Ammo cans of 9mm and 5.56

Seems to be the one thing that stays on the shelf. I've seen at least 1 or 2 cans worth of both at 3 different Wally worlds in the last 2 weeks.

The elusive 22 has yet to be spotted, lately.

Edited by oldman

What kind of 9mm costs $497 for 1200 rounds, other than high dollar hollow-points?

The overpriced kind. My local store had several of these cases come in. The sold 1 or 2 to someone who either doesn't care of doesn't know any better. The rest have been sitting on the shelves for weeks.

The 420 round cans of 5.56 are $199. Up from $169 in 2012.

The Old Fort WalMart in Murfreesboro has had cans of 9mm and .223 the last handful of times I was there but like others here, I noticed it was quite high

ZQ they are proud of it was in Bristol too today had 50 round boxes was $23 or $24 per 50 can't remember for sure. Looks like Walmart is catching up with the gun show prices. Don't think we will ever see prices back to what they were before.

Jason

We may and may not see it come all the way back down but if we don't it will be because of things like, shutting the last lead smelter down and things of that nature. While it is fairly easy to find .223/5.56 right now, there isn't nearly as much or as wide of a variety as there used to be so there is still a "shortage". It may take a while but once all the manufactures get caught up and maybe do some expanding in order to satisfy all of the new gun owners, the price will fall back down more. The .223 hasn't been easily available to all areas for very long now and the prices have already fallen substantially compared to 7-8 months ago and I look for the price to continue down some more as shelves get further populated. Of course i'm not factoring in the insanely high probability of our coward in chief flapping his gums about gun control again, setting off another 1-2yr long fiasco like we are slowly coming out of.. 

I bought a 350 value pack of Blazer Brass 115gr fmj for $119 + tax at GM last month which included the plastic ammo "can"

WM is doing a GREAT job of getting less and less of my money.

Note: in my travels 124gr "NATO" 9mm has always been more pricey than 115...

Edited by Gotthegoods

I bought a 350 value pack of Blazer Brass 115gr fmj for $119 + tax at GM last month which included the plastic ammo "can"

WM is doing a GREAT job of getting less and less of my money.

Note: in my travels 124gr "NATO" 9mm has always been more pricey than 115...

Friday I bought 3 100 packs of WWB for $28.98 out the door, which is considerably better than $119 + tax for 350. Just have to get it where you can.

Friday I bought 3 100 packs of WWB for $28.98 out the door, which is considerably better than $119 + tax for 350. Just have to get it where you can.

Yep, that's the truth. And I'm gonna start looking again. Had stopped with all the "morning buyers" hogging it all.

I was at WM Turkey Creek earlier today.

I wasn't looking for ammo, but the missus was getting her hair 'done", so I got to jaw-jacking with the manager in the sporting goods section. He's a good guy and we've had quite a few conversations over the past few years. I very rarely purchase ammo, but always enjoy talking guns and ammo with folks.

fwiw he told me he's seeing less and less of the re-sellers. Believe me they do know who the resellers are.

We got to talking about the 9mm and 5.56 ammo mentioned above.

The 9mm looks to be 124 gr NATO spec with green primer sealant. Nice looking rounds. The ones in the ammo cans (new production milspec Turkish cans) are in 200 round battle paks. Very heavy duty packaging.

I didn't have enough time to check out the 5.56 as the missus beckoned. :pleased:

A little research yields:

ZQI is exclusive US distributor for MKEK.

MKEK is a Turkish government owned collection of companies that produce military goods.

Translation: Turkish military ammo

Then Turkey must have the finest equipped military in the world judging from those prices.

I've had good luck with Freedom Munitions for 9mm. Prices are typically around $15 for 50 rnds. http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/53970.htm

P&H costs are reasonable and no TN sales tax. Now, if I could find a consistent source for 30-30 ammo, I'd be a happy camper.

It's a shame shipping is so high for ammo because Outpost Armory has kept 30/30 in stock pretty solid with the exception of the first 2 months after Sandy Hook. 

• Like 1

No 30-30 at Outpost now. Open to other suggestions.

Really? I've seen 30-30 on the shelves there pretty much constantly and in multiple flavors.. I don't do any ammo shopping but i'll keep an eye out and report back when I see it show back up.

I was at WM Turkey Creek earlier today.

I wasn't looking for ammo, but the missus was getting her hair 'done", so I got to jaw-jacking with the manager in the sporting goods section. He's a good guy and we've had quite a few conversations over the past few years. I very rarely purchase ammo, but always enjoy talking guns and ammo with folks.

fwiw he told me he's seeing less and less of the re-sellers. Believe me they do know who the resellers are.

We got to talking about the 9mm and 5.56 ammo mentioned above.

The 9mm looks to be 124 gr NATO spec with green primer sealant. Nice looking rounds. The ones in the ammo cans (new production milspec Turkish cans) are in 200 round battle paks. Very heavy duty packaging.

I didn't have enough time to check out the 5.56 as the missus beckoned. :pleased:

So your saying if someone wanted to bury some with a few glocks, it would be a good buy.

LOL!