Here we go again

DJTC45

I just got an alert about an active shooter in downtown Louisville KY. Multiple casualties reported, and KY State Police says to stay out of downtown. What is going on with this world we live in now, god this is insane. Every time this happens we as responsible gun owners pay the price. Prayers for all involved in this situation, and I hope they gun down the person responsible.

• Like 1

https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisville-police-multiple-casualties-officers-respond-active-aggressor

"A witness inside the building where the shooting happened tols WHAS11 that an unidentified man with a "long assault rifle" began opening fire on the first floor." 

Police are saying it was a 25 year old white male, who was a former bank employee. He texted a friend that he was going to commit suicide, per www.heavy.com.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Moped said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisville-police-multiple-casualties-officers-respond-active-aggressor

"A witness inside the building where the shooting happened tols WHAS11 that an unidentified man with a "long assault rifle" began opening fire on the first floor." 

Police are saying it was a 25 year old white male, who was a former bank employee. He texted a friend that he was going to commit suicide, per www.heavy.com.

I don't guess I will ever understand why people that are going to commit suicide think they have to killed a bunch of people in the process. If a person wants to off themselves just do it without taking a bunch of people with you!!!.

• Like 5

according to www.heavy.com

"On police scanner audio obtained by Heavy through the archive and live-streaming site Broadcastify, a dispatcher said preliminarily that a caller said “eight to nine people were shot.” The dispatcher described the suspect as a white male, wearing dark-colored pants, on the first floor. Police have not officially confirmed those details. The dispatcher said the suspect was a 25-year-old white male who called a friend and left a voicemail saying he was going to “kill everyone at the bank” because he was feeling suicidal. People were hiding in the bank’s vault at one point, according to scanner audio."

I guess that voice mail he sent his friend the day before made it pretty clear of his intentions. To bad his friend did not get the voice mail in time to alert the police on Sunday so they could have been ready for him today.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I don't guess I will ever understand why people that are going to commit suicide think they have to killed a bunch of people in the process. If a person wants to off themselves just do it without taking a bunch of people with you!!!.

Such evil, cowardly pieces of trash.

• Like 1

Federal sources tell CNN that the rifle was an AR15 style rifle. This is lining up perfect for the Antis. An angry, white, young male with an assault style rifle, kills four and wounds 8 others.  Nashville, is about to be partially swept under the rug.

20 minutes ago, Moped said:

Federal sources tell CNN that the rifle was an AR15 style rifle. This is lining up perfect for the Antis. An angry, white, young male with an assault style rifle, kills four and wounds 8 others.  Nashville, is about to be partially swept under the rug.

We've had three different groups of elementary kids killed now and nothing happened. I can't imagine this bank shooting will be any different.

One thing I have noticed is in all the shooting we hear the firearm is listed as as AR15 style assault rifle from the police. I thought that he police, ATF and FBI are suppose to be well trained in firearms so why can't they call a firearm by it's proper title if they have it in their hands?

9 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Disgruntled former employee goes nuts and kills a bunch of innocent people. Sad story, but we've heard it before. 

Mental illness has reached epidemic proportions in this country, but nobody wants to talk about that. 🤬

The mental aspect is to complicated for the Anti's to wrap their heads around and they think attacking the guns is a much easier target. I had a buddy ask me one time if I have ever thought about suicide and I said HELL NO!!! I love myself to much to do that and would not put that stigma on my family. When I leave this world it will be when the Powers to Be upstairs pulls my number!

• Like 2

From the little known this sounds a lot like the Walmart shooting where a mentally disturbed manager shot co workers and others at his work place  This will not help the gun community Washington state has already ban a list of gun they call assault weapons so civilians can no longer buy them thru a dealer  other states will adopt this idea I fear 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Sleep profit said:

From the little known this sounds a lot like the Walmart shooting where a mentally disturbed manager shot co workers and others at his work place  This will not help the gun community Washington state has already ban a list of gun they call assault weapons so civilians can no longer buy them thru a dealer  other states will adopt this idea I fear 

Washington state passed the law stopping anyone else from buying one but that does not address the 1,000's the the people already own. That is going to be the issue in every state. They have no idea how many are in gun safes all across the country. I figure their next move is going to go after any and all ammo for them.

