TGO Lowers - Santa Claus is coming!

MacGyver

You know the story. If one of my vendors says something is in stock, I order it, and they put it in a box and send it. Palmetto bug doesn't do that, so they ain't one of my vendors. Their stuff is OK, but they're ####ty business people. I would rather pay a little more more to Joebob, BCM, Primary Arms, etc. It's not worth the 40 bucks to put up with them. Like I said, that's just me. You can get a crack whore to do amazing things for 60 bucks, if she was only capable of amazing things :)

Ha, quite the wordsmith as always. I haven't had issues with them as of yet. I just placed my third order from them the other day and they were pretty responsive. They emailed me two days after the order to let me know that my FFL on file has expired, which seemed like a reasonable response time since it takes a human, not a machine, to follow up in something like that.

I ordered from them during the panic and was given a 4 week expected delivery time, which was also understandable, but they shipped in less than two. Commo back and forth with them regarding FFL was all very timely. I'm about to order a Hipertouch kit from them on Monday, so we'll see how that goes.

Where are you getting your crack whores, by the way? I can refer you to a much cheaper source... occasional half and half in exchange for a sample of clean urine.

They may be getting better. I just won't deal with somebody that takes 2-3 weeks to ship an "In stock" item, at least not if it's going to hold up a build. It has nothing to do with the quality of their stuff. The quality is good. I did finally get my lower from them. Sold it to a friend in the Kroger parking lot.

I'm about to order a Hipertouch kit from them on Monday, so we'll see how that goes.

Let us know if that trigger is the new hotness. It seems like a pretty good deal when it's on sale...

Let us know if that trigger is the new hotness. It seems like a pretty good deal when it's on sale...

I'm gonna do some serious shooting around late November using the Hipertouch in a 5.56 and a .22 with a Slidefire. I'll likely post a review after that.

From looking at the picture of the lower I am surprised the laser work engraving is done before the polishing of the lower. Is the lower polished before the coating or does it make the cutting swirls just disappear ?

I've had a bunch of aluminum cut with a CNC laser cutter in the past. It leaves a small burr. Don't know about an engraver for sure, but I'm betting it does too.

Guest Lester Weevils
Now to find a correct handed upper for a buy latter.

That CMT upper has what appears to be a very beefy shell deflector machined-in, which ought to make it purt safe for lefties without too many dings to the forehead. Thats what I'm hoping anyway, since I shoot leftie.

That CMT upper has what appears to be a very beefy shell deflector machined-in, which ought to make it purt safe for lefties without too many dings to the forehead. Thats what I'm hoping anyway, since I shoot leftie.

Shell deflectors seem to work just fine. I'm still glad I was born with my affliction :)

Guest Lester Weevils

Try shooting my bullpup. It hates lefties, just ask Mark.

Is that the MSAR STG? Think I recall you have one of those.

I switched my STG-556 to leftie. Was simple even for me, just needed the left hand bolt. I kept the right hand bolt just in case I ever sell the rifle but I never sell anything.

Dunno the ejection pattern for the right hand bolt, but the leftie bolt has very energetic extraction nearly straight back. Was shooting it from under a covered range and OneManCoyote pointed out to me that one of the ejected cases had embedded itself pointy-end-first rather firmly into the pressure-treat wood several feet behind my shooting position.

So I got to worrying that if somebody was standing behind me and got hit they might not be too happy about it, especially if they got hit in the face with no eye protection. So I bought one of those plastic clip-on brass deflectors made for the MSAR, and it works great. Aims all the brass into the dirt a couple or three feet to my left, maybe 10 o'clock position. It is ambi, and can be clipped on to deflect brass for the rightie configuration as well.

Without the deflector, a rightie shooting my MSAR wouldn't be happy except maybe wearing a full face shield.

"The Grendels" :)

I want a long-range shooter with this. I need to do a little more research on the cartridge. How much loss of performance you think there would be with an 18" rifle gas bbl vs a 20" or 20"+.

was wondering the same thing MIke...

If a 5.56 rifle config is gassed correctly and extractor/ejector is in spec, kicks 'em out at 3:00-4:30, so integral shell deflector should never get a mark on it. (Other calibers the same?)

Would seem to me to be fairly disconcerting lefty shooting an AR pistol if using the buffer against the cheek as third point of contact, as there ain't much distance between face and 4:00-4:30 angle. I know Mike.357 doesn't like shooting mine that way.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot