Have we all really lost our mind? "Elementary school outlaws playing tag"

NRA

New Groningen kindergarten teachers in Grand Rapids, Michigan caused some consternation amongst parents recently with a letter they sent home that banned the game of tag and other chase-oriented games. The letter described the problem of children, "running in packs, pushing, knocking other children over, and making the game dangerous," which as we recall, was half the fun of the game. "We want our children to treat each other with respect, kindness, and with safety in mind," said Ginger Smith, community relationship manager for Zeeland Public Schools, on Friday, in an attempt to clarify the situation. Apparently, neither the school nor the district have received any direct complaints from parents regarding the policy, but at least one did contact the media. [Source]

http://now.msn.com/zeeland-public-school-in-outlaws-tag-chasing-running-in-packs/

Soon it will be mandatory for all kids to wear helmets outside of their home......then it will be helmets 24/7 or face a fine. We are so screwed. I really feel bad for my 5 year old nephew and what he will have to deal with as a young adult, if we as a species makes it that long.

a co workers daughter is student teaching this year.

She had a game for the music students to play. 

However she got written up because there was a way for a student to lose.  She was told she needs to revamp the game so no one's feeling get hurt.

Guest TresOsos

"We want our children to treat each other with respect, kindness, and with safety in mind," said Ginger Smith

In other words we want to raise a society of obedient pussies.

The "adults" of this country really need to stop taking out their frustrations on the children. Beating the crap out of each other is part of growing up.

As well as being a loser. The reason why some of these kids have the problems they do is the parents do not prepare their kids for failure. Then when that 14, 15, 16 or 17 year old fails for the first time they loose it and either hurt themselves or others. Every child should be allowed to fail, even at an extremely early age. The more accustomed with failure the better they will cope with it later in life.

As well as the fact no one can demand respect. The only way to get respect is to earn it. A lot of problems today is people think they are entitled to, and demand, respect but it is not an entitlement and cannot be demanded.
  • Like 2

Title of this post

"Have we all really lost our mind?"

With crap like this

"Elementary school outlaws playing tag"

YES  :screwy:

Edited by greenego
Guest ThePunisher

Shoot, one of my most favorite games in grade school was Smear the Queer!  And we played tackle!

You would be charged with hate crimes if you did that now. People have become stupid in our country really fast. It's mind boggling to try to understand what has happened to the concept of common sense. There must be something to this thing called Zombism.
Guest TresOsos

I really don't think a revolution is going to happen or that their are enough good people left to win one.

I think the best thing would be an ELE.

Ok, yep, it's all over with now. This has got to be the most assinine, insidious assault on American senses so far.

Sheesh!

Hell, we had a kid who was permanently on crutches who played tag with us in 2nd grade and the only difference was that sometimes we'd deliberately slow down a little or "accidentally slip" when he got close to us, or miss tagging him by an inch or two, so we could nail someone else.

No one wants to be a loser?! Call the freakin wa-a-a-a-a-a-mbulance! The only losers we had were the ones who wouldn't play and if you made an effort (like the kid on the crutches who always tried harder than anyone else), then you were at least equal, no matter how many times you were tagged.

All I can say is we'd better hope to God that aren't any wars when this generation grows up because the first time someone throws dirt on their combat boots the America of the future is going to start crying and whining and saying, "That's not fair, I quit!!!" and someone else who was taught from childhood that life isn't fair will take over and it'll be the end. I'm convinced now that that day is coming. I just hope that I'm not around to see it because I don't think I'll be able to stand the heartbreak...

:shake:

• Like 1