Man Who Carried AK-47 Pistol In Park Loses Appeal

You guys know this Radnor Lake Rambo?

He was a member on this site before he showed his true colors and got banned. He has also been banned from every other forum he has been a member of on the internet from golden retriever forums to mustang forums and everything in between.

Edited by nightrunner

No, the Feds do not, but Tennessee does.

Only definition I know in TN is the sort of gray "designed to be held in one hand" or similar, doesn't actually specifiy size, yes?

(I'm on dialup right now, can't get around very well to find it, know it's not under the weapons section definitions where it should be)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Only definition I know in TN is the sort of gray "designed to be held in one hand" or similar, doesn't actually specifiy size, yes?

(I'm on dialup right now, can't get around very well to find it, know it's not under the weapons section definitions where it should be)

- OS

Pistol

18 U.S.C. § 921 (a)(29) And 27 CFR § 478.11

The term "PISTOL" means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a

projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having:

• a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s);

and a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand at an angle to and extending

below the line of the bore(s).

However the SBR and AOW defs muddy the above and apply all sorts of nutty "what is it?!" questions to the above simple text.

Edited by Jonnin

39-17-1319 handgun possession prohibited — Exceptions.

39-17-1319. handgun possession prohibited — Exceptions. (a) As used in this section and § 39-17-1320, unless the context otherwise requires:(1) “handgun†means a pistol, revolver, or other firearm of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which any shot, bullet, or other missile can be discharged, the length of the barrel of which, not including any revolving, detachable, or magazine breech, does not exceed twelve inches (12²);

It isn't illegal to tape a bunch of road flares to your chest as a fashion statement and walk into a crowded mall, but doing so is going to get you rolled up by the cops, as it should. This is in the same realm. If he keeps up stunts like this he will end up getting smoked by police or a HCPer.

• Like 3

It isn't illegal to tape a bunch of road flares to your chest as a fashion statement and walk into a crowded mall, but doing so is going to get you rolled up by the cops, as it should. This is in the same realm. If he keeps up stunts like this he will end up getting smoked by police or a HCPer.

From what little I've read about the guy that almost sounds like his end goal. It seems he wants to become a "martyr" for the same cause he hurts while claiming to help.

I don't think much of anyone so selfish as to give ammo to the grabbers just to make a statement, there are plenty of positive ways to excercise rights without having to resort to antics more befitting a lunatic.

It is not legal to carry a gun in Tennessee in public. The police could have technically arrested the guy and let the prosecutor drop the charge. A handgun carry permit is a defense to prosecution.

And the first time they do... They run the risk of the legislature changing a single word from defense to exception.

Remember the legislature came up with the current wording as a compromise with law enforcement groups back in the early 90's... Because we did have a serious problem of "over zealous" enforcement...

Break that compromise and you might find the public awake and unwilling to compromise next time... The vast majority of HCP holders don't understand the difference between an exception and a defense... Do something stupid to highlight that difference and the voters may demand changes to the law.

• Administrator

From what little I've read about the guy that almost sounds like his end goal. It seems he wants to become a "martyr" for the same cause he hurts while claiming to help.

I don't think much of anyone so selfish as to give ammo to the grabbers just to make a statement, there are plenty of positive ways to excercise rights without having to resort to antics more befitting a lunatic.

Any of you who think he's doing this #### for the pro-gun crowd are completely missing the point. It's not about you, or us, or the 2nd Amendment. It's about money. It's about him trolling for a lawsuit so that he can make bank and stop working as a nurse. Whichever law enforcement officer or HCP holder finally smokes this clown is going to end up on the receiving end of a tremendous lawsuit either filed by him or his surviving family ... which is almost certainly the end-game he's hoping for.

Officers do not do whatever they can to trick someone into breaking the law.

As far as the radar traps statement, don't speed and it should not matter if the officer is hidden or not. Don't run red lights and you won't get your picture taken for a ticket. Don't break the law and you will probably never have to explain anything to an officer because you will never be questioned. When someone is being questioned by an officer it is because there is a reason.

