So how about those Titans.....

Time to revive this year old thread! B)
I know it's only one game and Tampa may not be a great test, but I thought Mariota did a great job and the defense looked pretty good.
Cleveland next week (who was beaten by the Jets) so maybe a 2-0 start? :shhh:

Can't wait till next week! Gonna see my first pro game ever! Only bad thing is I have to go to cleveland to do it!

The Titans kept a lot of their playbook a secret, not running it in the preseason from what it looks like.  Not uncommon in the NFL, however.  Mariota looked good, but they had the element of surprise,on the Tampa defense no less, so the jury is still out.  The biggest issue is now that the "style" of the Titans offense has been revealed, defenses can game plan against it better.

They get the Browns next week, and should win that, but then things get tougher with the Colts, Bills, Dolphins, and Falcons for a rare 4-game stretch at home.  They're going to be interesting to watch, which is good because NFL broadcast rules make them the only game I have when they play.

The Titans kept a lot of their playbook a secret, not running it in the preseason from what it looks like.  Not uncommon in the NFL, however.  Mariota looked good, but they had the element of surprise,on the Tampa defense no less, so the jury is still out.  The biggest issue is now that the "style" of the Titans offense has been revealed, defenses can game plan against it better.

They get the Browns next week, and should win that, but then things get tougher with the Colts, Bills, Dolphins, and Falcons for a rare 4-game stretch at home.  They're going to be interesting to watch, which is good because NFL broadcast rules make them the only game I have when they play.

That 4 game stretch is not going to be easy even with it being at home...the Bills defense is apparently the real deal after what I saw yesterday when they shut down the Colts for most of the game. The Dolphins have a pretty stout defense as well...

Time to revive this year old thread! B)

I know it's only one game and Tampa may not be a great test, but I thought Mariota did a great job and the defense looked pretty good.

Cleveland next week (who was beaten by the Jets) so maybe a 2-0 start? :shhh:

The offensive line looked a LOT BETTER than last year. The receiving core was being thrown passes that were catchable, and they caught them. Mariotta was tossing some wicked quick short passes after the fake. I really thought they looked good, but they were playing Tampa after all. :shrug:

• Like 1

The offensive line looked a LOT BETTER than last year. The receiving core was being thrown passes that were catchable, and they caught them. Mariotta was tossing some wicked quick short passes after the fake. I really thought they looked good, but they were playing Tampa after all. :shrug:

Agreed...still too early to say how good or bad Mariota will be or wont be. With that said, he is FAR better than Winston but I've been saying that since they played college lol

Well, Mariota certainly ain't no Jake Locker. :rofl:

I thought they looked good yesterday.

I'm not a Titans fan and I'll agree that they looked really good...Mariota looked good enough for me to put in a waiver to pick him up on one of my fantasy teams  :panic: if somebody would have asked me at the beginning of this year if I would add Mariota to any of my fantasy teams I would have laughed...after yesterday, I think its a safe bet.

But i don't want the old Titans I want the ones that win and win big

That was a fluke, it happens. Welcome back to reality.

I would love for then to be a contender again but it is going to be a couple years and even that is iffy. I still think they have the wrong coach too.
  • Like 1

Last week was a double fluke of everything going right for the Titans and everything going wrong for the Bucs. We got lucky that the final score wasn't worse than it was this week. Defensive penalties on the Browns at just the right times helped the Titans keep hope alive. I think this week's team was pretty close to what I expect most of this season. We'll have a few games where it all comes together and we'll have a few where it all goes wrong, but most are going to be like this one: Mostly competitive with a few more bad plays than good ones. I think the Titans will have a lot of close games, but lose more of those than they win. They'll also get blown out by someone at least once, and maybe as many as three times this year. I expect that the Patriots will destroy them in Week 15. The Colts will brobably blow them out once, and then you have opportunity for it to happen again any given week if they just fall apart.

If we finish at .500 I'll be surprised.

If Whisenhunt doesn't have this turned around by next year, He'll be gone. Maybe sooner if ownership changes.

Its still early...Cleveland isn't exactly the easiest place to walk in to and win at either. Fans are pretty brutal and the place is known to be pretty loud. 

Mariota is a rookie BUT I will say that he needs to get more comfortable in the pocket...I saw him screw up multiple times yesterday where he didn't get rid of the ball or tried to dump it to somebody as he was getting sacked. Cant do that in the NFL.