Travon's Amendment

http://www.trayvonsamendment.com/

The 28th Amendment

The 28th Amendment, as drafted, will implement a series of common sense gun laws and implement new revenue streams for Americans.

The 12 provisions below will work to make America a more safe place by eliminating the obviously failed experiment that is the second amendment.

1. The second amendment of the Constitution of the United States, being no longer necessary to a secure state is hereby nullified.
  2. The production and sale of new firearms, being defined as a rifle, pistol, or other gun, will be disallowed until a time in which the number of firearms in circulation is equal to 50% of the population as determined by the Census.
  3. No gun may reside in the same building as anyone who has failed a mental health evaluation, as performed by a medical professional, as approved by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare).
  4. A mental health examination, as performed by a medical professional approved by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) must be passed in order to receive a firearms license.
  5. An income tax equal to 4% of an individual’s income will be assessed by all gun owners.  In states which were at any point in time a part of the Confederate States of America, this tax shall be equal to 10% of an individual’s income.  Taxes levied under this amendment shall be appropriated in equal portions to programs to expand Affirmative Action programs and begin to pay reparations to the descendants of African slaves.
  6. Any person making the choice to own a firearm must carry $250,000 worth of liability insurance for each weapon owned.  This insurance must be provided by a publicly owned insurance company to be established.
  7. All firearms must be retrofitted with both a global positioning transmitter as well as a fingerprint activated locking mechanism.  Failure to comply with this provision will result in a fine, prison time, and forfeiture of the privilege of firearm ownership.
  8. The National Rifle Association, Michigan Militia, and other “gun rights” groups shall be considered terrorist operations.
  9. United States Marshals will be randomly placed at various “sporting venues,” where a firearm could be otherwise legally discharged.  This could include publicly or privately owned venues where the following (but not limited to) take place:  hunting areas, shooting ranges.
  10. In a calendar year, no person may buy more than 100 rounds of ammunition.
  11. Assault rifles, semi-automatic, and automatic weapons, as well as those not fitted with GPS and trigger locking devices will be immediately seized by the government.  The owner will be compensated fair market value of the weapon, minus the cost of the seizure operation.
  12. President Obama will establish a Secretary of Firearm management.  This office will have final say over future gun regulation to prevent against rampant innovation that was not forseen by the second amendment.
You’ve seen our very easy to implement common sense solutions!

I swear, if these people hate guns so much why don't they just move to Illinois where they have strict gun control laws.

Every violent nutcase that makes the news, every presidential assassin, every screed such as the above - all leftists.  All that being a given, if someone (quite reasonably, in my opinion) took one literally and dropped him where he stood, the consensus seems to be that it would be a bad thing.

Why is that?

I swear, if these people hate guns so much why don't they just move to Illinois where they have strict gun control laws.

You are a day late and a dollar short. The 7th Federal District ruled Illinois gun ban illegal. And the Illinois Supreme Court just ruled that handgun carry off your property is a Constitutional Right. Illinois may become the next Constitutional carry state while here in Tennessee we argue about parking lots and how we need to take “small steps”.

You are a day late and a dollar short. The 7th Federal District ruled Illinois gun ban illegal. And the Illinois Supreme Court just ruled that handgun carry off your property is a Constitutional Right. Illinois may become the next Constitutional carry state while here in Tennessee we argue about parking lots and how we need to take “small steps”.

Forced into it from the outside. I wouldn't call it fixed yet.

I was tempted to go through that point by point with wittily written comments but it's just simply not worth it. They even get the wording of 2A wrong in their point #1. And I'm not aware that Trayvon the thug was shot at a sporting event. It seems like they got what they wanted with #10 though. Where is my .22lr?

Lol go big or go home, I like the optimism.

Hmm ... I would prefer

you have the right to be shot and killed if you attack a gun owner. 

Don't need all them extra words or whatnots, keep it simple.

Edited by Jonnin

I was tempted to go through that point by point with wittily written comments but it's just simply not worth it. They even get the wording of 2A wrong in their point #1. And I'm not aware that Trayvon the thug was shot at a sporting event. It seems like they got what they wanted with #10 though. Where is my .22lr?

That kinda blew up in there faces too. Lots of people are ratholing lots of ammo now. Turns their pants wetting dribble into a steady stream.

The 1st rule of Troll Club is to know when your reading a Troll.

Not only a troll but I'd be willing to bet whoever wrote it is of moderate to right political standing. It has a particular stink of something written from within to excite the masses.
  • Like 2