People break the law then blame anyone other than themselves for the consequences. That is one thing that has really bothered me recently, people do not want to take responsibility for their own actions. It is everybody else's fault except their own.

Dolomite

Umm, I used to be a police officer, and I know quite well what they are known for doing. I've known good cops and bad cops, unfortunately, and known way too many of the latter than the former, and I've seen way too much corruption by the cops, judges, and prosecutors in city courts both here and in Missouri. There are reasons why there's case laws against entrapment, and it wasn't because the judges did it for the Sh!ts and giggles of it.

You forget, the Officer had a valid reason to stop him. It is illegal to carry in the state. The defense is a carry permit. So, by merely carrying a firearm openly, there was a valid reason to stop him. Add to the fact he appeared to have a rifle, an illegal item to carry, they had TWO reasons to stop him.

As David pointed out, he was not attempting to forward 2nd A rights, he was attempting to line his pockets.

For a lot of these cases he has filed, he has NOT hired an attorney. What is the saying about being your own attorney? What does it say when the professional establishment won't touch your cases, for the most part?

Also, the State has revoked his carry permit. Which he has appealed in court, and lost. Twice, if I remember.

Due to his attempts to seek $, he has damaged our rights, as he has set precedent in court, which can be used against other permit and gun owners.

Edited by HvyMtl

Ah thanks OS, for the correction. I thought he had claimed to have gone to court over it, in another forum, which he lost privileges to post in. Kinda hard to keep up with him, as he keeps getting banned from forums.

Ah thanks OS, for the correction. I thought he had claimed to have gone to court over it, in another forum, which he lost privileges to post in. Kinda hard to keep up with him, as he keeps getting banned from forums.

When the TNDOS hearing was scheduled (and best I remember, was rescheduled due to weather), at any rate, when it came up, he was involved with the constitutional right to carry lawsuit, that would make a HCP unnecessary and chose to fully play that hand rather than contest getting his HCP back, which was as dumb as any decision he made.

- OS

Well.. he got what he wanted.. notoriety and attention.. bad or otherwise.. everyone knows about this assclown now..

He accomplished as much years ago --- he has been perma banned from nearly every firearms forum and that takes dedication, effort, and time to accomplish, I doubt I could duplicate that feat in a year's time.

39-17-1319 handgun possession prohibited — Exceptions.

39-17-1319. handgun possession prohibited — Exceptions. (a) As used in this section and § 39-17-1320, unless the context otherwise requires:(1) “handgun†means a pistol, revolver, or other firearm of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which any shot, bullet, or other missile can be discharged, the length of the barrel of which, not including any revolving, detachable, or magazine breech, does not exceed twelve inches (12²);

MIke, what about Thompson Center Contenders. You can buy 14" barrels for these. What are they considered if you have a 14" barrel on your contender? I guess what I am asking is what does the law call a pistol with a barrel longer than 12"?

Thanks

It would either be an "AOW" (any other weapon) or a "SBR" (short barrel rifle). I think the TC would be SBR with a 14 inch barrel installed, but I am not 100% sure. AOW is the catch all category, if it fails to meet the SBR rules somehow.

Which means you would have to pay $200 & register the gun with the BATFE to get a paper saying you can have it....

Edited by Jonnin

It would either be an "AOW" (any other weapon) or a "SBR" (short barrel rifle). I think the TC would be SBR with a 14 inch barrel installed, but I am not 100% sure. AOW is the catch all category, if it fails to meet the SBR rules somehow.

Which means you would have to pay $200 & register the gun with the BATFE to get a paper saying you can have it....

No those are federal firearm classifications. The state just wont let you carry a handgun with over a 12" barrel. It would only be an SBR if you put a stock on it and an AOW if the barrel was less than 18" and a smoothbore.

People own and use Contenders with 14" barrels on pistol frames all the time to hunt with.

Edited by nightrunner

I think they have a semi unspoken exception for the Contender pistols.