REVOLVERS: Boring, Antiquated, & Stupid

gregintenn

Guest cardcutter

You loose 10 points on your man card for saying pretty on a gun board! hahaha

Unless it is a boring,antiquated,or stupid revolver. Then it is O Kay.

Loved the sarcasm in that video

Guest Scramasax

Yes I shoot my engraved revolvers and autos. I also use my engraved custom knives. Would you get a custom paint job on your car and just leave it parked? No you'd want to get it out and show it off.

Cheers,

ts

Does anyone know WHAT that speedshooter had done to his gun? The trigger pull is very short, and he is shooting it DAO style. It seems to be not only short but light, unless he is just ultra strong. The cylinder flops in and out easy yet it clearly aligns properly when fired. Its probably got $2k in gunsmithing for his gun, at a guess, but can something like that be done for a reasonable price? My DA revolvers can be lifted by the trigger without even budging the hammer.

Does anyone know WHAT that speedshooter had done to his gun? The trigger pull is very short, and he is shooting it DAO style. It seems to be not only short but light, unless he is just ultra strong. The cylinder flops in and out easy yet it clearly aligns properly when fired. Its probably got $2k in gunsmithing for his gun, at a guess, but can something like that be done for a reasonable price? My DA revolvers can be lifted by the trigger without even budging the hammer.

It may or may not have modifications but i know its a S&W 625 .45acp uses moonclips even mere mortals can reload. .45acp revolvers with full moon clips pretty fast.

He might tell you himself for $34.95.....http://www.bang-inc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=9

That’s Jerry Miculek, and he doesn’t use heavily modified guns. Most of the time he is using a Smith & Wesson Model 625. He’s pretty amazing and I would bet he could come close to those times with an out of the box gun.

Action jobs on revolvers are not hard to do, and cost nothing. Miculek makes a video that will show you how. I wouldn’t do it to a carry gun, but I’ve made some competition guns pretty slick.

That’s Jerry Miculek, and he doesn’t use heavily modified guns. Most of the time he is using a Smith & Wesson Model 625. He’s pretty amazing and I would bet he could come close to those times with an out of the box gun.

He and Bob Munden are two of the 'exhibition shooters' that are regulars on the show 'Impossible Shots.' You are right, Miculek is absolutely amazing. Also, I remember seeing an interview with him, somewhere, in which he talked about setting that record. He actually said it was partly luck - that he just sort of tossed the reload at/into the cylinder and it landed just right.

This is another shooter who has also been on 'Impossible Shots'. He is into cowboy type shooting and uses single action revolvers. Talk about some folks thinking they are boring, antiquated and stupid - and I wouldn't want to come up against him no matter what I was carrying at the time. His cowboy handle is 'Cisco Kid' and in his everyday life he is, of all things, a hair dresser.

He and Bob Munden are two of the 'exhibition shooters' that are regulars on the show 'Impossible Shots.' You are right, Miculek is absolutely amazing. Also, I remember seeing an interview with him, somewhere, in which he talked about setting that record. He actually said it was partly luck - that he just sort of tossed the reload at/into the cylinder and it landed just right.

This is another shooter who has also been on 'Impossible Shots'. He is into cowboy type shooting and uses single action revolvers. Talk about some folks thinking they are boring, antiquated and stupid - and I wouldn't want to come up against him no matter what I was carrying at the time. His cowboy handle is 'Cisco Kid' and in his everyday life he is, of all things, a hair dresser.

Wow. That was awesome.