Not paing attention.

RC3

First,  I would have not posted this, what if there was a hit and run with this accident?  You just made it quite easy for someone to connect the dots.  Way to go.  What about damage to what was hit.  Likely was a guardrail, but may not have been.  Finally, keep your keys in in possession at all times.  Agree with others, need new friends.  They certainly was not a friend to you. 

When I did things such as hang out at places with copious alcohol consumption, we always took everyone's keys.  NO ONE got their keys back who didn't need to be driving.

That said... I assume you own the RX8 (sweet car!).  If it's your car, your insurance covers it.  Car insurance covers the car, regardless of who's driving it.  Did someone take it and wreck it, or did someone hit it while it was parked?  Either way, I think a police report is in order. 

• Moderators

I took 

First,  I would have not posted this, what if there was a hit and run with this accident?  You just made it quite easy for someone to connect the dots.  Way to go.  What about damage to what was hit.  Likely was a guardrail, but may not have been.  Finally, keep your keys in in possession at all times.  Agree with others, need new friends.  They certainly was not a friend to you. 

When I did things such as hang out at places with copious alcohol consumption, we always took everyone's keys.  NO ONE got their keys back who didn't need to be driving.

That said... I assume you own the RX8 (sweet car!).  If it's your car, your insurance covers it.  Car insurance covers the car, regardless of who's driving it.  Did someone take it and wreck it, or did someone hit it while it was parked?  Either way, I think a police report is in order. 

I took it that the damaged car is RC3's. It was parked at a friends house. When one of his friends was leaving, they did the above damaged and then got as far away from there as quickly as possible. Nobody has confessed which one of them sideswiped him, and he has invited a few of them over because he knows one of their vehicles has some damage on it.

• Like 1
Fuck a whole lot of that. Time to start driving by your "friends" houses and work until you find the car with the damage. Pop all 4 tires and throw a brick through all the windows. Don't forget to leave a note.

"Dearest friend, I know what you have done. All of our mutual friends know what you have done. In about twenty minutes the police will know what you've done, as will your parents, spouse, children, pastor etc. yours most sincerely, RC3."

Or the above but instead of going all cray-cray on them, call the popo.

You pick.

yea thats a bit more than a did not see/hear/feel anything 'bump' on the way out that was blurred by booze.  That was a substantial smack and crunch.  If they were so drunk they did not notice THAT, which is possible, it is amazing no other incidents came from it.   And if it has been 48 hours without anyone trying to figure out who or what they hit, the person is avoiding responsibility.  

I would call the police on that one, tell them everyone who was there, and let them do the legwork.  Then call your insurance. Both ASAP, waiting is bad in this sort of thing.

For damage that substantial, I'd have called the police that night and had a report on file for my insurance. I can see not wanting friends to get in trouble for leaving the scene, but they aren't friends if they DID leave the scene.

Call me a jerk, but I even called the police to report that my own 16 yr old daughter took one of our cars without permission. She hit our mailbox on the way out of the driveway and damaged the car. I'm a strong believer in tough love.

Negative. I learned young to sh##can "friends" that were destructive and didnt care to cover their destructiveness. We all make mistakes, but we're expected to own up to those mistakes. A friend that can't do that is the exact opposite of a friend.
  • Like 6

Negative. I learned young to sh##can "friends" that were destructive and didnt care to cover their destructiveness. We all make mistakes, but we're expected to own up to those mistakes. A friend that can't do that is the exact opposite of a friend.

+1

A true friend would tell you to call the cops and give you the option of not calling. Our last truck was hit 3 seperate times, with two being serious, and those that did it just drove off. Our current truck had someone back into it and then the driver fled on foot when I called the cops.

This is the second time I drove the car. Found out, it wasnt one of them but some asshole out of florida that came to visit. My insurance will not cover it since I didnt transfer the car prior to this. My audi is insured, but the RX8 isnt since it was getting some work done. Get it back and back to the shop. I was not driving the car and only found out a few hours later after most had left. Do not want to lose my license with a DUI. Found all the parts and the shop will take care of it. And now it will have a savage tittle tho :(   At least the damn frame is fine and is just a few body panels and the rear bumper. And my dad let me borrow the back up car that is a toyota corolla. The audi has vacuum issues and now I am stuck driving a good, cheap on gas and automatic car. If it was a manual, that wouldnt be so bad. 

Edited by RC3

#### a whole lot of that. Time to start driving by your "friends" houses and work until you find the car with the damage. Pop all 4 tires and throw a brick through all the windows. Don't forget to leave a note.

"Dearest friend, I know what you have done. All of our mutual friends know what you have done. In about twenty minutes the police will know what you've done, as will your parents, spouse, children, pastor etc. yours most sincerely, RC3."

Or the above but instead of going all cray-cray on them, call the popo.

You pick.

I thought about that, but I would end up in jail for major destruction of property charges. Just slashing the tires and throwing a brink would not have been enough.

This is the second time I drove the car. Found out, it wasnt one of them but some asshole out of florida that came to visit. My insurance will not cover it since I didnt transfer the car prior to this. My audi is insured, but the RX8 isnt since it was getting some work done. Get it back and back to the shop. I was not driving the car and only found out a few hours later after most had left. Do not want to lose my license with a DUI. Found all the parts and the shop will take care of it. And now it will have a savage tittle tho :(   At least the damn frame is fine and is just a few body panels and the rear bumper. And my dad let me borrow the back up car that is a toyota corolla. The audi has vacuum issues and now I am stuck driving a good, cheap on gas and automatic car. If it was a manual, that wouldnt be so bad. 

Call the cops and file a report.  Let them track him down.  Probably won't help you financially, but at least the asshat will get caught.

Why will it have a salvage title? Damage is not all that severe; I don't see how it could be considered totaled.  

• Like 1

Why will it have a salvage title? Damage is not all that severe; I don't see how it could be considered totaled.  

yep, only gets salvage/rebuilt if the car is totaled out... and actually it shouldn't even have an accident on the report if you didn't file a claim with insurance/police.

• Like 1