Mayor Candidate Proposes $1 tax on each round of ammo

This is out of Baltimore. I know I am preaching to the choir, but really, does he think a $1 per round tax in the city of Baltimore will stop ANYTHING? The cost of crime with go up? So, assuming that the criminal didn't buy the ammo outside the city or illegally, is a criminal really going to stop buying ammo because it's too expensive? Oh, it's going to cost me $15 extra bucks to fill that magazine. Guess I won't shoot anybody. Really???

'Bullet Tax' Proposed By Mayoral Candidate - Baltimore News Story - WBAL Baltimore

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nicemac
This is out of Baltimore. I know I am preaching to the choir, but really, does he think a $1 per round tax in the city of Baltimore will stop ANYTHING? The cost of crime with go up? So, assuming that the criminal didn't buy the ammo outside the city or illegally, is a criminal really going to stop buying ammo because it's too expensive? Oh, it's going to cost me $15 extra bucks to fill that magazine. Guess I won't shoot anybody. Really???

'Bullet Tax' Proposed By Mayoral Candidate - Baltimore News Story - WBAL Baltimore

Purely a politician pandering to try to get elected…

That wouldn't cost a criminal and extra $15 per mag, they'll buy it out of town/state or steal it.

They proposed this crap a few years ago in CA along with the laser etched bar code nonsense. PPpppfffftttt!!!! I'd like to see you tax my molds or all the primers I accumulated during the big "O" scare a few years back.

For most crimes they will also use a vehicle. I think a $1 tax on gas is a better plan. I think his $1 tax per bullet would put gun stores in the city out of business. Maybe that's his real plan.

Here is a nother piece of liberal drible in his plan:

The bullet tax is part of Rolley's public safety plan. It also includes a change in how the city treats some drug use, as he wants to make possession of small amounts of marijuana a summary offense. That would treat the offense more like public drunkenness than a drug crime, Miller reported.

The funny part is it is just a short 15 minute Light Rail ride out to the 'Burbs (outside city limits) to Wally World and then a ride back. I think he has been smoking the same stuff Marion Barry did. I reiterate again how I can't wait to get out of this state. 4 years 11 months and counting unless I hit the Lotto.

The funny part is it is just a short 15 minute Light Rail ride out to the 'Burbs (outside city limits) to Wally World and then a ride back. I think he has been smoking the same stuff Marion Barry did. I reiterate again how I can't wait to get out of this state. 4 years 11 months and counting unless I hit the Lotto.

That basically what I posted with the link on Facebook. There's a Walmart in the next town over, in all directions.

Having recently move to TN from the Baltimore area, yes I am so thankful to be out of the Peoples Republic of Maryland, this guy is not an idiot. He is smart, and manipulative. He is pandering to a voting public that is extreamly liberal and in some cases ignorant. You can be at a Dicks Sporting Goods store outside the city on the light rail with in 30 min. (All the stats show the light rail has become a crime corridor; "rob and ride". Nashville take note.) This candidate knows his proposed tax will have absolutely no impact on crime what so ever. It is pure and simple manipulative pandering. Maryland was recently listed as having the second most restricted gun laws in the country.

all this proposed law would accomplish is to put a stop to recreational shooting.

People will still have rounds for the self defense guns and lord knows the criminals will still have bullets.

How does someone even consider doing something like this and look people in the eye with a straight face?

This just further validates what I already believe about politicians - that all they care about is getting elected so they can have an impressive title, like "Just call me Senator" Barbara Boxer. The day any of them do anything to benefit their constituents or the American people is the day my teeth will probably fall out.

Guest nicemac
I'd like to propose a $50 tax on casting stupid votes with an extra $50 tacked on if the idiot you voted for wins.

Now, now, that would be a poll tax. Stupid people have a right to vote too. Thankfully my vote cancels theirs out…

I know this won't be very popular, but actually think stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote. I'm not saying there should be an IQ line in the sand, just that folks have a basic understanding of civics, current affairs, and where candidates stand on issues.

I'd settle for a 30 minute class in lieu of a test, but Obama would put his community organizers in charge of it and ruin the idea. Likewise, they wouldn't want Ron Paul in charge of it either, so I guess it can't happen.