Saw an interesting OC today

Guest Nunya

Guest Nunya

Dude was carrying a Glock 17 in a slide holster (no retention) OC riding a Goldwing down the interstate.

He was riding with a group of 5, was the lead bike, and no one else was carrying.

I have no problem with open carry, each to his own and it's legal.  Was just a little shocking to look over and see that beside me on the interstate.

Guest Nunya

That's the kind of thing that could make some Ontario-type have an accident if they notice.  :lol:

Yeah, this made me want to ride along near them and watch.  If my 15 year old (with learner's permit) hadn't been driving, I might have.

Sweet, people should oc, it should not be a shocker it is there right.

I wish more people open carried. Guns will continue to be the target of liberal hatred until they go back to be as normal as someone wearing shoes. The only way to stop people from having an irrational fear of guns is if they see then everyday, and realize that a gun is only a tool, just like a multi tool or a hammer.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere
  • Like 3

I wish more people open carried. Guns will continue to be the target of liberal hatred until they go back to be as normal as someone wearing shoes. The only way to stop people from having an irrational fear of guns is if they see then everyday, and realize that a gun is only a tool, just like a multi tool or a hammer.

+1

I rarely OC but when I do I ALWAYS have someone notice and almost always have someone comment. I could probably wear a lampshade or traffic cone and garner less attention these days than when I OC. Even though I have not been clean shaven in YEARS, and look scruffy most days, I get comments wanting to know which agency I work for.

+1

I rarely OC but when I do I ALWAYS have someone notice and almost always have someone comment. I could probably wear a lampshade or traffic cone and garner less attention these days than when I OC. Even though I have not been clean shaven in YEARS, and look scruffy most days, I get comments wanting to know which agency I work for.

I hope you tell them your an agent for the NRA / TGO
I never OC on purpose except when I drop something, pick it up, and my shirt sticks to my belly on the way up :)
I have OC carried on those days where it heated up unexpectedly and had to swith to the t-shirt under my long sleeve. I prefer concealment but I am not going to run home to change if it gets hot outside, and I'm not leaving it in the truck either. OC doesn't bother me except a couple of guys I have seen, looked like they were flaunting it like a girl showing off a new boob job lol. Maybe new HCP holders and just excited, I don't know.

OC doesn't bother me except a couple of guys I have seen, looked like they were flaunting it like a girl showing off a new boob job lol. Maybe new HCP holders and just excited, I don't know.

I'm with you there.  I don't OC, but don't mind when others do.  It does amaze me sometimes how they 'present' themselves.  Most of the time when I see someone doing so, they are dressed up all tacticool or looking kinda like a nutjob.  Most often OCers that I see are wearing their black BDU pants and some sort of logo T.  I was behind a guy in the grocery line once who was OCing his Hi Point in a nylon shoulder rig with a few extra mags and a couple of 'Handgun Permit' badges dangling from it.  Whatever happened to understated stylishness?

• Like 1

I'm with you there.  I don't OC, but don't mind when others do.  It does amaze me sometimes how they 'present' themselves.  Most of the time when I see someone doing so, they are dressed up all tacticool or looking kinda like a nutjob.  Most often OCers that I see are wearing their black BDU pants and some sort of logo T.  I was behind a guy in the grocery line once who was OCing his Hi Point in a nylon shoulder rig with a few extra mags and a couple of 'Handgun Permit' badges dangling from it.  Whatever happened to understated stylishness?

Why in the heck didn't you snap a picture so we could see it? :)

It seems to me, some of the descriptions of OC that's been presented here, is BS and actually does a lot more damage than anything else. I'm sure you know the ones I'm talking about.  Presentation to the public is everything in this battle we are in with Liberal Amerika.

I miss seein my Dad and his buddies carrying big revolvers when they rode motorcycles. That was when I was in high school and Dad carried a Ruger .44 Blackhawk.

Ruger 44 Blackhawk is one of favorites. I was OC'ing one of mine a few days ago. It's one of my favorite handguns to carry into the woods, and it went with me when I was turkey hunting. I only OC'd into a gas station and one other stop before I hit the woods.
  • Like 1

Ruger 44 Blackhawk is one of favorites. I was OC'ing one of mine a few days ago. It's one of my favorite handguns to carry into the woods, and it went with me when I was turkey hunting. I only OC'd into a gas station and one other stop before I hit the woods.

