DOES IT HAVE TO RAIN HERE EVERY.....FRICKEN....DAY?

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

OK, who here owns the best Ark? I need to know where to go in about a week. In two months I cannot recall a day of sunshine. Not a full day anyway. 2 1/2 months ago coming back from Walmart I get caught in the worst rain I have ever seen in my life. My cousin comes down from Pa. 3 weeks ago and calls me to say he is in Knoxville, in the worst rain he has ever seen in HIS life. I'm cutting the grass every 48 hours (Bout to say hell with it).

My new bike looks pretty sitting under the carport....JUST SITTING. Every conversation with a family member here goes this way "Whats up" "Its raining". I have more Weatherbug alerts on my phone than incoming and outgoing calls.

I thought La. and MS were bad. Where's Noah? he's got to be around here somewhere.

It's better than a drought though!

Depends on who you are. I can water a garden during a drought, this rain is killing my garden and making everything rot. Not to mention its impossible to masonry work in this crap, it makes driving dangerous, and a lot of low level areas are flooding every week. The grass grows so damn fast I cant keep it cut down, everytime I climb on the mower it either threatens rain or does rain. And with a 3 acre yard, its a pain in the ass for it not to look like a hayfield. I'll take a drought anyday.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 1
I guess it depends on your situation. Being mostly unemployed I get to sit in my sun room and surf TGO and enjoy the amazing weather (lightning storms are fun). I sold my Harley last year so I know that I would have a very different outlook if I still had a bike and worked during the week.

Just be glad you don't live in Florida.....rains like this almost every day between March and October...not to mention hurricanes, mosquitoes the size of hummingbirds, gators in the lakes and the ever present humidity! East Tennessee is heaven....so glad the Mrs. and I moved north into God's country!

Has been a pretty rainy summer this year, but if it wasn't raining we'd be complaining about it being too dry.  Just think, in 16 weeks we'll be complaining about the snow.

I have started wondering if the wetness will continue into winter causing large amounts of snow.

I'm trying not to complain, although I'm going to wear my mower out before winter. Last year, it was well over 100 degrees each day for more than two weeks solid. It was so dry the leaves on the trees here dried up and fell off. I work outdoors, and much prefer this year's weather to that of last year.

There's more wild vegetation now on my three acres than SE Asia that I'm desperate to cut. It's either raining, about to rain or too wet from the rain to cut it. I'll need to bush hog it before my riding lawn mower will be able to handle it. In my 39 years of putting out a garden, I've never seen this much mold on the soil for so long and the crops did terrible.

For a limited time only, build your own ARK plans, $29.95 each, get em while their dry. I accept check, M.O., cash and personal I.O.U.'s...

I'm trying not to complain, although I'm going to wear my mower out before winter. Last year, it was well over 100 degrees each day for more than two weeks solid. It was so dry the leaves on the trees here dried up and fell off. I work outdoors, and much prefer this year's weather to that of last year.

^^^  Remember it well   ^^^

http://youtu.be/esEdC0c3YI4

I'm only Happy When it Rains!

I'm a Whitewater Kayaker, and let me tell you this has been an unusual summer. Usually we go kayaking in the winter when it rains a lot and the ground is hard, and the trees don't drink it all up. But, it's usually 35 degrees out too. Being able to kayak on these same rivers during the summer, wearing nothing but a lifejacket is AWESOME!

• Like 1

Last year when I walked through my yard, it sounded like walking on a layer of cornflakes, Now, I am afraid to walk through my yard because It's so tall and wet, I might find a jaguar or some other large predator lying in wait.... :)