Dish Dumps AMC / Walking Dead

Dish just recently dropped AMC so no "Walking Dead" for me. Guess it's time to switch satilite provider. Two large companies can't come to an agreement and customers suffer. Chewed on a Dish nice young man and he tried to buy my loyalty with 5 dollars off for six months. Told him to keep it and just before "Walking Dead" fires back up I'm switching. Need new equipment anyway.

We are really close to switching as well. What I hate more than loosing channels is when they add or switch them around every week. It seems like I spend a few hours a week going through my channels and finding out what I have now and more importatnly where my regulars were move to.

We have had customer service issues that sucked as well. They overbilled us by $200 one month. A few calls later and they agree to refund it in a few days. I gave it a week and saw nothing. Called back and they appologized and said they could refund up to $80 immediately and then gives us $10 off a month for the next 12 months. I agreed to this and a week later saw nothing. Called back again and then they said they would just send me out a check for the $80. A few weeks later and no check plus no discount on my bill. I call back again and within minutes I had $200 back in my checking acount. I guess they just wanted to make sure I REALLY wanted my $200.

And when we upgraded recently that required a new dish the tech promised us new controllers. Well that never happened either. Good thing the old universal controller worked with the new equipment.

We had a receiver die on us. I called to have it replaced. They needed me to go to the setup screen and read off the receiver number before they could proceed. I tried telling the agent several times the receiver would not boot up but she never got it. I had to call back two more times before someone would let me use my name, phone number, SSN, address, account number and the amount of my last bill to verify it was me.

Dolomite

We are really close to switching as well. What I hate more than loosing channels is when they add or switch them around every week. It seems like I spend a few hours a week going through my channels and finding out what I have now and more importatnly where my regulars were move to.

We have had customer service issues that sucked as well. They overbilled us by $200 one month. A few calls later and they agree to refund it in a few days. I gave it a week and saw nothing. Called back and they appologized and said they could refund up to $80 immediately and then gives us $10 off a month for the next 12 months. I agreed to this and a week later saw nothing. Called back again and then they said they would just send me out a check for the $80. A few weeks later and no check plus no discount on my bill. I call back again and within minutes I had $200 back in my checking acount. I guess they just wanted to make sure I REALLY wanted my $200.

And when we upgraded recently that required a new dish the tech promised us new controllers. Well that never happened either. Good thing the old universal controller worked with the new equipment.

We had a receiver die on us. I called to have it replaced. They needed me to go to the setup screen and read off the receiver number before they could proceed. I tried telling the agent several times the receiver would not boot up but she never got it. I had to call back two more times before someone would let me use my name, phone number, SSN, address, account number and the amount of my last bill to verify it was me.

Dolomite

I ended up dumping Charter over this. Poor customer service. When I fired them I explained that even if my new service costs twice as much as Charter I'd still leave.

Had similar billing issues I needed comp'd. It took nearly a half hour of being passed around between Canada and India to make this happen. When I realized that the amount I was comp'd was not worth a half hour of being on hold or translating into Hindi, thus raising my blood pressure to unsafe levels, I didn't even bother to call the next time I had billing issues. I just called another company, had them set everything up and then call Charter. They seemed confused that I would be so upset about MY money that I earned belongs to me, and that stealing from me and requiring that I navigate a cumbersome system to get it back is enough to fire a company I'd been with for 7 years. When did businesses decide that their customers are just a given? It's like trying to deal with government employees.

I am so pissed about this. I just switched to dish and it will cast me about 450$ to break my contract. We switched to dish after direct tv sent a complete idiot to to install our equipment in the new house. I really just want rid of it all.

Another happy Comcast customer. Been with them (TV/Internet) for over 10 years, and I have zero complaints. I take that back. Every once in a while, when watching something on On Demand, the feed will freeze.

I did have someone tell me that when he called Comcast about an issue he was having with his internet service, they wanted to charge him for support. I've never had any issue where they wanted to charge me, so I don't have any further details about that.

• 2 weeks later...

We switched to DirectTV last year after getting robbed by Comcast every month. We were paying almost $200 a month for Cable and Internet. Signed up with Direct for less than half of that on a two year plan. It will go up after that, but still be around the $100 a month range.

I've been fairly happy with them. There are some things Comcast does better. Their OnDemand stuff is way better. a lot more free stuff, and way easier to navigate. Also I never knew how many infomercial channels were in existence until I got Direct. Sheesh, it seems like every 10th channel is selling some Brazilian Butt Firming DVD, or Enhance your Prostate Health Pills. But even with all those channels, there is still a good selection of channels.

For half the price of Comcast, I don't really mind the annoyances.

I think Direct was having the same negotiation problems, but it looks like they got them worked out. I keep seeing all these banners in teh channel guide saying Channel XYZ is going to remain on.

What I do have an issue with, is their bundle partner AT&T DSL. I have never had so many customer service problems before. They should fire the entire customer service division and employ first graders. I think I would get better service.

Last week I had my roof replaced, and the roofers moved the dish, so of course my reception went out. I called Direct and they said they would be happy to send someone out, they can be there in 7 days. I thought how hard can it be, you just have to point it in the right direction. Couple of quick Google searches later, I'm up on the roof and the wife is telling me we got a picture. The Internet is a wonderful thing.

I have dish network and when i called to complain that I'm missing Breaking Bad, they gave me $10 off a month and a free Roku 2 XD device to stream Breaking Bad from Amazon. They also told me to call and they will reimburse the price of the episodes from Amazon ($2.99 per episode so it's another $12 a month reimbursed).

I hate Comcast as a company. Total bozos working there. I can't call for anything without them screwing up something by either messing up my channels or my bill. That said, I'm happy with their product, if not their exorbitant pricing.

There are times when OTA for the HD local stations plus Hulu+/Netflix sounds like a really good idea. The money saved would easily pay for the occasional series that has to be streamed for $1/episode from Amazon or the like.

Edited by monkeylizard

I have been a loyal Comcast customers for years. But I have to find an alternative. I’m at $230 a month and it seems like it goes up every month. But I guess that is what happens when you don’t have any competition.

• 3 weeks later...

I am fuming over the AMC issue. Both shows that I want to watch are on AMC (Hell on Wheels and Walking Dead). I cannot believe Dish is doing this to their customer base. I have been seriously considering switching to Dirt or Comcast. I streamed Hell on Wheels from my laptop through an HD cable and things worked great, it just ticks me off to have to do so.

I really love the DVR features with Dish. Does Comcast have something similar?

Also, every commercial while streaming HOW had a "Hell on Wheels - Not on Dish" ad. Kinda mad me a little more upset each time, so I guess it worked.