The Gal-boy that shot up the school in Nashville was using assault style weapon but fired a pistol caliber round was what I heard? I may be wrong!!!

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Washington state passed the law stopping anyone else from buying one but that does not address the 1,000's the the people already own. That is going to be the issue in every state. They have no idea how many are in gun safes all across the country. I figure their next move is going to go after any and all ammo for them.

The Gal-boy that shot up the school in Nashville was using assault style weapon but fired a pistol caliber round was what I heard? I may be wrong!!!

The responding officers are reporting that they heard what they were certain was rifle rounds. I'm guessing somewhere between the footage we were shown she must've switched firearms. I saw her holding the AR-15 in one clip and the Sub-2000 in another. I doubt she had enough mags for 152 rds from that Kel-Tec.

Regardless, it's nutjobs we should focus on, not the tools the nutjobs used, but that probably makes too much sense for anyone but us to accept.

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, BigK said:

The responding officers are reporting that they heard what they were certain was rifle rounds. I'm guessing somewhere between the footage we were shown she must've switched firearms. I saw her holding the AR-15 in one clip and the Sub-2000 in another. I doubt she had enough mags for 152 rds from that Kel-Tec. I think she may have used 

Regardless, it's nutjobs we should focus on, not the tools the nutjobs used, but that probably makes too much sense for anyone but us to accept.

I think she may have used the AR15 to shoot her was in through the doors and swapped to the sub-2000 once inside. And may have went back to the AR when confronted by police. We will never know for sure as they will only share bits and pieces of what they know.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I think she may have used the AR15 to shoot her was in through the doors and swapped to the sub-2000 once inside. And may have went back to the AR when confronted by police. We will never know for sure as they will only share bits and pieces of what they know.

you're right, we'll probably never know all the details and I admit that my curiosity about those kind of details is a little morbid, but I can't help myself

• Like 1

Shooter has been named,

Normal average looking young man, great education and career path, doesn't appear to fit the mold at first glance. Perhaps he had major anger issues and decided to kill those he felt wronged him at the Bank. ........latest is the creep livestreamed the shooting and his Dad was recently posting  anti-gun stuff how we are laughed at in other countries and politicians are cowards on guns bla,bla, bla.

Either way Biden, CNN etc, I feel safer in an armed America than unarmed Europe so pound sand! When they say X amount of deadly shootings in US it sounds ridiculously high but.... Many of our States = their Countries is size/population. Violent robbery stabbing deaths and injuries are higher in Europe overall I would guess and the murder rates in Europe overall may be similar or even higher. Not saying we don't have a mass shooting problem here because we do but don't lie and say how wonderful it will be if the law abiding were disarmed. Crazies and Murderers will not follow laws, will buy black market guns or will find other ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

Shooter has been named,

Normal average looking young man, great education and career path, doesn't appear to fit the mold at first glance. Perhaps he had major anger issues and decided to kill those he felt wronged him at the Bank. ........latest is the creep livestreamed the shooting and his Dad was recently posting  anti-gun stuff how we are laughed at in other countries and politicians are cowards on guns bla,bla, bla.

Either way Biden, CNN etc, I feel safer in an armed America than unarmed Europe so pound sand! When they say X amount of deadly shootings in US it sounds ridiculously high but.... Many of our States = their Countries is size/population. Violent robbery stabbing deaths and injuries are higher in Europe overall I would guess and the murder rates in Europe overall may be similar or even higher. Not saying we don't have a mass shooting problem here because we do but don't lie and say how wonderful it will be if the law abiding were disarmed. Crazies and Murderers will not follow laws, will buy black market guns or will find other ways.

I ain’t been shot yet…only been shot at a couple of times. I’ll gladly take that over the alternative.

• Like 3