Sooo, if the government can't have crosses on their property...

...that would mean that there would be no buildings on their property since buildings are built mostly with materials forming a cross in their construction, right?

http://www.today.com/news/world-trade-center-cross-fight-continues-athiest-group-appeals-ruling-2D79328902?ocid=msnhp&pos=6#world-trade-center-cross-fight-continues-athiest-group-appeals-ruling-2D79328902

Thoughts?

Personally, I'm tired of atheists groups tying up our courts with stupid lawsuits. In this case they are suing due to the presence of crossed steel beams on LEASED government property.

This argument has been going on now for about 10 years. It began when it was on California property. After years of fighting over it California made the Federal Government a deal to lease the land because the Monument was considered a War Memorial from Korean War so the Federal Government agreed to it and leased the property. Once the Federal Government took possession of the said property the people fighting to get the monument removed had to begin the case all over again and fight it at the Federal level. I have been kind of keeping up with it but it comes and goes and you don't hear anything for sometime and then it pops up here and there again.......................jmho   Personally my feelings are they need to leave it alone as is represents to heroes and fallen of the Korean War. They at times have even demanded that all of the crosses that mark the graves in all of our military cemeteries removed and they didn't get anywhere with that either to date.

Edited by bersaguy

But, the guy who put it there did not put it there for a religious reason; he found comfort in it during the aftermath of cleaning it up. So if it doesn't matter to the atheists that religion is out of it, then it should not be allowed in ANY material forming that shape. Unintended consequences.

I read that it is a "private museum" on "Leased " property. So that's fine with me.

It's their money to do what they want with it. I'd feel the same if the atheist leased the property.

If they (the Atheist) don't like it. They should rent the property and build their own Museum on it.

Your money. Your Museum.

The amount of visitors will decide it's fate.

Edited by TnShooter83

I'm tired of atheism being shoved down my throat.  I consider myself a Christian and I believe that puts me in a very wide scope of people.  Yes, some of us are nuts, some of us are annoying.  Personally, I believe what I believe, and I believe that you can believe whatever you want, and I'm not preaching to anyone about my beliefs unless asked.  Maybe that makes me a bad Christian, if so then so be it.  I just wish the atheists could accept my Christianity as much as a accept their atheism.  I have friends who I've distanced myself from, not because they are atheists, but because they can't shut up about it.

Vocal atheists are just as bad as vocal Christians. I believe what I believe and I don't want your ideas shoved down my throat either. People would drop a brick if an atheist group started putting billboards up in Tennessee, but yet there are plenty of Christian billboards up, and I get to see dead babies painted on a van that tells me I'm going to burn in Hell.

It seems to me people only worry about feeling persecuted if it suits your ideals, but if not who cares. Does anyone here feel bad for that poor teenage girl in WNC who received death threats from good wholesome Christians because she asked her school to allow her to start an atheist group?

Sent from the blue lagoon.

I believe that the ills of this country are a direct result of U.S. turning our backs on GOD. I say this as a whole, not singling anyone out. Every time I think of the Millions of baby's aborted I wonder how WE will pay for this as I know that the Bible plainly states "Do not suffer the little children" I know that all those senseless murders has hurt our GOD and he is not happy about it. I always remind people how GOD allowed HIS chosen people to wander in the desert for 40 years and they could have easily walked across it in 3 weeks. If this is true, how long do you think he will let us "wander" in the desert. We have allowed the minority atheists to take GOD and prayer off of most everything, but is still puzzles me that "In God we Trust" is still on our money. The question is do we still put our trust in GOD??

• Like 3

I was raised in a christian home, but don't go to church as I should. But I'm still a believer, and am sick and tired of all the atheist, and gay marriage crap. No more praying, no more Pledge of Allegiance, and all the pussifaction that is going on in our country. I fear that if this crap is not brought to a halt soon that we will end up like Sod'om & Go-mar'rah. 

• Like 3

Vocal atheists are just as bad as vocal Christians. I believe what I believe and I don't want your ideas shoved down my throat either. People would drop a brick if an atheist group started putting billboards up in Tennessee, but yet there are plenty of Christian billboards up, and I get to see dead babies painted on a van that tells me I'm going to burn in Hell.

It seems to me people only worry about feeling persecuted if it suits your ideals, but if not who cares. Does anyone here feel bad for that poor teenage girl in WNC who received death threats from good wholesome Christians because she asked her school to allow her to start an atheist group?

