Wayne LaPierre announces resignation as NRA chief!

24 minutes ago, gun sane said:

Many NRA members have been calling for his goodbye letter.  Sorry it had to end because of health reasons.  I hope both the organization and LaPierre get better.

I seriously doubt it is because of "health reasons", Regardless, he's stepping aside even if it is just to avoid being ousted in court and that's the important thing.  How far he steps aside remains to be seen.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 4

You just made my day. This is fantastic news! "Resigning for health reasons" is so cliche, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I hope he doesn't let the screen door hit him where the good Lord split him. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Like 3

Glad he is gone. Lived the life of luxury on the NRA's dime, so they say. If they get someone worthy, I will renew my membership. Still remember "Cold dead hands" from Charleston Heston. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Knowing your post history, I got excited that you were coming to announce his passing. 

I can't believe you said that out loud😆 Seriously, however he's gone is good with me. I just hope he is not going to be replaced with one of his buddies that's going to carry on business as usual.  Could they be that out of touch?

10 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm glad he's gone. But I fear his replacement will be his own hand picked crony and nothing will change. 🤬

If they have learned anything, he was a freeloader that took, took and took. 

I'd be more willing to donate again if they learn how to run the shop properly. I refuse to believe they didn't feel the pinch of lack of donations over the past years. If not, there are better entities.

• Like 3

You know they have felt the pinch, BHunter. They are calling me weekly now wanting me to rejoin. 

Edited to add, It bothers me that some firm is tasked with signing up new members. They are not employees of NRA. 

Edited by pop pop
  • Like 1

They have been flooding me with e-mails for some time. I never gave them my phone number so i didn't have to deal with that. I will not rejoin just because he is gone. I'll wait and see if the NRA changes for the better.

• Like 5