Undercover Operation?

Ah, it's supposed to be an inexpensive scare tactic to detour folks from speeding. It's similar to those signs that warn drivers that LEO are using radar from helicopters and airplanes. How often are they doing that?

However, the sign you've posted is much more entertaining. 

Everyone knows that those are all being used up by the NSA or DHS...

• Like 1
Metro got the bright idea of posting those around Davidson county. most knuckleheads that get locked up can't spell or read the word surveillance to begin with. Cough cough good one like its gonna work. On a far worst side metro has a 250k trailer that has cameras and flashing blue lights on it like a tilt a whirl or space ship at a carnival. I see it out once on a while in parking lots flashing away it's supposed to deter crime....stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 2
[quote name="Dustbuster" post="1128509" timestamp="1395523924"]Metro got the bright idea of posting those around Davidson county. most knuckleheads that get locked up can't spell or read the word surveillance to begin with. Cough cough good one like its gonna work. On a far worst side metro has a 250k trailer that has cameras and flashing blue lights on it like a tilt a whirl or space ship at a carnival. I see it out once on a while in parking lots flashing away it's supposed to deter crime....stupidity never ceases to amaze me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.[/quote] I saw that the other day and was wondering what it was.

Metro got the bright idea of posting those around Davidson county. most knuckleheads that get locked up can't spell or read the word surveillance to begin with.

Yea that is why you see signs that read game cameras in use. Chances are if you know the definition of surveillance the sign wasn't meant for you.

I got ripped into for wearing an Uncover Police t shirt once. A woman told me I was taking my life in my hands letting everyone know I was an undercover cop............... She really flipped when I told her I wasn't a cop lol

• Like 3
On the way to the beach one year in NC we passed a sign the was placed a little before an exit ramp that said "drug enforcement stop ahead" there was not one but they would pull you over if you took the exit. I pity the guy that just needed to take that exit for another reason. You never know what they are trying to accomplish with these signs.

Metro got the bright idea of posting those around Davidson county. most knuckleheads that get locked up can't spell or read the word surveillance to begin with. Cough cough good one like its gonna work. On a far worst side metro has a 250k trailer that has cameras and flashing blue lights on it like a tilt a whirl or space ship at a carnival. I see it out once on a while in parking lots flashing away it's supposed to deter crime....stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

It seems to spend quite a lot of time parked beside the Shell station and BuyBacks at the corner of Old Hickory Blvd and Gallatin Road.

[quote name="hipower" post="1128642" timestamp="1395539719"]It seems to spend quite a lot of time parked beside the Shell station and BuyBacks at the corner of Old Hickory Blvd and Gallatin Road.[/quote]and that's such a nice area too.... :) Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee
[quote name="sigmtnman" post="1128550" timestamp="1395529791"]Don't know about up here, but in florida they absolutely used aircraft to time folks for speed. That is what the big white lines were for on the interstates.[/quote] Yup, especially between Tampa and Orlando. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seems to spend quite a lot of time parked beside the Shell station and BuyBacks at the corner of Old Hickory Blvd and Gallatin Road.

I think you are talking about the Sheriff's Office mobile booking unit. We drop prisoners off and take out warrants via video chat and get back available in less than half the time of going downtown. The thing he was talking about is a white trailer with a white box that has a camera and blue lights.
  • Like 1

Ah, it's supposed to be an inexpensive scare tactic to detour folks from speeding. It's similar to those signs that warn drivers that LEO are using radar from helicopters and airplanes. How often are they doing that?

However, the sign you've posted is much more entertaining.

Metro used aircraft. It lasted about a week I think. When I was surveying we staked out their target zones on Briley Parkway.

I always thought it was a dumb, expensive, idea .
  • Like 1

183698.jpg

Lets just hope the state never gets a budget for these :whistle:

That's one bad A- - machine. Make me lock the brakes!

You wont have time. If somehow you survive the first salvo, the AT missiles will get you.