Things are about to get a lot worse in Ferguson

Guest kingarmory

The details of exactly what happened are sketchy and in dispute. What is not in dispute is that there was an altercation and a shot was fired in the car. I would guess that the Officer was scared to death and was in fear of his life. You can’t turn that off in a second.

The other thing that is not in dispute is that the dead perp just committed a robbery and assaulted the store owner. So should we care that this criminal is dead? We should have no more concern for him than he had that he might injure or kill the store owner.

I sincerely hope they don’t try to make an example out of this Officer for the sake of trying to keep other criminals from looting stores. (Stores that may well be owned by blacks or others that had nothing to do with what a cop did.)
  • Like 4

The details of exactly what happened are sketchy and in dispute. What is not in dispute is that there was an altercation and a shot was fired in the car. I would guess that the Officer was scared to death and was in fear of his life. You can’t turn that off in a second.

The other thing that is not in dispute is that the dead perp just committed a robbery and assaulted the store owner. So should we care that this criminal is dead? We should have no more concern for him than he had that he might injure or kill the store owner.

I sincerely hope they don’t try to make an example out of this Officer for the sake of trying to keep other criminals from looting stores. (Stores that may well be owned by blacks or others that had nothing to do with what a cop did.)

For once I agree with everything you said Dave. Well put.

interesting comment from a cnn host, he claimed his producer "heard a national guardsman" tell another person "these n words are going to get crazy you should leave" the cnn host stated it was true "cause my producer dont lie" this guy should be arrested for inciting a riot.... broadcasting a hearsay statement that would cause injury....dummies

Well said!

What also is not in dispute is the bulk of the chaos stems from the friend of the "victim" who lied about the robbery (by omission).

On Tim Pool's live feed just now, he interviewed some woman who said "yeah it's calm out here now that's how I like it. BUT if that cop don't get locked up, you think this week was bad....." So, this viewpoint is also a huge part of the problem, even if there was a video showing MB rushing and beating the cop, they just want the cop locked up no matter what! STUPID!

• Like 1

MO governor now calling for "vigorous prosecution" We are no longer a nation built on rule of law

Yep, he's obviously decided to cater to what he thinks will please Holder and the zero information Dem voter base, throwing any semblance of proper jurisprudence to the winds.

Shameful and outrageous, on the eve of grand jury hearing, as he was the state's Attorney General and certainly knows better. He and Holder will probably get a room.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
If this officer gets railroaded I will be a very unhappy person. Let's count this down. 1. A criminal commits crime. 2. Police officer responds and detains said criminal. 3. Criminal assaults police officer. 4. Police officer pursues criminal. 5. Criminal charges officer with intent to harm and gets shot. 6. People riot so it's officers fault. What if officer had surrender his weapon and let criminal use it for the next robbery and kill someone if not killed in the surrender of weapon, whose fault would it be then. The officer has a duty as do we as gun owners not to let our weapons fall into the wrong hands. How can this not be a self defense situation, police officer or not.

Good grief man. Why do you always go from zero to 60 so fast? Take a breath. Even the police stated the dead guy was 30 feet from the cruiser.

Again, I'm not saying he did anything wrong.

You're making claims about something that should of happened based on incomplete information. That irritates me and is the reason why an innocent officer may have his life ruined. You weren't there. How on earth could you speculate as to what the officer should or shouldn't have done? I don't get that at all.

Gov. Nixon isn't as stupid as his 5 minute video makes him out to be.  He's clearly pandering to the far left base and minority communities and setting himself up to be seen as a "leader" by them no matter what happens.  I think he is playing for 2016 and enjoying the free media coverage that is getting his name out nationwide.

"The democratically elected St. Louis county prosecutor and the attorney general of the United States each have a job to do”

See how he omits any responsibility on the State of Missouri?  If Officer Wilson get's indicted by the grand jury, he was the first politician to have the balls to call for it.  If he isn't indicted, he was still the one calling for it, but the fault is with the St. Louis county prosecutor and the AG for "failing to act", not his administration.

“We have a responsibility to come together to do everything we can for this family, peace for this community, and have the courage to address the problems that have divided us for too long,” Nixon said, citing the problems “of poverty, education, and race.”

Sounds like a splendid platform to run on in 2016.  With him out front on the issue as an executive, even Hillary would have to play some serious catch-up.

