So is Q a thing?

So I don't have a better place to ask this. I think a majority of the folks here are probably floating around similar views and beliefs, so I want to ask it (knowing that we have diversity of thought).

I have some more left-leaning friends who talk of Q like it's a "big thing". I however, know almost nothing and I hang around conservative types almost exclusively (my life has just worked out that way). What I want to know is, do you believe it's a major topic, or is it kinda like Antifa where nobody can agree if it's really a thing or not.

Some discussion ground rules:

1. I'm not asking for a political debate. Please don't start one

2. I don't want mud slinging or any kind of "them vs us"

3. If someone says yes or no. Please leave it be. Everyone is allowed their opinion

The whole goal behind this is just to see what a "more conservative" group of people think about it to try and define if this is truly "a big thing"

I’m in a very rural and conservative part of Tn    Q is not mentioned.  Most people could not tell you anything about it.  And not associated with it. Other groups much more prevalent not a major topic 

Edited by Sleep profit

Q anon was born online in 2017  it’s a lot of conspiracy theorists mostly online no one knew anything about them to January 6 th when they showed up at at capital movement       has   to do with a child sex trafficking. ring.  by Hollywood elites very anti Jewish they hate George Soros and elites for the most part   To far out there for most. 

Edited by Sleep profit
42 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Are you, talking about Q Anon? I've heard of them, but never really understood what that was all about. I'd like a little info on that myself. ❓

yeah and i've had it brought up to me several times by dems/liberals. From their lens and from the media they consume, it's a rather large, troubling topic. I've mentioned multiple times that in all the circles I run in, I've never even heard someone mention it. I figured maybe i'm disconnected and it really is a big thing? Maybe? maybe not.

I just find it odd that literally NOBODY from my side of the fence talks about it, yet it seems like such a large talking point on the other.

1 minute ago, NoBanStan said:

yeah and i've had it brought up to me several times by dems/liberals. From their lens and from the media they consume, it's a rather large, troubling topic. I've mentioned multiple times that in all the circles I run in, I've never even heard someone mention it. I figured maybe i'm disconnected and it really is a big thing? Maybe? maybe not.

I just find it odd that literally NOBODY from my side of the fence talks about it, yet it seems like such a large talking point on the other.

I sincerely thought you were talking about the Q in the alphabet people list.

1 minute ago, BigK said:

I sincerely thought you were talking about the Q in the alphabet people list.

honestly I think that just shows my level of ignorance on the topic. I've heard those guys say Q in reference to Qanon that i figured that's what people called it. who knew? I didn't

I've heard of it, but didn't think it was real. Kind of like the Illuminati or the mafia. I'm not trying to pretend it isn't real, in the same way some Brandon is trying to pretend ANTIFA isn't real. I really thought it was just some nonsense made up to put all conservatives in a bucket.

1 minute ago, BigK said:

I've heard of it, but didn't think it was real. Kind of like the Illuminati or the mafia. I'm not trying to pretend it isn't real, in the same way some Brandon is trying to pretend ANTIFA isn't real. I really thought it was just some nonsense made up to put all conservatives in a bucket.

The Illuminati are definitely a thing    just like skull and bones.fraternity 

2 minutes ago, Sleep profit said:

The Illuminati are definitely a thing    just like skull and bones.fraternity 

real, certainly. major influence on all of society.... maybe not?

That's how i feel about this QAnon thing. It's certainly out there but i'm very doubtful it's some huge deal.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

real, certainly. major influence on all of society.... maybe not?

That's how i feel about this QAnon thing. It's certainly out there but i'm very doubtful it's some huge deal.

Agreed    But the. Skull and bones conspiracy was too good not to include.  Like the lizard people whom live under Mount LeConte 

Edited by Sleep profit
  • Haha 1

Ok, I did a little research. It seems that Q Anon is a bunch of internet freaks who deal in conspiracy theories. They are so far to the right that normal conservatives consider 'em nuts. Anyway as near as I can figure, they make a lot of noise but don't amount to squat. I doubt anybody with any sense takes them seriously. 🙄

Here's a link to their web site. Take a look for yourselves. 

https://theqanons.com/

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Grayfox54 said:

Ok, I did a little research. It seems that Q Anon is a bunch of internet freaks who deal in conspiracy theories. They are so far to the right that normal conservatives consider 'em nuts. Anyway as near as I can figure, they make a lot of noise but don't amount to squat. I doubt anybody with any sense takes them seriously. 🙄

Here's a link to their web site. Take a look for yourselves. 

https://theqanons.com/

thanks, though i think i'll pass on the registered hit. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators

In my estimation Qanon seems to be a popular subject amongst two categories of people, but it used to be three. The category that doesn’t exist anymore were your “he’s playing 4D chess against the deep state/swamp/elites” types. Most of them have given up on that fantasy. The two types of folks left are the real nutters who actually think reptilians walk amongst us and the libs who really, really want that to be the majority of the Republican Party. 

It’s total fringe wackadoodle shįt. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
8 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

In my estimation Qanon seems to be a popular subject amongst two categories of people, but it used to be three. The category that doesn’t exist anymore were your “he’s playing 4D chess against the deep state/swamp/elites” types. Most of them have given up on that fantasy. The two types of folks left are the real nutters who actually think reptilians walk amongst us and the libs who really, really want that to be the majority of the Republican Party. 

It’s total fringe wackadoodle shįt. 

I long for your command of the English language. That’s exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn’t put it into words as eloquently as you.

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1