Malaysian Plane Missing After Take Off

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26492748

"The Boeing B777-200 aircraft was carrying 227 passengers, including two children, and 12 crew members.

It went missing two hours after taking off from Kuala Lumpur."

Can you imagine ... Horrible I can't imagine crashing into the china sea at night :-/ ... All I can assume is that is what happened?

Still developing:

-plane bound for beijing
-expected to arrive 6 hours after take-off
-it is now 2 hours after ETA
-flight tracker doesn't show chit
-No idea what's going on
-239 (227 passengers, 12 crew) missing Edited by mcordell
Guest TankerHC

4 Americans on board. A baby and three adults, also Brits, Australians, Canadians, and a lot of other Westerners. Just updated,

Malaysia Airlines breaks down nationality of passengers on missing flight: 153 from China, 38 from Malaysia, 12 from Indonesia, 7 from Australia, 3 from France, 4 from US, 2 from New Zealand, 2 from Ukraine, 2 from Canada, 1 from Russia, 1 from Taiwan, 1 from Italy, 1 from Netherlands, 1 from Austria
Edited by TankerHC
I’m a technology junkie; I find it hard to believe a 777 airliner dropped from over 35K feet and that location and time is not documented somewhere.
If this is true; they aren’t even searching anywhere near the right place.

One uncertainty about the flight involved when it disappeared from radar and how quickly the search began in the Gulf of Thailand. Malaysia Airlines said that the plane took off at 12:41 a.m. Malaysia time, and that the plane disappeared from air traffic control radar in Subang, a suburb of Kuala Lumpur, at 2:40 a.m.

That timeline seemed to suggest that the plane stayed in the air for two hours — long enough to fly not only across the Gulf of Thailand but also far north across Vietnam. But Mr. Lindahl of Flightradar 24 said that the last radar contact had been at 1:19 a.m., less than 40 minutes after the flight began.

A Malaysia Airlines spokesman said on Saturday evening that the last conversation between the flight crew and air traffic control in Malaysia had been around 1:30 a.m., but he reiterated that the plane had not disappeared from air traffic control systems in Subang until 2:40 a.m.

• Like 1

FNC is reporting an oil slick has been found.  We'll see what time uncovers...   hate it for the families.... and that pilot had over 18,000 flight hours.  who knows... we can all get complacent, but they had no shortage of experience in the left seat.

[quote name="Peace" post="1121822" timestamp="1394286980"]FNC is reporting an oil slick has been found. We'll see what time uncovers... hate it for the families.... and that pilot had over 18,000 flight hours. who knows... we can all get complacent, but they had no shortage of experience in the left seat.[/quote] Isn't it possible that something on the plane broke, causing the crash?

Isn't it possible that something on the plane broke, causing the crash?

Certainly, but you would think even if they lost total control they would have time to get out a mayday. It’s almost as though they hit something or exploded. I’m not jumping on the “bomb” bandwagon, but it appears to be a possibility.

The timeline is confusing to me. It appears they were far beyond the Gulf of Thailand?

Isn't it possible that something on the plane broke, causing the crash?

It is possible, but its odd that they didn't sound any kind of Mayday or any call for help whatsoever. I worked and rode on Helicopters while I was in the Marines, and it woukd be very unusual not to report a problem over radio as soon as it started to occur. Which makes it more likely that the plane either exploded or experienced some kind of failure that rendered all electronics inoperable at the same time.

Tapatalk ate my spelling
I wonder why they would blow the plane up over the china sea? I understand maybe a bomb malfunction or stupid terrorist. But I fail to see how this end result would have been their master plan.

Of course TWA 800 exploded with no bomb, supposedly :tinfoil: Edited by Lumber_Jack
Guest TankerHC

Well I would look at who was on board, where it was flying from and the names of the Pilots. First thing I thought of when I saw this last night. And it would not be unprecedented. There was Indonesia in the 90's, NIgeria when those two Pilots were fighting and that other flight not too many years ago when the Co-Pilot locked his Captain out took the plane into a dive. 

I thought after learning of the two stolen passports it may have been a bomb but then I looked at the dates in which the passports were taken. One 6 months ago and one 2.5 years ago. The one that was 2.5 years old would have been out dated and should not have been approved for flight yet that person was apparently on board according to the passenger manifest and so was the other guys that was stolen 6 months ago. Everything about the subject seems blurred and will probably take some time to sort out and no telling if they will ever recover the black boxes.........jmho

Guest semiautots

I thought after learning of the two stolen passports it may have been a bomb but then I looked at the dates in which the passports were taken. One 6 months ago and one 2.5 years ago. The one that was 2.5 years old would have been out dated and should not have been approved for flight yet that person was apparently on board according to the passenger manifest and so was the other guys that was stolen 6 months ago. Everything about the subject seems blurred and will probably take some time to sort out and no telling if they will ever recover the black boxes.........jmho

U.S. passports are valid for 10 years.  Other countries are similar.