I Sure Do Miss Him

runco

Eight years of Dubya and look where we are now. 

Yup. Patriot Act stuff is perhaps the most significant infringement on overall rights in our history, really a giant leap forward for the Big Brother State.

Also, Dubya said he sign extension of the AUB AWB if Congress authorized it and was also for universal background checks.

Fortunately, he was too dumb to do nearly the damage that BHO has, and without Cheney's evil brain would likely have been quite a bit even more benign. Though I'll always consider both as war criminals for Iraq.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 6

Yup. Patriot Act stuff is perhaps the most significant infringement on overall rights in our history, really a giant leap forward for the Big Brother State.

Also, Dubya said he sign extension of the AUB if Congress authorized it and was also for universal background checks.

Fortunately, he was too dumb to do nearly the damage that BHO has, and without Cheney's evil brain would have been quite benign indeed.

- OS

Did you mean AWB?  Also, I wasn't aware that he supported the background checks. I was thinking about this the other day. Republicans who don't support the 2nd amendment scare me more than the democrats that attack it. Think about it, there are many Rhinos out there that only voted against it a few months back to piss off Obama. If Romney was in the White House and decided to pass additional gun control I firmly believe he would have support from some of the repubs in congress.

W had his faults for sure and the war in Iraqi was more a Chenny war than a W war but W got the blame for it just the same........jmho  At least W didn't try and force folks to do things they didn't want to such as Obama is doing with the ACA. W never wanted to be a dictator but did want to be a President. I often wonder what would have happened had Obama been in office on 9/11/2001?????

You know I was thinking while on the crapper this morning what a stark contrast to the two men.  I read a story on Fox News that Obama visited the troops on Christmas day (in Hawaii), and later played golf close by.  How many times did I read over the years that Bush visited the troops while in harms way?  What a contrast of the two men!

Fox News article:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/26/obama-pays-visit-to-troops-in-hawaii-christmas-day/?intcmp=latestnews

Guest Lester Weevils

Probably right. The light at the end of the tunnel can be an oncoming train -- named The Hildebeest.Special.

So I started a small nuclear war... What difference does it make? :)