Terrorism Wins Again - "The Interview"

Oh Shoot

Yup. So now the Hollywood distribution machine has knuckled under, almost certainly to North Korea. And it's a frigging comedy for c'sakes.

I guess that all it will take in the future are threats about most any form of entertainment to get it nixed for public consumption. Talk about a slippery slope for our way of life, wow.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/17/amc-regal-drop-the-interview_n_6342948.html

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/source-top-five-theater-circuits-758843

- OS

• Like 3

It appeared to be a stupid movie, but folding to terrorists is just wrong.

Oh, I like most of Rogen's stuff quite a bit, one of the few who can give me actual laugh-out-loud stuff.I imagine it will sneak into distribution at some point and of course wind up on tube.  I see most all movies a year or more on cable after the fact anyway, but that's not the point.

- OS

If I owned a theater with limited screens I'd likely have already dropped all 4 of the sony films involved in the hack. They have been available on the internet for weeks in their entirety killing any chance at exclusivity and with some of the films aimed at younger more internet inclined audiences profitability.

Sony should offer to show it for free to any major network willing to run it in primetime on regular tv.  I would make sure everyone sees it.  At this point, how much more could they be out.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

Sony should offer to show it for free to any major network willing to run it in primetime on regular tv.  I would make sure everyone sees it.  At this point, how much more could they be out.

If it's like most Rogen/Franco movies, running it in primetime on a broadcast network would result in some hefty FCC fines. :)

In all Reality I didn't think the movie would ever make the opening. It was very controversial since the promo's were released. Since I am not that much into comedies it is no loss as far as my going to watch it but I still think it sucks that we continue to knuckled under to the threats of just about every foreign nation on Earth. I often wonder where the United States of American went that I grew up in.....................jmho

If it's like most Rogen/Franco movies, running it in primetime on a broadcast network would result in some hefty FCC fines. :)

We might be able to get a special dispensation for just this one time considering who it is for  :taunt:

I predict in the next two years O will warm relations with North Korea the way he has with Cuba. Why not?

This is sad, just sad, everything is just sad! No leadership, no bravery, just nothing!

I feel the same.

He's determined to "get back" at those mean voting Americans that has caused so much injustice to his people. His plans are to take this country down several more notches during the short time he has left.

If the republican leadership doesn't show any backbone after the first of the year expect the country to slide even more into the sewer.
  • Like 2

Maybe a way to get a class "B" movie class "A" press.

Will not hurt the movie, I think.

Yup, look at all the free advertising they are getting.

Sure fire way to make people want to watch it. 

I am still not wanting to watch it though.