I know my Dad wished he still had his. He done some tradin with a good friend of his (they always traded and usually got their stuff back sooner or later) but he can't get that one back for some reason haha. I would like to buy one and drive to Missouri and say "Hey Dad, Wayne just sold me your old Ruger!" :)

I'm with you there. I don't OC, but don't mind when others do. It does amaze me sometimes how they 'present' themselves. Most of the time when I see someone doing so, they are dressed up all tacticool or looking kinda like a nutjob. Most often OCers that I see are wearing their black BDU pants and some sort of logo T. I was behind a guy in the grocery line once who was OCing his Hi Point in a nylon shoulder rig with a few extra mags and a couple of 'Handgun Permit' badges dangling from it. Whatever happened to understated stylishness?

Eh, I get the sentiment here, and surely there are folks out there like that. However, just a couple days ago I was at Rural King and saw a gentleman OCing a very nice 1911. I wouldn't have even noticed it had I not been looking at the display he was standing next to. Normal looking and nicely dressed. If I was one of those folks who tucked their shirts in all the time I'd be carrying the same way. Some folks just haven't caught up to our culture's informal fashion yet.

I couldn't agree more. The only reason I don't generally open carry is that when I'm out in town I'm generally by myself. If I'm going to be advertising that I'm armed, I want to have a buddy as a force multiplier or further deterrent from someone doing something stupid. I definitely think that more respectable people should open carry so people can see that guns don't just jump out of their holsters and shoot people.

Eh, I get the sentiment here, and surely there are folks out there like that. However, just a couple days ago I was at Rural King and saw a gentleman OCing a very nice 1911. I wouldn't have even noticed it had I not been looking at the display he was standing next to. Normal looking and nicely dressed. If I was one of those folks who tucked their shirts in all the time I'd be carrying the same way. Some folks just haven't caught up to our culture's informal fashion yet.

Understated stylishness.  I may not have even noticed him either.  Even though we as 'carriers' are more aware and likely to notice others carrying (I typically can see someone 'printing' in a Wal Mart about every trip) I'd be willing to bet even OC when done in a classy manner goes under the radar more often than not.

Guest MilitiaMan

I OC often. I do so properly (proper gun belt, holster etc). The only OC'ers that bothers me are the ones that carry with their gun flopping around. It's dangerous and just looks plain lazy.

I'll admit that what bothers me about most people in general(I do see it more here in TN then anywhere else I've lived) is stereotyping. I'm covered in tattoos, scruffy looking and generally wear jeans and works boots with some sort of untucked t-shirt. I find it amusing how I get treated and looked at as if I'm some meth head felon that just MUST have some criminal history or ties to drugs. lol While that may be how some were raised to think, that certain people look a certain way. I was not. I don't judge a book by it's cover. I judge by actions (what you say or do), if I judge at all.

When people stare and get that "I'm better than you look" on their mugs, I simply laugh and think about how small their world must truly be. Then I think about how blessed I am to have been raised the right way and now be raising my children the same right way.

I OC often. I do so properly (proper gun belt, holster etc). The only OC'ers that bothers me are the ones that carry with their gun flopping around. It's dangerous and just looks plain lazy.

I'll admit that what bothers me about most people in general(I do see it more here in TN then anywhere else I've lived) is stereotyping. I'm covered in tattoos, scruffy looking and generally wear jeans and works boots with some sort of untucked t-shirt. I find it amusing how I get treated and looked at as if I'm some meth head felon that just MUST have some criminal history or ties to drugs. lol While that may be how some were raised to think, that certain people look a certain way. I was not. I don't judge a book by it's cover. I judge by actions (what you say or do), if I judge at all.

When people stare and get that "I'm better than you look" on their mugs, I simply laugh and think about how small their world must truly be. Then I think about how blessed I am to have been raised the right way and now be raising my children the same right way.

Good belt, good holster, responsible carry mode.....classy.  Tatts, jeans/boots.....nothing wrong with that.  I don't care if you've got David Allen Coe beard dreads, if you carry like a responsible person it's still understated stylishness. 

By the same token, if someone looks like Ward Cleaver but hangs a weapon (Hi Point or not) in a big, floppy rig with a muzzle sticking out that sweeps everybody in the checkout line when reaching for a candy bar.....not classy.

So, I do agree very much....don't ever judge a book by its cover, just by actions and deeds.