Do you ever see other people carrying?

I rarely see anyone carrying, but a few weeks ago I did see a young man at the grocery store. It looked like he was carrying a full-sized Springfield XD-something, and was using the holster that comes with the gun. If you've never seen one, they are quite bulky and ride outside the waist band. To make it worse, he was wearing it at exactly 3:00 on his waist, so his hip bone pushed it out even further. He did have a cover shirt on, but with as bulky as it was, it stuck out pretty good, and his shirt kept riding up over the grip, so he kept fiddling with it.

I figured he was a new gun / permit owner and would figure it out eventually. They are so cute when they're young :)

I have never considered looking at men for ccw, but I do admit I have been looking at women concealed carry for close to 30 years. From ankle holsters, to mid sections, up to the peaks. I see lots of imprinting, maybe not too many firearms, but lots imprinting like many dangerous and lethal weapons. I guess I didn't realize I was looking for imprinting (of a firearm). Hey great idea, that is what I will tell my wife the next time I am caught looking at a female in a parcuilar way. I was checking for imprinting of ccw. Now I will not get hit in the arm or get a very serious pinch.

Just for this posting, today I will look at as many people (women only) about who I suspect ccw, and I will report out tonight! I am on a mission!

Edited by Runco
  • Like 2

I have never considered looking at men for ccw, but I do admit I have been looking at women concealed carry for close to 30 years. From ankle holsters, to mid sections, up to the peaks. I see lots of imprinting, maybe not too many firearms, but lots imprinting like many dangerous and lethal weapons. I guess I didn't realize I was looking for imprinting (of a firearm). Hey great idea, that is what I will tell my wife the next time I am caught looking at a female in a parcuilar way. I was checking for imprinting of ccw. Now I will not get in the arm or a very serious pinch.

Just for this posting, today I will look at as many people (women only) about who I suspect ccw, and I will report out tonight! I am on a mission!

....and that's why I post on this forum. There are many angles of various subjects I haven't considered. As a group, you guys pretty well have it covered!!! :up:

Guest drv2fst

I've seen a couple of people OC, both looked like they wanted the attention. One was trying to pass as an LEO with his clothing choice and his CC "badge" on his belt. The other was just a Mall Ninja on his Wally walk.

I've only spotted one CC that I recall. I actually started a conversation with him about what type of gun he preferred to CC. I thought it was a polite way to let him know that he was showing a bit but that not everyone was against CC either.

I've had a few folks "whip out" a CC'd gun for "show and tell" after we started talking about guns.

Was in church last Sunday and noticed an unusual waistline bulge on a guy one row up during praise and worship. We started talking after service and, yep, he was carrying. First one I've ever spotted. Of course, I don't really go around looking. I've typically got more pressing issues on my mind

I have never considered looking at men for ccw, but I do admit I have been looking at women concealed carry for close to 30 years. From ankle holsters, to mid sections, up to the peaks. I see lots of imprinting, maybe not too many firearms, but lots imprinting like many dangerous and lethal weapons. I guess I didn't realize I was looking for imprinting (of a firearm). Hey great idea, that is what I will tell my wife the next time I am caught looking at a female in a parcuilar way. I was checking for imprinting of ccw. Now I will not get hit in the arm or get a very serious pinch.

Update as promised, seen 23 potentials today, no concealed carry firearms to report, but saw several serious weapons though. While on the lake, saw one boat with serious threats, those ladies were definitely packing heat, but no firearms, very little to imprint with. Earlier in the day, I did see one potential masculin female at the pawn shop, with a high and tight hair doo, had something on a chain, but pretty sure that was a wallet, and not a weapon. BTW she had no imprint whatsoever, the chain caught my attention. Her tag along had some imprints, slightly dangerous though. This was fun, thanks for the seed!

Edited by Runco
  • Like 1
Guest ASmartOne

I think I have seen one guy concealing but he wasn't really trying. But I see lots of HCPs when people open their wallets to pay at the grocery store.

Guest Republican

Was in church last Sunday and noticed an unusual waistline bulge on a guy one row up during praise and worship. We started talking after service and, yep, he was carrying. First one I've ever spotted. Of course, I don't really go around looking. I've typically got more pressing issues on my mind

Many feel the need to carry in this environment and those similar to it. IE anywhere your attention is diverted in one direction for an extended period of time.

I see a few CC but not as many as I would think. OC is really unnecessary. I have seen a guy OC with a six shooter and had the holster tied to his leg wild west style. No, I wasnt in a saloon. Lol. I dont trust attention hungry people.

I print bad. I just quit worrying about it. I either carry open or throw my shirt over it. If it shows it shows.

No one has complained. Not even in west Knoxville. If they did I'd tell them to go back to NJ,IL,or Canada.

I was in Nashville and Memphis Thursday and Friday. Open carried. No one said a word. Not even the police in Memphis.

I don't notice others printing but I am noticing more and more people open carrying around here.

I carried OWB to church and Bible Study yesterday. I had my M&P9c in a leather holster at 3:00 with my suit jacket over it. Been doing that for a long time now and have never been "made" as far as I know.

A good quality holster and belt are essential to a good carry system.

I see some open carry and concealed carry from time to time. If your ever in kingsport, visit the Jan-Mar (breakfast joint) in downtown. In the winter, its like a gun show when all the jackets come off. I would figure the majority of these are retired or current off duty LEO's, city officials and armed citizens (some of which probably figure they are too old to need a permit). A good deal of Kingsport political decisions are made in this greasy little breakfest spot.

I pity the fool who tries to rob the Jan-mar............

Edited by Parrothead

I've seen most of them on motorcycles. The ankle holsters on motorcycles are pretty easy to spot. I have seen two tuckable style holsters with the two clips showing. My wife works at a bank and says there is about one person a day come in OC.

I've seen most of them on motorcycles. The ankle holsters on motorcycles are pretty easy to spot. I have seen two tuckable style holsters with the two clips showing. My wife works at a bank and says there is about one person a day come in OC.

Saw a guy on a motorcycle with ape hangers who's pistol was showing going down the interstate.
I ride my Harley while OCing all the time. I also OC at the stores too. I will occasionally flip the shirt over it, but it's still hard to hide.

I got a pretty impressive shoulder rig for when I'm on my segway. Except when I got my outlaw club cut on then its tactical thigh rig all the way.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by zapfbroad
  • Like 3

I got a pretty impressive shoulder rig for when I'm on my segway. Except when I got my outlaw club cut on then its tactical thigh rig all the way.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

You belong to an Outlaw Segway Club? Now I'm frightened. Tell us what bar you hang out at so we can all avoid it.

• Like 1