POF-USA P308-16-MRR-308 RECON (PICS)

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

Long name, I know, you'd think they could keep it simple. I'd been wanting one of these for over a year and finally picked one up. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot some this weekend, we'll see. The trigger is as crisp as I've ever felt on an AR. Definately will be putting a can on it soon. I've read good things about their piston system, and their hand-guard (or what they called Modular Railed Receiver) has a nice rough texture treatment on part of it. They say their NP3 coating requires no lube, so I'm interested to see how that works out.

POF-USAP308001.jpg

POF-USAP308002.jpg

POF-USAP308003.jpg

POF-USAP308004.jpg

POF-USAP308006.jpg

POF-USAP308009.jpg

POF-USAP308005.jpg

POF-USAP308007.jpg

POF-USAP308008.jpg

Edited by JHatmaker
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker
If you don't mind me asking what does one of those set you back?

MSRP on their site is $2600

Which mag does it use?

Takes the standard Bushmaster, C-Products, DPMS 25 round magazines. Also Magpul's 20 Round P-Mag works.

Edited by JHatmaker
Guest JHatmaker

Thanks for the comments fellas

I'll FINALLY get a chance to shoot it this weekend. Have had so much going on the past couple weekends I couldn't get down to Charlie's place to test it out. Now I just have to stock up on some .308 ammo, all I have are hunting rounds...

Guest JHatmaker

Finally got to shoot this dang thing over the weekend. I was extremely impressed. Was very accurate with iron sights (left my scope at home, so didn't get it sight it in). I was pleasantly surprised by the recoil. It still gives you a nice little nudge, but no where near that of other .308 AR's I've tried, as well as my old SOCOM 16 M14. It also throws a nice little flame, much larger than the SOCOM did. I'd love to shoot this at night and see what it looks like.

The only issue I had was w/ some Magpul P-Mags I bought. It would not cycle and eject properly. The standard 25 round DMPS magazine fed perfectly though. I'll see if I can find some stuff online and make sure it wasn't the ammo. (I had only put Hornady in the P-Mags.)

Now just got to get back out there and shoot some long range targets...