Sent from the blue lagoon.

This is where I'm at. From what I've seen over the years from my fellow Americans, the most vocal people (whether they be atheists or Christian) who scream of encroachment on their way of life, beliefs and having the opposing side's beliefs shoved down their throat don't actually care about anyone else's beliefs being marginalized, they just care about their own.

From my perspective it seems as if those vocal folks sit on the fringes. I have a family member who has gone over the edge in terms of Christian fundamentalism. I have a very close friend who is an outspoken atheist. If I put them both in a room together both of them would argue that the other one wishes to marginalize them and use the government to control their way of life based on the other's belief structure. So which one is right? Both of them. They're also very, very wrong; both of them.

I don't think it is any more appropriate to claim that "all" atheists are evangelicals looking to convert everyone to their way of life anymore than I think it is appropriate to claim "all" Christians are trying to do the same. Think of how many Christians you may know who never bring it up, so you can't claim that they're trying to change or control you. Now think about how many atheists never bring it up. You would never know they were atheists. So how would that make the whole of them "evangelicals".

And since we can't go a single thread without bringing up the gay thing, I could compare the same here. I never knew any gay folks until I was an adult. The ones I met were screaming queens that literally floated when they walked. I always thought it was ridiculous that the gays all walked around flaunting their gayness in everyone's face, and yeah, it pissed me off and made me really resentful of homos. Then I found out about a family friend who was gay. I'd been around this person enough to not classify them as girly man, and they weren't a weirdo. Since then I've been around a few more gay folks that were pretty normal, with the exception of not liking chicks. I think back on my earlier perception of gays, and consider the reason I classified all gays as being "up in your face" about it was because the only ones I'd know to be gay would have to be "up in your face" to know it. Therefore, there exists the possibility that I've met hundreds of gay people and never knew it. How could I classify those people the same as the screaming queens? How could one judge all atheist based on the loudness of a few?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gentlemen, this isn't about religion per se; it's about the inane rigidness of this retarded argument that the atheists are trying to promulgate through the courts. Nowhere in the Bible will you find instruction to make a cross, wear a cross, or any such other item to include worshiping a cross. In fact, the cross shape that we refer to today is not the shape of the cross that Jesus was crucified upon. The crosses that were used to crucify people during that timeframe were "T" shaped. The only instruction found in the Bible is to take-up our cross daily. In other words, to bear the burdens of our belief. The cross that we know of today came about long after the deaths of Jesus and the disciples via Emperor Constantine who claimed to have had that shape appear to him in the sky along with instructions to go forth and conquer under that sign.

The issue is that the defendant in this suit specifically stated that there was no religious connotation to THAT cross. It was just something that gave him comfort. So the point is to the atheist argument, (you know, the people who think that they are smarter, more enlightened, and have stronger minds than Christians), that it matters not that there is no religious meaning to any cross; it cannot be on government owned property. By that argument alone it would extend to ANY cross-shaped item on any government land: therefore, the building themselves would be required to be torn down.

Personally, I'd love to take a wreaking ball to the IRS building. :)

Edited by SWJewellTN

Personally, I'd love to take a wreaking ball to the IRS building. :)

Well, that is a the holiest site to our ruling class. Might as well be the Democrat version of The Vatican.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's simple really.  The .gov has/had no business spending tax dollars on memorials, monuments, government buildings that resemble palaces, etc.

I'm Christian through and through, but my belief is that the .gov has no place in my religion and my religion has no place in the .gov.

Demographics change and sentiments change and I have no desire to be at someone else whim.

The purpose of the .gov should be restricted to settling property rights disputes, contract disputes and providing for a common defense.

[quote name="Caster" post="1121440" timestamp="1394215580"]I reckon they'll wanna remove crosses from Arlington next.[/quote] This is exactly what I was thinking. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

If Christians weren't so tolerant of everything there wouldn't be these problems. You don't see these people screaming over stuff the Muslims do because they know they'd end up with their heads chopped off.

Guest Lester Weevils

I thought that was for Carpet Baggers???

I thought it was about the same thing. Some places haven't invented tar and feathers yet, so they just cook and eat missionaries. They probably taste about the same be they christian, muslim, or atheist missionaries. :)

Edited by Lester Weevils

Caster don't give them any ideas. I had thought the  same thing, and to tell you the truth it really wouldn't surprise me of anything the gov't decided to do next. Tar and feathers and a rail to ride the scum out of town would be a good start!!