I found an awesome barbershop I'd like to recommend

Spots

So I started going to a new barbershop this week. Its called Franks Barbershop, off Northshore in Knoxville. Let just say its an amazing experience. I called and made an appointment, they were very accommodating and easy to get ahold of. When I got there I was greeted by two lovely women at the front desk. One confirmed my appointment, then showed me to the lounge and offered water or a very good root beer in a frosted mug. I took the root beer lol. While I was waiting I noticed they have very comfy seats, dart boards, chess boards and a pool table. I knocked out a quick game of pool out with another gentleman there while I waited. My barber was right on time, and she was very nice. She was chatty, asked me how I wanted my cut, etc. She gave me a quick shoulder and neck massage, then a perfect cut, followed by a shampoo and condition with a hot towel on my face. When she was done, she styled it perfectly and recommended a pomade for the style I wanted (slicked back undercut) she also trimmed my beard and mustache perfectly, and I don't trust many people with my beard lol. All in all I would say if you want a great, old school experience then you need to give this place a try. It was $25 for the cut, and they also do hot shaves, and tons of other services. You will have to deal with some hipsters (I was the only one in dirty work boots), but its well worth it.
  • Like 1

Sounds more like a grooming experience than a barber shop.

Whatever you wanna call it. Reminded me of the first barbershop I visited as a kid in the atmosphere of men sitting around talking, though it was much larger and high class.

Sounds great. I'd love to go but unfortunately I'm bald.

They do head shaves lol

This place? http://www.franksbarbershop.net/

That's definitely a step up from America's Cuts. :lol:

Thats it. At $25 its the most I've ever paid for a cut by double. Its also the best cut I've ever gotten and was a nice treat over the norm.

I assume since you had a beard and I've seen pictures of your in flannel that you were a hipster ... hahaha jk :)

Of course. But I prefer to be reffered to as a lumbersexual.
  • Like 1
"Reminded me of the first barbershop I visited as a kid in the atmosphere of men sitting around talking " ... Spots

... sigh ... oh for the days of the old fashioned barbershop. Barbers that had been in the same shop for years. Wood paneling with mounted fish on the walls. Barber chairs that were built like tanks. The magazines were 6 year old "Field & Streams". The old fellow over in the corner that could do a hell of a "Spit Shine" ... sigh ...
  • Like 2

$30 is a hell of a price for a haircut.

I mean it sounds nice and all, but when all I need is five minutes with a pair a clippers, I am fine once a year paying some grumpy woman who hates her job $10 and then tipping her $5 to get my annual haircut.

I used to always do mine in the military with clippers, but decided I would start trying something different. And for a luxury every few months, $30 ain't much. Though if I was a bachelor, I'd still have a shaved head, and a much woolier beard lol.

I'm mostly bald, but I think I'm going to have to take my son and see if they can do anything with his mop and my beard.

Thanks for posting this Spots.

I'll make sure I wear my dirty work boots also.

Kids cuts are some cheaper, and I think a beard trim by itself is $10 or so.

$30 is a hell of a price for a haircut.

I mean it sounds nice and all, but when all I need is five minutes with a pair a clippers, I am fine once a year paying some grumpy woman who hates her job $10 and then tipping her $5 to get my annual haircut.

I would definitely spend the $30 if I only had it cut once a year, lol.

I keep mine short so $30 a month is a little much for me. But once every couple months might be a nice treat.

I spotted Spots tonight (the smell of the pomade gave him away) and that's one fine haircut!

You were either at Kroger, or Oak Ridge Nissan lol. You shoulda walked up and said Hi.

Is this the by the car place and Label Industries?

Yeah I'll hit you up next time I'm gonna make an appointment

You were either at Kroger, or Oak Ridge Nissan lol. You shoulda walked up and said Hi.

I was gonna say hi, but I was on my way to the (second) pharmacy to get some meds for my wife. If I hadn't just read this thread, I would have seen you and thought, that guys looks familiar, but the pomade gave you away.

Thats it. At $25 its the most I've ever paid for a cut by double. Its also the best cut I've ever gotten and was a nice treat over the norm.
Of course. But I prefer to be reffered to as a lumbersexual.

You're not a real lumbersexual. You self-confessed to having (oh, the horror!) dirty work boots! If you had a spotless pair of these, you'd be a real lumbersexual.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Red-Wing-for-Brooks-Brothers-4556-Iron-Ranger-Boots/MH00388_____BRWN_13___D___,default,pd.html?cmp=ppc_us_google_pla_P_P_M_PLA_Mens&gclid=CNz4-9GxyMICFQIQ7AodwFgAlw&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm still in shock knowing that Red Wings sold their soul to sell through Brooks Brothers. What's next, J.Crew selling Carhartt? "I'll  have the Carhartt-brown overalls with pink/white-checkered lining with the cuffs rolled up. No socks please."

Edited by monkeylizard

You're not a real lumbersexual. You self-confessed to having (oh, the horror!) dirty work boots! If you had a spotless pair of these, you'd be a real lumbersexual.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Red-Wing-for-Brooks-Brothers-4556-Iron-Ranger-Boots/MH00388_____BRWN_13___D___,default,pd.html?cmp=ppc_us_google_pla_P_P_M_PLA_Mens&gclid=CNz4-9GxyMICFQIQ7AodwFgAlw&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm still in shock knowing that Red Wings sold their soul to sell through Brooks Brothers. What's next, J.Crew selling Carhartt? "I'll have the Carhartt-brown overalls with pink/white-checkered lining with the cuffs rolled up. No socks please."

If those didnt say Brooks Brothers they would be almost kinda cool. They look like the boots my Grandpa worked in in the 20's and 30's. That said, $398 to look like some souless hipster? Thats pocket change. They will go perfectly with my $400 skinny jeans, $150 plaid shirt, $300 canvas daypack and my hand forged $300 axe so that I can go cut wood like a real lumber jack.......
  • Like 1