TWD Season 5

Yep. and it's 530 miles by Google Maps from Atlanta to Richmond, so yeah, they went about 500 miles from Georgia to Richmond.

The only thing game-changing about it is that they're back on the road again. Kirkman said in the Talking Dead that they'll be getting desperate as things like food and clean water run out. That's good.

Season 1: on the road = awesome

Season 2: wandering around the woods for 3 weeks followed by sitting on the farm = suck

Season 3: Sitting in a prison in a spitting contest with a town = suck

Season 4: Getting sick in the prison followed by burning it down and a walk to another "shelter" at Terminus = suck followed by not bad

Season 5 so far: Terminus....hiding in a church near Terminus....a nearly zombie-free Atlanta = suck

The only really good episodes in season 2-5 have been when they're on the move. Season 1 was almost all on the move which made it great. It looks like they're on the move for much of the second half of this season, so I'm holding out hope.

• Like 1

Yep. and it's 530 miles by Google Maps from Atlanta to Richmond, so yeah, they went about 500 miles from Georgia to Richmond.

The only thing game-changing about it is that they're back on the road again. Kirkman said in the Talking Dead that they'll be getting desperate as things like food and clean water run out. That's good.

Season 1: on the road = awesome

Season 2: wandering around the woods for 3 weeks followed by sitting on the farm = suck

Season 3: Sitting in a prison in a spitting contest with a town = suck

Season 4: Getting sick in the prison followed by burning it down and a walk to another "shelter" at Terminus = suck followed by not bad

Season 5 so far: Terminus....hiding in a church near Terminus....a nearly zombie-free Atlanta = suck

The only really good episodes in season 2-5 have been when they're on the move. Season 1 was almost all on the move which made it great. It looks like they're on the move for much of the second half of this season, so I'm holding out hope.

Damn, just about spot on. Season two was fine with me. After that I think it all went down hill with a few exceptions like you said ,

They almost lost me a couple of times in the past when they are playing house. I like it much better when they are on the move, just because Zeds aren't the only bad thing they can run across. We will see.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

They almost lost me a couple of times in the past when they are playing house. I like it much better when they are on the move, just because Zeds aren't the only bad thing they can run across. We will see.

Oh I agree that if the Zeds were their only adversaries, I probably would have given up on it a good while ago.

- OS

S5 E9 What Happened and What's going on?

Watched the program on DVR running about 25 minutes behind, staying off Facebook during that time to not have spoilers.  

Episode was confusing from the start, going back and forth, did see a road sign in South Carolina.  I knew from last episode, they would not stay in Atlanta.  

Rick stays in touch with Carol on handheld radio.  Commenting they were 5 or so miles away.  Myself being a Vol. Fire Fighter, I know in best conditions my radio can function to about 15 miles, but works best when well under 10.  I did wonder how they charge the radio?  I assume, they grabbed some ideas from the hospital where the people there used excersie equipment to produce electricty.  

They wisely park by some wrecked vehicles to make it look like their truck is part of the wreck scene.  Walk up to Noah's old neighborhood, he wants to look around.  Even finding his own house.  What got me that in all the other episodes, it was ordered at beginning of the outbreak, people should head to areas such as refugee camps (in which that was the worse thing to do) but Noah's family and possibly neighbors stated put.  They also fenced in the area.  But, (unless I missed something), did little for fortify their own houses.  Also, did anyone notice, of Rick's group, only two had firearms, and those being handguns????  I am assuming the ammo has run out.  

Michone is getting fed up with being on the move, which is very much unlike her since she has been a moving type since we first met her.  

Noah, very doubtful he will survive the season, he is more useless than Eugene and can't take care of himself.  

Tyress, has fought up to a dozen walkers with a hammer but is taking down by one of Noah's twin brothers who is a walker.  He knew there were walkers in the house and didn't clear the house before making a search.  

The episode director intentionally mislead the viewers during the entire episode with many sub-mystery plots to be solved later.  There is also something about wolves.  Something we didn't think about, What about the wildlife?  Of course, domesicated animals, pigs, cows, etc would be found and eaten by walkers.  Deer would be eaten by walkers, until they learn to stay away.  Wolves, a natural predator, fast enough to get away from walkers, go in packs for protection and hunting more effective.  Wolves will figure out which humans are walkers and hunt the non-walkers.

The episode director intentionally mislead the viewers during the entire episode with many sub-mystery plots to be solved later.  There is also something about wolves.  Something we didn't think about, What about the wildlife?  Of course, domesicated animals, pigs, cows, etc would be found and eaten by walkers.  Deer would be eaten by walkers, until they learn to stay away.  Wolves, a natural predator, fast enough to get away from walkers, go in packs for protection and hunting more effective.  Wolves will figure out which humans are walkers and hunt the non-walkers.

There were a lot of teasers in the episode. The wall was burned, attacked, someone drove a large vehicle through it. Noah's people weren't overrun by walkers, humans did that. "Wolves are Near." I don't think that meant wildlife. The headed torsos in the truck, the half bodies in the field by the breach. The old pick-up and the Volvo were riddled with bullet holes, that wasn't just a random accident in the woods. 

The radio broadcast. It kept going through over and over for Tyreese. I think that has something to do as well.

I think they are going to meet an organized group, something to make Woodbury look amateurish. I think there will also be some form of armed resistance to that 'Republic.' I think that resistance is the 'Wolves.' I think that is who took down the gated community.

I actually like the episode, btw, thought it was very nicely done and an interesting change of pace from a totally linear plot line. Nice way to blend a bit of the past and also tantalizing hints to a creepy mystery at that compound and of course as always suggesting a sense of foreboding for the future.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
Sasha needs a dose of what her brother got last season. A good stiff asswhippin'.
Acting stupid like that gets everyone hurt.

That was a good plan though! Nice and gentle, calm and cool. Gentle guide the herd over the edge, one at a time. Leave it to one fool to F it up.