Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Legion

Democrats to Introduce Bill Expanding Background Checks on Gun Sales

Recommended Posts

Lot of interesting views on this gun stuff: too many guns, not enough guns, make it easier to get guns, make it harder to get guns, spend more money to lobby politicians (both sides), vote gun haters out of office, vote gun lovers out of office, too many laws, not enough laws. 

I wonder if ever be a solution to reduce gun violence / incidents or away to keep guns out of bad guys hands, that be criminals, mental cases, mean people or those about to be criminals, mental cases, or mean people, or people with no training in use of guns, no knowledge of Laws of Self Defense. 

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 3:46 PM, SWJewellTN said:

 

Polls I've seen posted.

Polls usually reflect the views of the pollster, which are Liberally biased. How many times have you, or someone you know been involved in these polls. I've never had one call.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Polls usually reflect the views of the pollster, which are Liberally biased. How many times have you, or someone you know been involved in these polls. I've never had one call.

I had the same trouble after Obama was elected . I've still never met anyone who voted for him, once or twice:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I had the same trouble after Obama was elected . I've still never met anyone who voted for him, once or twice:)

I don't believe even Oprah would admit to voting for him these days. I even wonder if she voted for him the second time. I do know several that voted for him the first time but not the second time. They realized the mistake they made the first time and didn't make it twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 7:50 AM, TGO David said:

Guys, we need to fight this with every ounce of energy that we have.  The time for letting the NRA, GOA, 2AF, and everyone else fight for our rights is long past. 

I agree.  A similar bill has been introduced in Tennessee (SB 1010/HB 1427) - i.e., requiring all firearm transfers to go through FFL and involve a background check.  

 

Mailed letters yesterday to my state senator and state representative urging them to oppose it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

 I don't think there can be a law written that will prevent criminals from getting guns. When laws are written and passed the only people that they effect are the people that legally own a gun and abide by all the laws written and passed. We all hear about many times a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun from doing a lot more killing then they would had the good guy not been there and reacted accordingly to stop the bad guy. Everytime this takes place the police call the man a hero for stepping in and stopping the bad guy. Those are the kind of stories the liberals don't want people to hear about because it goes against every one of their agendas. According to the Liberals there are no good guys with guns. If they had their way every gun owner would be a criminal and that is their real goal...........JMHO

 

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HB1476

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, creates a Class A misdemeanor of leaving a firearm or ammunition in a motor vehicle or boat without the firearm or ammunition being stored in a locked cabinet, safe, vault, case, or secured with a firearm locking device if the vehicle or boat is left unattended or with a person under 18 years of age; directs fines collected be deposited in the criminal injuries compensation fund and the domestic violence community education fund.

HB0801

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, creates a Class A misdemeanor of leaving a firearm or firearm ammunition unattended or with a person under 18 years of age in a motor vehicle or boat, if the firearm is not locked in a trunk, glove box, or interior of the person's motor vehicle or boat.

 

And on a totally unrelated item :cool:

HB1036 Motor Vehicles, Titling and Registration - As introduced, prohibits the issuance or renewal of the Sons of Confederate Veterans specialty license plate for motor vehicles and motorcycles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:
HB1476

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, creates a Class A misdemeanor of leaving a firearm or ammunition in a motor vehicle or boat without the firearm or ammunition being stored in a locked cabinet, safe, vault, case, or secured with a firearm locking device if the vehicle or boat is left unattended or with a person under 18 years of age; directs fines collected be deposited in the criminal injuries compensation fund and the domestic violence community education fund.

HB0801

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, creates a Class A misdemeanor of leaving a firearm or firearm ammunition unattended or with a person under 18 years of age in a motor vehicle or boat, if the firearm is not locked in a trunk, glove box, or interior of the person's motor vehicle or boat.

 

And on a totally unrelated item :cool:

HB1036 Motor Vehicles, Titling and Registration - As introduced, prohibits the issuance or renewal of the Sons of Confederate Veterans specialty license plate for motor vehicles and motorcycles.

So if left in my LOCKED vehicle is my vehicle not just a big locked case? What's the use of another locked "something". Hammers, saws and torches can make short order of just about anything. 

I am so tired of everything being my fault for obeying laws and doing what is right. How about we get back to placing blame where blame is due. Let's quit voting in idiots to run our city's, states and countries. If elected officials go against what they said in campaigns then let's recall their ass. Enough of this crap is enough. Get involved. Be noisy. Be heard. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

I am so tired of everything being my fault for obeying laws and doing what is right. How about we get back to placing blame where blame is due. 

Amen Brother. Everyone that carries may find a time when they need to enter a posted business; as you know it’s not as easy as saying “Don’t do business with them.”

I don’t see how this can pass when people can legally have a gun in their car, that doesn’t have an HCP.

So yes, if you have to leave your gun in your locked vehicle; these idiots think the answer is “Let’s make criminals out of the victims in crime.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been writing my elected officials and also emailing them every week but have not heard back from any of them. You can bet when election time comes around I will hear from them wanting my vote. When I do hear from them then I will remind them of the many times I wrote them and they never replied back and see what their excuse is then. Along with telling them my vote depends on their excuse for not replying back.................😡 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

So if left in my LOCKED vehicle is my vehicle not just a big locked case? What's the use of another locked "something". Hammers, saws and torches can make short order of just about anything. 

I am so tired of everything being my fault for obeying laws and doing what is right. How about we get back to placing blame where blame is due. Let's quit voting in idiots to run our city's, states and countries. If elected officials go against what they said in campaigns then let's recall their ass. Enough of this crap is enough. Get involved. Be noisy. Be heard. 

Read it again. If the vehicle is locked then it's not a problem. 

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, creates a Class A misdemeanor of leaving a firearm or firearm ammunition unattended or with a person under 18 years of age in a motor vehicle or boat, if the firearm is not locked in a trunk, glove box, or interior of the person's motor vehicle or boat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

So just goes to show that even when back ground checks are done a felon criminal can still legally obtain a handgun so what will more back ground checks do if the ones now being done don't work? I have a friend I grew up with that still lives up there and he said he knows of a few other cases where felons were able to go through back ground checks in Illinois and were allowed to purchase hand guns but it never made the news and was caught and corrected and guns were collected by police before they could be used. I would like to know why they did not imediately go and take this guys gun away instead of sending him a letter asking him to please turn the gun in. All the letter did was tip him off that they knew he was a felon with a gun and he knew sooner or later they would be coming for it!! How many criminals are going to respond to a letter like that and take their gun and voluntarily turn it in?................:doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

Read it again. If the vehicle is locked then it's not a problem. 

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, creates a Class A misdemeanor of leaving a firearm or firearm ammunition unattended or with a person under 18 years of age in a motor vehicle or boat, if the firearm is not locked in a trunk, glove box, or interior of the person's motor vehicle or boat.

Thanks for pointing that out. I read it a couple of times and flat missed that. I'm going to blame it on age and progressive lenses. Yes, that's what I'm claiming. That sounds much better than I can't read AND comprehend. Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

Read it again. If the vehicle is locked then it's not a problem. 

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, creates a Class A misdemeanor of leaving a firearm or firearm ammunition unattended or with a person under 18 years of age in a motor vehicle or boat, if the firearm is not locked in a trunk, glove box, or interior of the person's motor vehicle or boat.

That's true if talking about HB0801, but HB1476 doesn't mention trunk, glove box, interior, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines