Radical Left NY AG Letitia James and 14 Democrat State Attorneys General Sign Letter Asking Biden Regime to Ban “Military-Grade” Ammunition for Citizens

I should have seen this coming as there was an editorial (it may have been an article or a guest essay) in the NYT several weeks ago that mentioned the frequency that ammo from Lake City has shown up at certain shootings. At the time I just scoffed at the idea that ammo from this manufacturer or that might be targeted, but I missed the implication that LC shouldn't be selling to civilians. Of course there's a really good reason why LC needs to keep it's capacity high, and when the military isn't shooting up the ammo, then it makes perfect sense to divert some to the civilian market.

There will be no end to the sideroads that the anti-gun crowd will take to try to undermine our rights. 

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 3

That’s insane!

What is “military grade” ammunition? Technically one could say “military caliber” ammunition would be “military grade”. And if you go back far enough, this would include calibers like .25acp (issued by the German Military pre WWII) and 45LC (issued to U.S. force during the Moro Rebellion in the Philippines). And rifles would be the same. Things like 30-06, 7mm Mauser, .338 Lapua, are all military calibers. 

• Like 1

Military grade, LMFHO, civilian ammo is much more accurate and more effective. FMJ is not in my EDC or SHTF stash for a reason.  Most military ammo just needs to be 3 or 4 MOA, whereas target or hunting rounds try and achieve at least 1 MOA, most sub MOA, and they are designed to DRT your target.

Edited by Omega
speeling
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, Omega said:

Military grade, LMFHO, civilian ammo is much more accurate and more effective. FMJ is not in my EDC or SHTF stash for a reason.  Most military ammo just needs to be 3 or 4 MOA, whereas target or hunting rounds try and achieve at least 1 MOA, most sub MOA, and they are designed to DRT your target.

I’m surprised by this I would think our military should have the best most effective ammunition to defend the country  what is DRT   What calibers do they consider military grade. Thanks for information interesting article 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Sleep profit said:

I’m surprised by this I would think our military should have the best most effective ammunition to defend the country  what is DRT   What calibers do they consider military grade. Thanks for information interesting article 

The military operates by a very different set of requirements and limitations for the ammo they utilize. What is appropriate for a .mil context generally doesn’t fit the needs of the civilian shooter, and the opposite holds true as well. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sleep profit said:

Dead Right There (DRT).  The military trains to shoot at center mass, which is a large target, think chest. An MOA at 100 yards is roughly a 1"  circle, at 300 Yards, its about 3" circle.  At 300 Yards, which is about the farthest you want to engage normally, a 3 MOA is about a 9" circle, so well within the chest of your target.  So it's not as bad as it sounds, but many soldiers are not crack shots, so that can expand that circle much more, but any hit is a good hit.

image.thumb.png.0bd336403d4422998406a076b2f6c156.png

• Like 4

Military is limited to FMJ ammo by the rules of war. Which makes sense in a combat zone. Kill an enemy soldier and you take him out of the fight. Wound an enemy soldier and you then need at least one, probably two men to care for and evacuate him. Thereby taking up to three men out of the fight.

Civilian ammo is designed to do as much damage as possible with a single round to achieve a one shot stop or a clean kill on a game animal. 

Lots of people buy surplus military ammo because its generally pretty cheap compared to commercial ammo and many don't know the difference. So they use it for self defense or in some cases, crimes. 

Once again, the antis have no idea what they're talking about. 💩

• Like 4

Not that it will stop these idiots from passing a law they know is unconstitutional, but the SCOTUS has already ruled that an infringement on ammo is the same as an infringement on firearms. Sadly, the twits that pass these laws have unlimited tax payer dollars to defend these laws in court.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Y'all remember the donkey boys getting ATF to ban green tip as 'armor piercing' in 2015? Which of course is what the military uses. Guess who made them? If you guessed LC you win a prize.

This is a rehash of that. Give it some time for folks not to connect the dots then repackage it.

Military grade, weapons of war. Marketing at its finest.

On 1/11/2024 at 12:14 AM, BigK said:

Not that it will stop these idiots from passing a law they know is unconstitutional, but the SCOTUS has already ruled that an infringement on ammo is the same as an infringement on firearms. Sadly, the twits that pass these laws have unlimited tax payer dollars to defend these laws in court.

This is a great truth.  There ain't gonna be any " ammo bans " and they know it.

leroy...

• Like 1