Edited by btq96r

Was watching this "press" person" from the "I am Mike Brown" live feed again.  One of his last voice overs was that he was going to continue to live stream until the crowd peacefully dispersed.  Well some idiot did something and the police charged in to grab them so instead of continuing the feed, he ended it with the police in full active foot chases. 

Same guy the other night was having the crowd move vehicles out of their way so they could "get this $hit on video" when they started popping the tear gas on the unruly crowd in the street.  What a putz.  Don't get a video record of anything that hurts the cause.  So tired of this.

In case anyone wants to see it up to where he stopped, here's the link:

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930

It will be the third one down the list, unless he takes it down, with the beginning frame showing a girl in a pink check shirt in the foreground.  Go to the last 60 seconds where it starts and then ends.  He does come back on and state that he lost his link/cell connection so that's why it stopped.  I guess the police shut down the cell phone towers as well.  He was sitting on top of a SUV, well out of the way of all the people running.  I say he's just another shill.

Edited by Rightwinger

You're making claims about something that should of happened based on incomplete information. That irritates me and is the reason why an innocent officer may have his life ruined. You weren't there. How on earth could you speculate as to what the officer should or shouldn't have done? I don't get that at all.

Just stop. You're being ridiculous and trying to put words in my mouth. You do it here constantly and it's getting old. 

MO governor now calling for "vigorous prosecution" We are no longer a nation built on rule of law

Fox News Channel anchor Megyn Kelly criticized Gov. Jay Nixon (D-MO) for a statement he released on Tuesday calling for “a vigorous prosecution,” “justice for the family of Michael Brown” and “justice for Michael Brown.”

“That is not the way our justice system works, and he knows damn well that is the case. He knows it, he was the Attorney General. He has a responsibility as chief executive of that state not to stoke the fires. Chris, is he that worried about his political hide that he's going to endanger this officer's life further?” she said. And, “That was an irresponsible and outrageous statement to make on the eve of the grand jury convening and he needs to walk it back and apologize for getting ahead of his skis.”

Earlier in the show, anchor Shepherd Smith reported that the governor’s office stood by the statement when contacted by Fox News, but claimed that “what he [Governor Nixon] meant was, that the investigation should go forward and let the chips should fall where they may.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/08/20/Megyn-Kelly-Rips-MO-Governor-That-is-Not-the-Way-our-Justice-System-Works

The Governor is an educated person with a law degree. If he had meant “investigation” instead of “prosecution” he would have said that.
If this clown had any aspirations of running with Clinton; thankfully they are gone now. If you want to turn a tragedy into a chance to further your political career you should choose your words carefully.

All the positioning, windbaggery, and pronouncements that are being made by the political class with the various speeches, "investigations" and political machinations around ferguson have absolutely nothin to do with the truth and justice, and everything to do with political opportunism...  

The democrat plantation owners have created this economically challenged non-family tribe of folks, have voluntarily incarcerated them in a ghetto thru promises of "free stuff" to contain them, and they are working them to use them to their best effect...That use:  "To be a megaphone to amplify the "we be put down by the man too long", "whitey's mean and uses excessive force on us", and "whitey is a killa" mantras...

The "tribe" has already decided that whitey is guilty; and the facts be dammed... They ain't interested in facts.... They are interested in a "whitey" being made to pay for the heinous crime of defending his life against a monstrous, drug besotted, hooligan that has been terrorizing his own neighborhood.... The grieving family members cant bring themselves to face the truth of this matter, anymore than Trayvon's family could... They simply cannot accept the truth that these 'kids" were, in fact, dangerous thugs...

Nixon and those surrounding him in the political class are no better nor no worse than any of this current crop of Democrat plantation masters...They are just playin this bunch of "children of lower estate" like a violin...The rest of the state be dammed...

I say if the people of Missouri and St Louis county want to put up with this; let it be....  Keep electing these sons of b*#ches...   All they want to be is to be at the top of the fiefdom wielding all the power and everybody else can be everybody else... They care nothin about the law and everything about being in power and being the last word on everything...

We are devolving into 'third world" status at many locations in this country, with most of it centered in the large population centers in the blue states...  The Obama administration and these state democrat plantation masters have done more to destroy the rule of law in this country over the last few years than any other group has in the last sixty or so...

