one now.

Besides. We all know real mean carry .45's.....Right?  LOL.  :popcorn:

You had a 30S for 8 or 9 years? Interesting since they have only been made for about 2 yrs. :squint:

30SF.   The 26/27 just don't do anything right, in my opinion.  The slide is too fat to be a pocket gun, but the grip is too short to be a primary gun.

The 30SF is longer in the grip to make it feel a bit more like a 19/23 and ... well... it's a 45ACP.  That's God's Chosen Caliber.

There are 4 Glock 30's, and it's kinda confusing. Three are Gen 3. Starting with them,  there is the plain G30, with the original frame and slide, the G30SF, with the short frame and the original slide, and the 30S with the short frame and a G36 slide (thinner and lighter). Then there's the Gen 4 G30. Never been close to one of them.

I own a G36 and a 30s. I love the 30S. Once again, I got some of this from the Glock web site, so I could be full of ####.

Edited by mikegideon
I had the same choice and chose the 26. It was a gen3 and I just liked it better. I can pocket carry it in the right pants, but I am a little larger than most. Also being larger means it's harder to carry IWB so the shorter grip helps. In the end I think there is very little size difference in the two, so get both!

26 all the way.  You can pocket carry it with the right pants and a good kydex holster.  IMHO, a square print isn't really a print.  Especially with so many people carrying large phones in their pockets these days.  I'm sure the 30S is nice, but it would be hard for it to knock out my Gen4 19 as my "go to" for IWB.  

Edited by JReedEsq

It depends on which caliber you're set up for (the most) and MOST importantly, which you are more accurate with.  

I despise the .45 nowadays because every one I've ever had, we just can't get along.  My 9x19's and I shoot well together.  

You, on the other hand, may be totally opposite.  

Caliber will NEVER make up for placement and you know that.  

I would take the 9mm any day.  ....unless I got such a good deal that I could sell the 45 for a tidy profit.  

....then again, does it really matter?  You know you'll probably sell it in 6 months like most of the others you've had. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Now Caster buddy. that's just an awful thing to say about our dear brother, Steelharp.

It may be true...but it's still awful to say it. :stir: