Digital Ammo Counter , Really ?

When it's $39.99 on Amazon, I'll pick one up. This is no more rediculous than putting tacticool furniture on a 10/22...which is to say, I'll do it when it's cheaper. :)
I like the idea and it looks well executed but I like to minimize electronics on my guns for simplicity and batteries always seem to die at the worst times. I like the grip window better, no parts to fail but I would make the cut much narrower to keep dirt out. Even on a rifle I would prefer windowed mags.

On second look, the indicator should be on the left where it would be easier to see. Might be good for competition? Edited by Romad7

I hear for the updated 2.0 version that releases in 2014 will have electrodes to give you a "tactile stimulus" for when your round count gets low.  You know ... for when you're too busy aiming and shooting to be bothered by reading the digital display.  The shocks will come at ever increasing levels starting at 7 rounds left.  Just a fair warning ... you DON'T want to shoot the last round out of the 2.0 version. 

[URL=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/ldugsjr1986/media/Picture1_zpse32d62f5.png.html]Picture1_zpse32d62f5.png[/URL]

• Like 2

I'm going to get flamed but I think it's cool I'm surprised no one has come up with something like it sooner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is cool and for cheap (and I mean cheap) I would put it on a toy. In a real tactical situation, slide lock or top off.

Guest The Itis

I remember seeing an old military rifle that had a 5 shot internal mag but it also had a tiny analog display that showed round count. It's bugging me that I can't remember which rifle it was.

I have to admit, I'm terrible on computer games for charging into situations with one round left in the magazine.

Then again, in computer games, you tend to be encouraged to spam-reload since if you always refill from some nebulous glob of ammo. Do that in real life and you'd either be dropping ammo or carrying around magazines in random states of fullness.

Guest The Itis

The few games that actually tried to incorporate the realistic effect of tracking both ammo and magazines didn't jive with the gaming kids. The video game status quo on how ammo is dealt with won't be changing for a long time.