I fear the truth of this matter will never come out due to the fact that those "investigating" it are sworn politicos who see the law as nothing more than a weapon against your political enemies and a tool to further their political interests ALA the Rick Perry/Tom DeLay thing...

My offhanded guess is that the truth aint gonna mean much in this one... I hate it for all involved, but i fear it's the truth.... I believe that the only chance this poor policeman has is in the federal court...

This one will truly be one to watch... The real losers here are the people of Ferguson and the rest of Missouri in general... The ones squalling for justice just want revenge; the ones that vote to keep these sons of b*#tches in office are believin the lie...

The casualty of all this is the murder of "equal justice under the law"; which we can quibble about a bit; but has pretty much been the norm up until recently...

leroy

• Like 4

If this officer gets railroaded I will be a very unhappy person. Let's count this down. 1. A criminal commits crime. 2. Police officer responds and detains said criminal. 3. Criminal assaults police officer. 4. Police officer pursues criminal. 5. Criminal charges officer with intent to harm and gets shot. 6. People riot so it's officers fault. What if officer had surrender his weapon and let criminal use it for the next robbery and kill someone if not killed in the surrender of weapon, whose fault would it be then. The officer has a duty as do we as gun owners not to let our weapons fall into the wrong hands. How can this not be a self defense situation, police officer or not.

almost.

1) criminal commits serious crimes (assault and robbery)

2) police, unaware,  think criminal is just jaywalking and stop to talk about the jaywalking.

3) criminal (possibly, even probably, thinks he is caught and panics), possibly assaults officer (unclear -- odds favor the LEO, but a few witnesses say cop grabbed criminal)

4) some sort of pursuit

5) unclear if criminal attacked or surrendered or just stood there looking stupid or whatever else.  No one seems to be sure.

It all hinges on what really went down.  The best witness, at ground 0, are the LEO who could be lying (does not seem to be) to cover his backside, and the criminal's buddy, who has already been caught in a lie.   The next best witnesses were too far to see with 100% certainty what really happened -- and many of them had the gumption to duck and cover when the bullets started flying.

It is going to take some doing to prove that deadly force was necessary.  Inside the car, being hit by the criminal, shooting was justified.  30 seconds later, when the criminal is running away ... maybe not so much.  

Edited by Jonnin

I have often wondered how many times a Black Police Officer has shot and killed a white person. Reason I am curious is because we never have any riots, looting and violence that lasts for weeks to refer to. Yet every time a black person is shot and killed by a white person we always have riots , looting and weeks of violence to refer back to. Rodney King beating cost L.A. many square blocks of buildings burned to the ground and riots and looting. Shooting of Trevon Martin we see riots and looting and nights of violence and unrest.  Now we have Michael Brown shot by a white police officer in what appears to be a self defense/arrest for a robbery and beating of the officer prior to the shooting and the only two witnesses is the criminals accomplice in the robbery and the beaten police officer. Of course we also have the normal reaction of the African American people with their riots, looting and violence that continues for at least a few weeks destroying other peoples property. Thing is many of these people doing the looting and rioting drive hundreds of miles to do this and make things 10 times worse. Is it a situation of maybe they don't have enough trouble makers there so we will go help????? Some one please explain this to me..................jmho

Edited by bersaguy

It is going to take some doing to prove that deadly force was necessary.  Inside the car, being hit by the criminal, shooting was justified.  30 seconds later, when the criminal is running away ... maybe not so much.

IF he was running AWAY, vs TOWARD

LEO shot him 6 times in the front/face. Unless they're boomerang boolits, I'd go with TOWARD.
  • Like 1

Which, considering other reported "stats" is pretty good shooting for a cop.

I don't Know??????   Does anyone remember that MAGIC BULLET that killed Kennedy???? It is amazing and remarkable  what some bullets have been known to do................jmho

I don't Know?????? Does anyone remember that MAGIC BULLET that killed Kennedy???? It is amazing and remarkable what some bullets have been known to do................jmho

In Oak Ridge, 6 shots were recently fired at a perp abt 15 feet away, by two different marksmen. All six missed. I think I they were trained in LA or NYC, but no SUV was available.

To *her* credit, perp then had enough sense to drop her weapon and sit down. Edited by R_Bert