I never thought I would want one of these...

.... until the nice lady at Blade Show laid it in my hand and told me it was the last one she had. My hand went to my wallet and before I knew what happened, it was in my bag.

Now I see why this is one of Spyderco's most popular models.

Spyderco Para Military 2

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/zoombah1954/8916223860/]8916223860_70435dbc4c_c.jpg[/url]

I like me some Spyderdo blades. That paramilitary is sick. Pretty sure Mac has the same one or the bigger one. It's only of the only folders that actually made me nervous when holding it. Wicked sharp blade.

That thing has a hole in it! :). I haven't warmed up to the Spyderco knives yet. When I do, it will probably be one of the military models.

I'm really a kershaw man myself, and was actually looking at a ZT, but since these are so scarce right now I couldn't pass it up. And, I got a great deal on it.

daddyo:  I like your para military!!  It looks good.  Looks to me like ya had a big time at the Blade Show.  That's why i cant go; too many temptations!!  As to spydercos; i like them.   They are light, sharp, and well made.  I EDC a FRN endura 4 in my left front pocket.  It's light, has a four inch blade, and is sharp as a razor.   I keep my ZT 200 or a ZT 700 in my hip pocket; or even an ESEE izula in a "knives ship free" pocket sheath (...looks like a wallet/sheath combination...) depending on what i pick up each mornin.  I'm a "knife junky"myself. 

Enjoy!!

leroy

ps---mike;  You really, really need a spyderco.  HEHEHE.  I think ya would like a military (...4 inch blade...).

Edited by leroy

I'm really a kershaw man myself, and was actually looking at a ZT, but since these are so scarce right now I couldn't pass it up. And, I got a great deal on it.

I'm with you on the Kershaws. Gotta have a Spyderco or two as well. So far, the Militaries have caught my eye over all the rest. Leroy has me pegged. I'll probably get the 4" blade :). One of these days, we're gonna get together and chop up a truckload of taters. :)

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

... Pretty sure Mac has the same one or the bigger one. It's only of the only folders that actually made me nervous when holding it. Wicked sharp blade.

Mine's the Military in camo: (not my pic):

C36GPCMO%5Blarge%5D.jpg

Helluva knife. But I've sort of gotten away from carrying liner or frame lock folders.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • 1 month later...

Mine's the Military in camo: (not my pic):

C36GPCMO%5Blarge%5D.jpg

Helluva knife. But I've sort of gotten away from carrying liner or frame lock folders.

- OS

I have one of these on the way. I don't own anything in camo, but this kinda grabbed me as I was going through the videos. I'm not following you on liner and frame lock though. Did you have an incident?

I have one of these on the way. I don't own anything in camo, but this kinda grabbed me as I was going through the videos. I'm not following you on liner and frame lock though. Did you have an incident?

Nope. But several  I have have failed the rap test (debatable application to real world usage), including lower end Kershaws and several Buck Vantages, including their highest end one.

No way any frame or liner lock can be as strong as other types, like various lockback and midlocks, especially with lateral force (flexing of liner or lock, not actual breakage). Cold Steel Triad seems to be the absolute strongest.

For normal cutting tasks, doesn't really matter, as even a slip joint is fine for pushing against blade away from you, but I always consider the remote outside possibility of stabbing into something hard. And there's just not much diff between best lockup with frame/liner and not touching at all, and this type of lock does wear over time -- it's the reason lots of folks want an "early" lockup, as it will wear over time to go farther toward other side of surface on blade, it's the reason the blade mating surface is beveled in that direction.

Mostly just a "thing" on my part, not really based on empirical evidence or actual usage.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Liner locks concern me a lot more than frame locks. Frame locks get stronger as you squeeze the grip. I'm not gonna spine whack any of my ZT's, but have lots of faith in them, even the liner locks. ZT's are just stout, all the way around. All my Kershaws are frame locks.

Edited by mikegideon