Murder or Accident, Tony Stewart Race Car Accident

runco

If you guys were on the jury, Stewart goes free.  Plenty of reasonable doubt.

There's zero questionable actions that occurred here.  Just watch how he tries to slide the rear end down towards the inside to avoid the guy.  To explain this in a bit more detail:

The tires on dirt cars are staggered (at least the faster cars - modified, LM & sprint) hey do this so that not much energy is wasted trying to get the rear end to slide towards the outside.  Any time you just punch the gas, the car will automatically slide up and out.  His car went the complete opposite of that... it is literally  impossible that it would have done that on it's own and shows Tony put an actual effort into avoiding the guy.

<edited>

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 3

jury?  that is putting the cart in front of the horse.  There will be no criminal charges, and I am not so sure Tony would lose the inevitable civil case.

Heck if he would not be shooting himself in the foot to do so I believe he could make a case in civil court against the deceased.

Really a horrible accident that never should have happened. Calling it murder is just ridiculous. The race was under caution by the time the cars came back around so for Ward to exit his car and remain by its side might be understandable, but his actions after exiting were just stupid. Unfortunately the young man paid for his actions with his life. And this is something Tony will live with for the rest of his. From all accounts so far Tony made every effort to avoid him. Thoughts and prayers go out to both families.

OK, first off, I hate Nascar/Oval track/etc racing as making a left turn around the world does nothing for me,

Is Stewart an azz? I have no idea. Is the other driver stupid for getting out and chasing Stewart down on a dimly lit track in the middle of a race? Absolutely.  I can only say that Darwin won.

• Like 1

I am a big Tony Stewart fan so take that for what its worth, but in no way do I think Tony A) did it on purpose and B, did not do what he could to avoid it.  Lets keep in mind that he is probably one of the best dirt track racers of all time.  Like him or not, his skills are unquestionable.  No one can tell from any of the angle's shown what truly happened.  I actually suspect the guy took a step down at the last moment and his foot/leg got caught and that was the end of it.   I may be classless, but I don't feel bad for the guy.  I do feel bad for his family and for Stewart who have to live with the outcome.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 3

I don't think Stewart will face any criminal charges, and if he did, I don't think he'd be found guilty.

That being said, he is a ####. It wouldn't bother me if every time he showed up at a track, a group of people gathered around him and kicked his ###.

Very sad. Prayers go out to both families involved. On a more sobering note, looks to me like the classic hotshot local guy wanted to show up the superstar and when that didn't happen it looks like the local hotshot couldn't let it go. Let's just hope Obama doesn't chime in and say "if I had a son, he would be just like Kevin Ward!" Racing is dangerous enough, they don't need drivers or spectators running loose on the track.
  • Like 2

You guys have absolutely zero proof that it was Tony's car that hit the gas. He won't get in any trouble for this. It's just a bad event all the way around. 

I watched the video several times. At the same exact moment you hear the sound of acceleration, you also see the tires spin on Tony's car, and the tail end of the car slide to the left. Neither could happen without hitting the throttle.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1

You guys have absolutely zero proof that it was Tony's car that hit the gas. He won't get in any trouble for this. It's just a bad event all the way around. 

It was his car, they were already in a yellow (possibly red) and the sound came at the exact moment his tires spun up and started sliding.  You would have a better chance of winning the powerball tonight than it not being his car.