I want one of these!

This makes it official. There really is nothing else you can do to a 1911. :lol:

That is pretty cool. Don't know if I could wrap my hands around that massive grip though, it's huge!

Edited by Garufa

I personally dont have a desire to buy it but someone might.

Seriously, if this thinks actually works and is accurate it will be insanely expensive. Why? Look at the British double rifles and their cost. The reason a field grade double rifle is so expensive is tuning the barrels so the two rounds dont collide midair. Same goes with a double pistol, they will have to tune the barrels so the two rounds dont collide midair. Only way to do that is trial and error and a whole lot of ammo. Also prevents it from being mass produced even if there was a demand for it.

Just imagine dual wielding those though!

Part of me wants one.

Its a great idea. I was thinking something like a 2 barrel revolver, fire bottom and top cylinders in sync. Double tap em with one pull. Its sort of goofy in this setup, but the general idea has a couple of useful applications, whether the double tap idea or the alternate barrel idea for a full auto gun, or just to poke twice as much ammo into a gun in a different way. Needs work, and not sure 1911 frame is the way to go, but there is a kernel of an idea here.

Edit, I turned adplayer on to see it. It should only have 1 trigger, so this is either a joke or a prototype. Probably a joke, there was something like it on the web last year.

Edit 2: Its not that hard to make the bullets not hit each other. Its not a target gun anyway, just make both of them straight and with some seperation in space, or angle the barrels apart a few nanometers. If the 2 rounds hit within a handspan at 10 yards, it is good enough. You want tricky, look at the early efforts to put a gun on a plane without capping the propellers.

Edited by Jonnin

My first thought was "Oh my heavens! Is this for real?"

Next came "Crap. What a mess. Why double triggers? Accuracy? Come On! Unless both barrels fired at the sme time, wouldn't recoil from the first round cause the second to go who knows where?"

It has to be a joke. There is no way you could get both triggers to go at the same time. I think it's a clever hoax, but I could be wrong.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/03/09/its-real-the-double-barrel-arsenal-1911/

OK it's not a hoax. You pull either trigger and both hammers fall. I really wouldn't buy one of these but I wouldn't mind shooting one just for chits and giggles.

Edited by Will Carry

And in another 100 years, this will have the same appeal as the Webley-Fosberry and Gabbett-Fairfax handguns do today.

I just can't imagine wearing a fat five-pound pistol on my belt. You might as well carry a MAC M10/45 submachinegun in a holster. Then you can spit out 30rds of .45acp in just 1.5 seconds!

It has to be a joke. There is no way you could get both triggers to go at the same time. I think it's a clever hoax, but I could be wrong.

http://militarytimes...l-arsenal-1911/

OK it's not a hoax. You pull either trigger and both hammers fall.  I really wouldn't buy one of these but I wouldn't mind shooting one just for chits and giggles.

They bring up the valid point of it being NFA...

I do believe it is against the law for a gun to fire more than one bullet with a single pull of the trigger. Not sure they have the triggers set up but if you have to pull both triggers at the at the same time it will be nearly impossible to do. I suspect either trigger drops both hammers and if it does it is illegal for us common men.

That is the reason why there are no other double barreled guns with single trigger that fire both barrels. Standard double barrels have either two triggers or a single trigger that fires one then the other barrel.

Dolomite

The screen shot looks like an evil villain. I thought it was from a movie or something.

I thought it was the trailer for the next Breaking Bad episode.