TWD Season 5

• 2 months later...

I hadn't watched TWD on regular TV until tonight. I picked it up since Christmas and watched all previous episodes on Netflix. Seemed to be ALOT of commercials tonight. At one point, there was less than 4 minutes of show between commercials. Is that normal?

No, it is not normal. Tonight was like the Walking Commercial.

• Like 1

I hadn't watched TWD on regular TV until tonight. I picked it up since Christmas and watched all previous episodes on Netflix. Seemed to be ALOT of commercials tonight. At one point, there was less than 4 minutes of show between commercials. Is that normal?

No, it is not normal. Tonight was like the Walking Commercial.

Maybe we watch different shows. lol

I find TWD to have a very high time between the show segments. And the closer you get to the end of the episode, the more frequent and longer the breaks.

Once you get around 45 minutes into the episode, I can count on breaks around the 48, 52/54, and being the old time freak who recorded everything on vhs cassettes for years, I really get upset with the long breaks. I swear I've timed some from 3 and a half minutes to right at a full 5 minutes.

AMC is one of the worst offenders, but by no means alone. I think the standard was about 45/46 minutes of programming per hour in those days. Now I think it's about 38/39 minutes.

and being the old time freak who recorded everything on vhs cassettes for years, I really get upset with the long breaks. I swear I've timed some from 3 and a half minutes to right at a full 5 minutes.

That's why I DVR it and FFwd through the commercials. I can start watching the episode about 15-20 minutes after it starts and I end up finishing pretty close to real-time.

• Like 2

That's why I DVR it and FFwd through the commercials. I can start watching the episode about 15-20 minutes after it starts and I end up finishing pretty close to real-time.

Yeah...but for me to do that...I'd have to bring myself into this era in tech. lol

AMC gives you a good long first segment in TWD before a commercial.  Seems each segment of show before a commercial break gets smaller as the hour moves forward.

Decent enough episode.   

I liked how Tyreese offered up his arm to the zombie to keep its mouth occupied, LOL.  

Anyone else watch using StorySync?

AMC gives you a good long first segment in TWD before a commercial.  Seems each segment of show before a commercial break gets smaller as the hour moves forward.

Decent enough episode.   

I liked how Tyreese offered up his arm to the zombie to keep its mouth occupied, LOL.  

Anyone else watch using StorySync?

Weird. Never heard of that. Looks like an effort to tempt people from cable cutting.

• Authorized Vendor

Yeah and it sucks. The more popular it gets the more commercials it gets. During the first and second seasons it wasn't like that.

I has some questions....

How did Noah's brother get out of his room? The door was shut when Tyreese was making his sweep through the house and the bedroom door was shut. I didn't think walkers/rotters/biters/whatever knew how to turn a doorknob (except for Morgan's wife in Episode 1).

Moreover, how did the boy walker sneak up on him without making any sound?

I has some questions....

How did Noah's brother get out of his room? The door was shut when Tyreese was making his sweep through the house and the bedroom door was shut. I didn't think walkers/rotters/biters/whatever knew how to turn a doorknob (except for Morgan's wife in Episode 1).

Moreover, how did the boy walker sneak up on him without making any sound?

There were two zeds who bit tyrese. So the one behind the closed door may have been a third? Or a big continuity error