Who carries a full sized gun?

I want to carry my full size ruger. Wondering who carries one and what kind of holster is best. I want it to be concealed though. I dont mind a little print.

I carry my P226 almost every where I go but I carry it concealed with an IWB holster. I just like carrying it better than my P229.

I used to carry a p229 in a comptac minotaur IWB holster @ about the 4 o'clock position. Although the size did not bother me at all, the weight got annoying. Carrying a lighter gun is much more pleasurable.

Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe all day long. Just got an email today saying its on its way in the mail. I carry a full size M&P 9mm and have been carrying it inside of my waistband, no holster (nothing in the chamber) for about a month now. Based on how well it conceals this way I have no doubt the crossbreed will work great. Ive had a crossbreed before and they are extremely comfortable to the point I forget i am even wearing it. Ill tell you how mine works when it comes in a couple of days.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

What do you consider full sized? I carry my Ruger P95 sometimes in cooler weather (when thicker cover garments aren't too warm) but to my understanding the P95 is actually considered a 'compact' pistol.

At any rate, it is fairly bulky and heavier than my other carry guns so I didn't think I'd be able to carry it comfortably. Then I tried carrying it in an OWB leather belt slide holster that holds it fairly high (with the trigger about even with the belt line) and tight to my side. That makes the weight balance comfortable and actually makes it fairly easy to conceal under something like an unbuttoned, untucked denim shirt.

Edited by JAB

I carry a .45 Beretta Cougar in a pancake holster without any problems at all. It's really comfortable, holds tight against my body, and doesn't wiggle or move at all. I've found that pancake holsters are the most comfortable for me when carring full size pistols.

Edited by luvmyberetta

Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe all day long. Just got an email today saying its on its way in the mail. I carry a full size M&P 9mm and have been carrying it inside of my waistband, no holster (nothing in the chamber) for about a month now. Based on how well it conceals this way I have no doubt the crossbreed will work great. Ive had a crossbreed before and they are extremely comfortable to the point I forget i am even wearing it. Ill tell you how mine works when it comes in a couple of days.

I have the exact same setup and I've been carrying it for a year. A good holster and belt goes a long way. I even wear it with my polo shirts tucked in and no one has ever noticed.

i use to carry a full size xd40 but got tired of it showing under the bottom of my shirt or getting in the way while driving.i switched over to the xd40 sub compact with a galco king tuck iwb holster

Edited by dou44

Wow--you just admited to mexi carry on the interwebs. Anyway, i carry a G19 or Sig 229 in the winter. The belt is the key. Get a gun belt and a good holster.

Wow--you just admited to mexi carry on the interwebs. Anyway, i carry a G19 or Sig 229 in the winter. The belt is the key. Get a gun belt and a good holster.

Not that I wanted to carry that way but you gotta do whatcha gotta do! Crossbreed takes several weeks to make you a holster! :) I haven't done that much as I open carry most of the time in a Safariland ALS holster.

I want to carry my full size ruger. Wondering who carries one and what kind of holster is best. I want it to be concealed though. I dont mind a little print.

I have a ruger sr40 and lcp .380. It really depends on what I am wearing that day. Is I have gym shorts or need to make sure it is not seen I carry my .380. If I am in jeans and keep my shirt untucked, I carry my sr40. I try and carry my 40 as much as I can

Guest twpayne75

Appendix carry is your friend if you want to carry a full size gun and not print. There is an old saying that carrying a gun is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable. Appendix carry you have both.

My current carry gun is an HK P30. Considered a compact because of slide length, which has very little to do with CC. It is the length of a G19. But it has a full size grip. My last few carry guns over the years have been Sig 220s, 226s, Glock 17, HK P2000 for a little while until getting a P30. I have a P30L headed me way now, I will carry it in the same manner. My job consists of me standing next to people that are sitting with their heads and my waist level. I have never had any worry of someone seeing it print. I will guarantee to any of you, if you walked up to me while carrying my P30, or any other full size gun in this position, you would never find it. I will post a few pictures I took for another site carrying appendix. This is with the P2000. But the same principles apply for any gun. Not every holster works for every person. I have gone through many AIWB holsters. Only one I have found that works for me is my Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Slim. Which is in the pictures.

119.jpg

118.jpg

117.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg