Some fuel for the Costa haters... Japanese Airsoft show

• Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3CxkhMVva4

:stunned:

I just don't even know what to say.  Wait... yes I do.

I'm a model you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I shake my little tush on the catwalk

Why, Chris?  Why?   :ugh:
  • Like 3

I thought this was the limit of how far his cult of personality would go...I forgot Japan is the X factor in all things.

chris-costa-action-figure.jpg

For a stack of $$$ and a trip to Japan I bet most of us would be up there shaking what we got. :rofl:

I'd sell my truck for a hot turkey sandwich before I resort to...whatever that was.

• Administrator

For a stack of $$$ and a trip to Japan I bet most of us would be up there shaking what we got. :rofl:

I'm pretty sure that conversation with me would have gone more along the lines of:

You want me to do... what?

10568873_1457085684566927_53853925415930

• Like 3

Combat? Costa? Combat? Costa?

Those words have never been used together because it has never happened. :stir:

I know. I was making a joke about how much real world experience he actually has. Does anyone know if he ever competed in the shooting sports, like 3 gun or similar competitions?

Just curious if he actually has a background in what actually works or if he just decided to separate himself from the pack with his unique way of doing things. Not the first time it has happened.

One of the biggest phonies is Pat Rogers. Most of his claims have been proven to be false but he sure marketed himself well. He is another person who will never see a dime of mine not anyone who associates with him.
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

All the jokes aside -- I'd still like to take a class led by him.  The guy has a lot of good info between his ears.  The Magpul Dynamics DVDs were great instructionals and there really wasn't a whole lot of BS in them.  Granted, Travis Haley seems to have kept him anchored pretty securely but still.

I think the most recent batch of ridiculousness is just the result of him believing his own press a little too much.

Costa was never on my "to do trainers list."

I have some of his Magpul videos and there is some good info there, but there is too much I disagree with.

Example, the way he teaches malfunction clearances...diagnostic.  I teach non-diagnostic.  It's not always on a brightly lit range when things go bad.

The asshat who was banned because of a recent thread involving Costa...I didn't necessarily disagree with some of the stuff he said.  I just didn't like some of the repeated, over-the-top, personal grudge attacks he made.

Edited by TN-popo
  • Like 2

The asshat who was banned because of a recent thread involving Costa...I didn't necessarily disagree with some of the stuff he said. I just didn't like some of the over-the-top personal grudge attacks he made.

Same here. I have a couple of the magpul DVDs and they have some good content. If I had my druthers I'd train with Haley ten times over before Costa
  • Like 3