Sig Brace ILLEGAL to shoulder

A little off topic, but I still can't understand why it is "illegal" to build an AR pistol from an AR rifle receiver. Just shows how stupid the ATF rules really are...

Not ATF rule, SCOTUS interpretation of law in USC. Before that, ATF interpreted law to "ever a rifle, must stay a rifle". This issue, along with "possessive construction" issues, are actually significantly more relaxed now than before 1992.

The blame of having to interpret such law at all of course goes all the way back the NFA of 1934.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Especially when the drift kicks in.

So about them braces.... :lol:

I'll restart it. Have I iterated my personal stance? (I'd have to re-read thread to see :) :)) :

Short of getting a letter addressed to me personally forbidding it, or a public official ruling on ATF site that shouldering a brace on my AR or AK pistol is unlawful period, I'll continue to fire mine as I please. I maintain I have no illegal SBRs in my possession.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

I'll restart it. Have I iterated my personal stance? (I'd have to re-read thread to see :) :)) :

Short of getting a letter addressed to me personally forbidding it, or a public official ruling on ATF site that shouldering a brace on my AR or AK pistol is unlawful period, I'll continue to fire mine as I please. I maintain I have no illegal SBRs in my possession.

- OS

I'm not gonna let those sumbitches trap me. I'm ordering up a Fleshlight and some JB Weld. :)

I agree with Oh Shoot .

I got a letter with it when I bought it that said it was legal to own and did not make the pistol an SBR . They told some other guy that what he was doing was wrong and they only sent him the letter not me .

Mine has not been recalled , marked as illegal to own or install on my pistol . I shoot in my yard when I feel like , and that is not too often . How I shoot it ,hold it ,or anything else is my business and until they start rounding the braces up or putting people in jail it is all hear say .  I don't believe anything I hear and only about half of what I see .

• Like 2

The day the NRA starts a no-joke legislative initiative to repeal the NFA laws, they will have my attention and I'll open my checkbook.

You can start here with that checkbook: http://www.gofundme.com/fmxlnk

And that started here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1624460_NOW_ACCEPTING_DONATIONS__ATF_approved_post_86_machine_guns_for_NFA_trusts__updated_10_10_14.html&page=83#i49791552

I posted the above here a while back: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/82455-help-overturn-18-usc-922o-nfa/

Here is another org that has stepped up: http://nfafa.org/

I'll do some research on them, but I really want the NRA to step up, because they already have a relationship with the Republican party and even some of the Democrats in gun friendly states.  If they decided to get involved more, they could have a helluva impact. 

But you can't push fundraising after any real victory, so on the sidelines with this they sit.

Edited by btq96r

I agree with Oh Shoot .

I got a letter with it when I bought it that said it was legal to own and did not make the pistol an SBR . They told some other guy that what he was doing was wrong and they only sent him the letter not me .

Mine has not been recalled , marked as illegal to own or install on my pistol . I shoot in my yard when I feel like , and that is not too often . How I shoot it ,hold it ,or anything else is my business and until they start rounding the braces up or putting people in jail it is all hear say .  I don't believe anything I hear and only about half of what I see .

this

I agree with Oh Shoot .

Best post yet!!! :up: