Who remembers having one of these ?

Fourtyfive

I got my little boy one last year at the army surplus store in Sevierville. He also broke the tip of the barrel off......I need to pick him up another one when I'm down there again.

Your finding new ones ? These were made in the late sixties and seventies by Mattel and now on EBay for around $500 ! You wound it up by pulling back on the bolt handle about 10 times and a speaker in the magazine area made a pretty loud machine gun sound ; no batteries. Edited by Fourtyfive

Your finding new ones ? These were made in the late sixties and seventies by Mattel and now on EBay for around $500 ! You wound it up by pulling back on the bolt handle about 10 times and a speaker in the magazine area made a pretty loud machine gun sound ; no batteries.

Holy Smokes!!!! :eek:  It looks very similar to the one I got my son, but it's a little different. It doesn't wind up. You just pull the trigger and it makes an auto fire shooting noise. Also no batteries.

I had two , I broke the barrel off my first one as a kid and immediately got another. I need to find my second one , these things are bringing big money .....

imagejpg1_zps227ea381.jpg

I'm a little old for that. This is what I had.

Z0068402.jpg

I had them both!!!  Got the Johnny Seven when I was 4 for my birthday!  Had two the M16's when I was 9 or 10.  Broke both of them pulling back the "charging handle".  Both times they came off track.  They were cool as hell when they came out and were a "must have" with us boys that played war in Broadacres!

Wish I had them both now. :)

Edited by Moped

I had two , I broke the barrel off my first one as a kid and immediately got another. I need to find my second one , these things are bringing big money .....

imagejpg1_zps227ea381.jpg

I still have the one my parents bought for me nearly 40 years ago. It's all olive drab green, though & never had an orange tip. It still works too. The newer toys sure aren't made to hold up like the old ones. I can't imagine the one on ebay selling for that ridiculous price. I've seen $10 items listed for hundreds of dollars, but it doesn't mean the seller got his money out of them. One seller will ask $500 while another will ask $50. I have to wonder what goes through the heads of some ebay sellers (and some of the buyers too). :screwy:

Edited by luvmyberetta

I still have the one my parents bought for me nearly 40 years ago. It's all olive drab green, though & never had an orange tip. It still works too. The newer toys sure aren't made to hold up like the old ones.

Mine never had a orange tip either , I think that one in the pic does so it can be posted on EBay ...

Me and another kid in school used to have 2 sea bags each full of toy guns. We had WAR!!! every day at recess for 2 straight years during 5th and 6th grade. We pretty much armed everyone down to the 4th grade and the 3rd graders who the teachers would let play with us.

3rd graders make excellent Prison Camp guards and scout/spies.     Just imagine the horror and court ordered psych evals and forced medication they'd have us all under if we were kids doing that now.

• Like 7

Me and another kid in school used to have 2 sea bags each full of toy guns. We had WAR!!! every day at recess for 2 straight years during 5th and 6th grade. We pretty much armed everyone down to the 4th grade and the 3rd graders who the teachers would let play with us.

3rd graders make excellent Prison Camp guards and scout/spies. Just imagine the horror and court ordered psych evals and forced medication they'd have us all under if we were kids doing that now.

Ha!! I did the same thing in our neighborhood. Had a huge stockpile of toy guns. Mine were all copy look a likes put out in the early 80's. We used to have a whole army running around!

Ha!! I did the same thing in our neighborhood. Had a huge stockpile of toy guns. Mine were all copy look a likes put out in the early 80's. We used to have a whole army running around!

The sad part is today that would get SWAT called in on us & maybe even get our kids shot by trigger happy police. It's a sad world when I actually have to worry about letting my kids play with a toy gun. Now they all have to be a bright neon green or yellow or some other crap color & even then people act like you're a bad parent for letting kids have them. I miss the old days more than words can say.

• Like 1

back in the 60's we played army and cowboys every day at school and home.  everybody had toy guns.  we took them to school.  never had any problems.  what we did would never work today.  that is the problem with this nation now.  we are lost.  

• Like 2

We had the toy guns and figured out how to make gunpowder. That'd be prison time today.

Once we made enough homemade gunpowder to fill a Mountain Dew can. Used a sparkler as a fuse and set that puppy off. All the adults just laughed.

• Like 1

That Johnny Seven gun looks like the coolest toy ever.  When I was young, I might have seen parts of one in some kid's toy bin, presumably from a broken hand-me-down.

My brother had a double-barrel sawed-off shotgun that shot suction cup darts; it was great for playing Mad Max.  Together we had lots of toy guns; his friends would come over to play A-Team.

001341bcd71873dafaf4b9ad8d85fbbb.jpg

I remember this one and a 007 attaché case that was pretty cool.

Man from Uncle was a favorite show of mine and there just so happens that there is currently a movie in the works based on the show.

I had one of these as well as the attaché case. That was also my favorite television show. I mean, what prepubescent boy didn't want to be Illya Kuryakin?

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

Lol, I had one of those Lark M19-A full auto BB guns when I was a kid (yeah, my Dad bought it for "me"   :mellow:  ).

Those were the ones that used the freon cans and shot an advertised 3000 BBs a minute, IIRC.

One time he and I were on the lake fishing and one of those thick clouds of blackbirds flew over us.  They started dropping out of the sky...

Anyway, I was KING of the neighborhood BB gun wars when I got that thing (kidding, we only used pump BB guns for those and had "maximum pump" rules). 

I still have a BB in my ass from those days when a dick didn't follow the pump rules...I was scared to tell my Dad and it just healed up.

Actually, I think I might still have that Lark...  heh, heh.

Edited by TN-popo
  • Like 1